CHN/KOR/INA WD pair disqualified from the Olympics

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by FlamingJam, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Staiger1

Staiger1 Regular Member

Fashion designer
    The media is definitely making a big fuzz about out of this , it happens in other sport as well when you have group stage (playing at different time) . If it was a lesser badminton nation involve , it would not be a big issue but since it is china ,S.Korea, who both are also topping in the overall Olympic medals, the news spread like wildfire.

Anyway good luck to Bruce-Li in their semis , they played well today and deserve to be in a Gold/silver medal chance

2. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, right decision for players who don't appreciate sportsmanship. They got what they done, disqualified from Olympic Games.

3. amleto

amleto Regular Member

My learned friend, you have seen straight through me as if I were but a vestige walking amongst mortals.

I cannot fault your logic and doff my hat to thee.

4. amleto

amleto Regular Member

sorry, all I could think about after that was Bruce Lee playing badminton :D

5. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

No, ZYL/TQ still capable of winning Gold here....................

6. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Oh, definitely. With YY/WYL out, WD is wide open but ZYL/TQ has as good or better odds of winning. Only concern is ZYL playing XD and if she makes to both, how would she fare in the final, playing 2 matches same night?

7. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

before i went to sleep last night, the appealing process was still ongoing. This morning, I checked, the appeals filed by both teams had been declined. That's a wise decision made by them this time. I am wondering are the playera crying now.

8. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I post before seeing the SF lineup...I say WZL/TQ mine gold, only the Jap pair to offer token resistance, and for Canada, we can possibly get a bronze, our 1st medal in baddy....go Canada go...these days with medals so hard to mine, every medal even copper or zinc counts....CAN Boleh

9. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    <BR><BR>
    <BR><BR>I post before seeing the SF lineup...I say ZYL/TQ will mine gold, only the Jap pair to offer token resistance, and for Canada, we can possibly get a bronze, our 1st medal in baddy....go Canada go...these days with medals so hard to mine, every medal even copper or zinc counts....CAN Boleh

10. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

WD Finals and XD Finals are played in different nights. Lucky for ZYL!

11. uniclone

uniclone Regular Member

This is a say day for badminton... Top seeds who put on such great shows and worked so hard for this day all of the past 4 years were treated like dirt. Who are the ones who gave badminton fans something to cheer about? first time the top seeds had to do it themselves so as to avoid meeting before the finals. BWF is a joke. Whats is so wrong with the system these past 4 years? Asians dominating the sport? ....... Sad news, read that Yuyang might have decided to quite badminton for good.... Crushing a 4 year dream in such fashion is scandalous.... Moreover, these 8 are the ones with a right to call the gold medal theirs.

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    they worked so hard to serve into net and return into net whole matches?

13. K_a_d_e

K_a_d_e Regular Member

Worker
    I feel sorry for all of them they must be absolutely gothic, everyone have been working hard in the past 4 years they gave averything train hard, some injuries but in the end they have to walk away not because they've beaten by their opponents and is so sad, i blame BWF for this, they should noticed this in the first game between chinese and Koreans even before the game they shoul gathered everyone from WD department and warn them if they trying to lose they will be disqualified righ away that's Gail Emma said, they already warn bwf about this after QT/ZL lost to Padersen/Juhl, be we all know BWF is so lame

14. fel8649

fel8649 Regular Member

zapalang
    the punishment is just great! it is really ashame to look at what they were doing during the match, ugly. feel ashame of your country. to the coach LYB, you and your team mate deserve this.

15. uniclone

uniclone Regular Member

Please take a look at the rankings. All because of one match? Who in the 1st place will group the top 2 in such they might end up on the same side of the draw? This is ridiculous. Such great players being maginalised.....By using a point system, which rule states that you cant take it easy? This all started from BWF, why change now? Looking at the field of players remaining... its a joke.

16. ah tat

ah tat Regular Member

student
    i saw the replay the official did warn the chn and kor pair tt they can be disqualified but they still continue to play like tt after the warning

17. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    I think there's a difference between 'taking it easy' and 'trying (hard) to lose'.

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yeah,they are world number one,so why afraid to meet zhao/tian in quater final?
    please tell me why.

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well
    sometimes biased and patriotic made someone blind.