CHN/KOR/INA WD pair disqualified from the Olympics

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by FlamingJam, Aug 1, 2012.

1. HappySachs

HappySachs Regular Member

Guess you didn't watch the group games then? Didn't see Graysia/Poli only just scrape by in the third game against the Aus pair of Veeran/Choo.

What you've written is pathetic nonsense and is in fact very disrespectful...

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    from Yu Yang's blog:

rough translation of what she said:

"we are throwing away group match to prepare for the elimination due to injury." to ask BWF: "do you understand player's injuries? we carry injuries to play badminton for 4 yrs. now you simply just disqualified us. your heartlessness shattered our dreams"

3. dthser

dthser Regular Member

omg Korean Pairs are soo stupid HAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHA

once they noticed that the chinese WANTED to lose, and the chinese WERE BEHIND in score, they shouldve have immedialtely STOPPED their intention to lose as well, and start playing seriously , because THEN, the score would be like 21-0 or 21-1 and the korean would NEVER have been disqualified....
    As far as the second Korean WD is concerned, they KNEW EXACTLY which outcome would result in which QF-Matchup, as it was THE LAST WD MATCH of the match. They shoould have KNOWN, that only IF THEY WIN, they would AVOID an all Korean quaterfinal
    IF THEY HAD LOST ( They WANTED to lose, why they wanted to lose is beyond me.. )
    They match up would have looked like that :

QF2.jpg

Korean Players are SOOOOOO stupid , can someone tell me why they tried to force a Korea vs Korea QF ???

the only thing they do since they were born is train, resulting in a lack of brain.
    if they hadnt tried to lose, BOTH PAIRS would have been still in the competition + The hot Favourite and biggest threak Yu/wang wouldve been disqualified.......

Koreans DESERVE TO BE DISQUALIFIED DUE TO STUPDITY

Attached Files:

• QF.jpg
      QF.jpg
      File size:
      38.9 KB
      Views:
    #143 dthser, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  4. dthser

dthser Regular Member

The Attached image at the end shows the orginal QF match-up

#144 dthser, Aug 1, 2012
  5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I think with its prompt and strict action, BWF has prevented badminton from being eliminated from the next Olympics.

If BWF had kept quiet and allowed this fiasco to happen unpunished, the matter may be brought up to the attention of the IOC later. Then BWF will be hard pressed to provide a good answer.

6. andrewtam

andrewtam New Member

I agree with Krisna, I think the WBF/IOC is concerned about its image. Fans were not happy and news of the match throwing was hitting news everywhere. They realised that they royally messed up the setup of the tournament and deflected the heat towards the players by DQing them. Its not about their image or fans, its about the athletes who wait 4 years for this opportunity. The Olympics is becoming too corporate and money driven, its disgusting.

In my opinion, the olympics are to showcase the best talent. You can argue that the 4 teams didn't, but now that you DQ them, we now have a bunch of noobs (great players compared to you and I, but lets face it, noobs compared to the top players) in the most important part of the tourny. Who cares about round robin....no one.

#146 andrewtam, Aug 1, 2012
  7. radeonxt

radeonxt New Member

Well said, I did not like this round robin group play at all. If thay want more counties to participate make a bigger draw of 32 instead of 16 pairs for doubles. Singles was even worst (groups of 2 and 3). Whay give top seeds less matches or in other words more rest.

8. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    You can call Koreans whatever names, but stupid is not what they are.
    Ha/Kim are the genuine medal contenders between the two Korean pairs. It makes sense to avoid the gold-medal favourites Wang/Yu.

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    if they play each other, they are guaranteed a spot in semifinal.

if they get split up, their stronger pair of Ha/Kim against YY/WXL is almost guaranteed to lose, and the other pair Kim/Jung only have 50/50 chance. maybe slightly more, but not guaranteed.

10. Fighter55

Fighter55 Regular Member

Writer
    China has been doing this for years, due to an embarrassment of riches in the form of having many high ranked players. Well, well, well...
    Earlier we had qualify and disqualify. Now we may have requalify.

11. kming

kming Regular Member

Computer
    I'm asking me what will be the attitude of LD and CJ if they meet win semis and LCW is in final. Wille they do the same opera as in 2008?

And the same fore WX and XL if WY doesn't reach the final in WS.

12. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

how they perform won't make big difference through i think, for some of you guys already sure they are fixed, aren't you? so let's just face it when it really comes.

#152 bad's fan, Aug 1, 2012
  13. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

According to the 'rules' even when you're one game down and 20-5 down in the second you should still bust your gut , risk injures , run around the court to try to win the game and match.

RIGHT!

14. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    sad. very sad.

15. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

be fair to the Indian team they knew they can't qualify before they start their last match.
    The JAP were definitely guilty for match fixing, what do you expect with a Korean in charge?

16. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I have to agree. Instead of share the blames with the players, the IOC/BWF simply acting like god, and push the little guys under the bus.

17. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

suuuuuuuuuup Canada's gonna play for the Bronze! XD

they most likely gonna go 1-5 getting trashed in all 5 games but hey they olympic semi-finalist ^^

18. jjashik

jjashik Regular Member

Right on!

How dare they completely disqualify the players, for what, 'lack of effort', given the years of effort in training they have put in. One could argue they were giving their 'best effort' within the scope of the whole tournament, trying to advance as far into the tournament as possible.

If the system encourages such match throwing, then it's its (the system and whoever determined this format) fault, and the IOC should indeed demand answers (and changes).

As for the spectator's side, one sympathizes with the ticket buyers, but really, what the beep does viewability or entertainment have to do with the Olympic spirit, (other than what IOC has turned it into for the past ??? years (wish **** Pound was voted president...)) How entertaining is shot putting or, weightlifting, or even water polo? Most sports are only entertaining to watch for the connoisseurs, the already-amateurs (i.e. fans) of the sport. And as badminton fans (and players), I think most of us can understand the reasons for their actions.

Imagine if the 100m sprint was a round-robin format and that Hussein Bolt was running in a heat having already qualified for the elimination round. Should/would he be disqualified if he purposefully finished last and the spectators booed him? Of course not.

19. amleto

amleto Regular Member

Lets get this right. These players were not just 'taking it easy' or 'conserving energy'. They were serving into the net and deliberately hitting shuttles out. They did this with malice and forethought. They definitely played with mens rea

They were correctly judged guilty and they have no-one to blame but themselves.

20. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If that's the case, US basketball (men) will be 1st one out. Be it this year's team, or even 92 dream team. They clearly trying too hard to "show boat", rather than stick with their normal performance standard. Either they are "nice enough to not running up score" (quoted by Tunisia coach and many others in 92), or simply too much of ego to play as an effective team (this year), they are all "not trying hard" as they should. So, do we boot them out?

What about Phleps, who lose quite a few race with physcial/mental mistakes this year? What about Jordyn Wieber, who suppose to be all around champion (women gymnastics), but did not even make the cut? What about the US archer (forgot him name), who suppose to be "the man", but lost in QF? And the list is on and on... when you argue "below standard performance"...