Yonex Nanospeed 9900 Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ants, Feb 5, 2009.

1. grayson

grayson Regular Member

businessman

I personal think that u suitable to use ARC 10.It heavier than NS9900.but stil lighter than At900p.my personal opinion is ARC10 is all rounder racket,so suitable for single and double.At900p is attacking racket.So suitable for single player but will feel slow in double when fast swing or defence.NS 9900 is the most faster swing Racket in YONEX.So it will suit for double too.Most of the Player who using Ti 10 will change to NS9900 soon.U can try to swing this 3 rackets then u will know it what the difference.

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

the ns9900 is a great doulbles racquet especialy if u like playing at the front if u have great reactions then you can make the most of it's head light balance
    I find it really good for singles and doulbles
    As for arc 10 never played with it for a doulbles match once I swapped with a friend in a singles friendly game and found it was well weighted I think it is suitable for both types of game but I think I still prefer nanospeeds

3. Firedrive

Firedrive Regular Member

Project Manager - Hotel Logistic
    I bought the Nanospeed 9900 2U JP version about 1 months ago and this racket is definetly the best racket which I have ever owned so far after playing previously with TI-10, Nanospeed 9000X (both 2U) & Sotx CP7000.

I had played with the ARC 10 once but I didn't really like it.

The major improvement of the Nanospeed 9900 towards the Nanospeed X is the better manoeuvrability for defensive shoots. Power is about the same imo.

I feel much better at the net now than before (setting up & finish for the kill). This is what other players told me.

But actually my best investment so far is my private coaching lesson with a former HKG national player. Quite expensive at HKD 400 per hour but definetly worth every cent!!! :D

4. andyid02

andyid02 Regular Member

Move Container
    Hi Firedrive, then may i know how is it compared to Li Ning N90? Any comparison made? In additional, N90 is much much more expensive than NS9900.

5. Firedrive

Firedrive Regular Member

I have not tried the N90 personally but one of the chap in my club has this racket. I might ask him to let me swing a few times next week.

Although I am an offensive player and a hard smasher, I don't really fancy head heavy racket because the defensive factor is lacking. And at the end of the days, you can't only rely on a big smash, especially if you play against some advance players.

6. andyid02

andyid02 Regular Member

Move Container
    Yup, agree, hmmm so NS9900 still more value for money :D thank you very much for your comments.

7. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

I'm currently using a 3UG4 AS version NS9900 and I find I haven't really won a game with it in doubles play. I however find it VERY repulsive and whippy when you apply a fast wrist generated swing speed. The really interesting aspect about the racquet is that it attracts you to be fast on your feet and to grasp all the shots your opponent make, thus (to me) makes it kind of hard and disconcerting for doubles pairing/harmony but very good for dominating play in a singles game. It also reminds me of an old 2U Ti-10 (1st gen) I used to play with but only with more feel due to the stiffness and lighter since it's 3U. The smash capability is also very good since you're applying whip from your arm rather than depending on the head weight of the racquet, making it feel better to maneuver than an Armortec.

In fact it is almost TOO repulsive with the current NBG 95 (at 23lbs) string I have on it. I'm planning to restring it with BG 65 which I'm more used to. Hopefully this will give me a better balance between having a good soft feel and high repulsion and whip when needed. Hope I've contributed to the marketing and shelf life of this racquet (hehe, LOL).

8. Firedrive

Firedrive Regular Member

If you have played with a 2U TI-10 like me before, you should actually get the 2 U version of the Nanospeed 9900 too. I tried the 3 U version but it's to light for me and remind me of the Armotec 800 DF (4U)

Even I have the Nanospeed 9900 strung at 25 lbs now (Ashway Micropower - my favourite now next to BG66), I still think that I can go for a higher tension to get a better controll.

9. rotchanasak

rotchanasak Regular Member

engineer
    acceptable valued racket

this is my 1st post.i am in thailand.
    in here yonex nanospeed 9.9 is the same price for arc10.
    i have use nono 7700 before 9900.and like "ant" said your game will change.
    i agree with him.if for you guy who seek for head light balance rackets.
    the nano speed 9900 is the suitable choice for you.but i also agree that the "price" is too high.for now with my ns9.9k for about 1 month my game is improve in all side ( drive,net shot,fast drop,or smash) compare with my old ns7.7k.not only my feeling but also from my friends on court.i am not worry in yy ns9.9k life on sale.because i buy only 1 rac per time.and old ns7.7k for 2 years (still work).so when the time has come the "next" rackets for me will help to improve my game and for sure it will mark for yonex.
    and
    "thank you very much for your great comment "ant" "
    2 times you help me on my choice rackets
    thank you for my ns7.7k and ns9.9k

10. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Hey guys, I've just come back from playing a 5 hour session with the UNSW badminton club. On first sight, it is actually impressive to see two or more people (mix of guys and girls) also using the 3U version of NS9900 which costs about AUD270 here. It seems to me the NS9900 is actually getting pretty popular these days.

Anyway, my last impression of my 3U NS9900 is that it really is pretty good for doubles play. I did quite a lot of angled hard smashes from the back court which were mostly winning shots, and my arm still feels pretty refreshed, meaning it didn't take me too much effort to generate such powerful shots. The lightness and frame shape of the racquet really helps with the generation of fast racquet movement for good smashing speeds ala the Armortecs (have owned an AT700LTD for a while). Net plays also came out almost ridiculously fast and accurate for me. The racquet is still strung with NBG95 at 23lbs, four knots stringing.

So at last I conclude that the 3U version of NS9900 is better for me for doubles play and I really would like to own a 2U version and perhaps string it with BG65 at 24lbs, 4 knots stringing for my singles use.

11. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

wow this thread has been neglected since the "z" came into town however I thought I would try to revive the thread with some weird stats from my own ns9900
    I was really bored so I decided to measure the BP point and the weight of the racket
    I decided to put it on the relible scales in my kitchen the racket has a overgrip (yonex supergrap) over the serial and cone code It is a 3UG3 racket
    The racket weighed 79.3g (digital scales) I weighed it three times so that it was accurate and each time (apart from the first which showed 79.4g) it showed that weight however isn't 3U meant to be 85-89g ? Also even though it is very light it is still increadibly powerful
    The BP measured was 281BP
    Does anyone else have this with their rackets ?

12. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    A 3U racket shouldnt weight less than 80G.82-83 is the lowest point i believe.R u sure that there is nothing wrong with the digital scale?Both of my 3UG4 IP,JP 9900 weights 88,90.From all the rackets i have,the lighthest among all my 3U rackets is one of my old700.87G.All is unstrung.

13. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Back to the topic,this racket reminds me of the NS9000X.This is my 2nd 9900.JP one.Strung at 25,26 with BG85.I am personally a player of AT series,head heavy,i mainly use my arm to smash.While playing with this head light racket,if i'm smashing from the backcourt,i find it difficult to find the timing to really smash it hard.But with just some whips,this racket can hit the shuttles fast enough.Unlike AT,it's not heavy,but fast.

14. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

pretty sure there is nothing wrong with them
    They are only one week old so there shouldn't be anything wrong with them also the racket is strung so that adds more weight racket is UK coded and legit

15. jerby

jerby Regular Member

yonex 3U's are 85-90g
    however, when a racket is strung and has an overgrip you shouldn't be surprised to get 100grams or something like that.

Have you checked the scales whether it's at zero when unloaded?

16. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

yeah scales read 0.0g before I had weighed the racket on the three seperate occasions I was quite suprised when that Reading came up

17. cliffhu

cliffhu Regular Member

researcher
    It's very likely that your scale isn't working right. Measuring three times and getting same readings only mean the scale is precise (or consistent performance in measuring) but not meaning it is accurate.

18. gavinloh

gavinloh Regular Member

Initial Impression (1st session)

NS9900 3U with NBG95 @ 24lbs + Wilson Kontrol Grip

Switched to NS9900 from my 3 months old AT600. It feels great although I misfired during warm up. The reason? I swing too fast. With its head light, I can swing much faster now. As I primary played as defensive double, I getting to like this racket.

Then, when the game start, I can feel equivalent strength with my AT600 if not greater (not yet fully utilize its fastness on smash). I didn't feel less power despite its lightness. I think its extra stiffness in shaft helped.

I am getting closer to more shots in defensive mode than I have with AT600. However, I have to admit I need to improve my skills further to return the shots properly. This definitely gain my interest and attention to sharpen my skills. More after more sessions.

Looks

It is best looking for a black themed racket. It has orange metallic on it. I paired with Wilson Kontrol Grip (Black with Orange wording) to make it perfect. It is stringed with NBG95 Gold, not entirely match but I would say 80%. Overall, it looks sophisticated with all the new technology in it. I love it.

19. minty31

minty31 Regular Member

Just ordered 2 9900's with bg 80 at 28lbs. Ive been using the 9000x at the moment so i hope il be able to adjust ok. so excited :)

20. RonRam

RonRam Regular Member

I'm playing with NS9900 racket for about a week now and had 1 tournament on it.
    All I can say this racket is awesome, with a proper use of wrist, the smashing power is perfect even you're at the back court.
    This is my first yonex racket after RSL top rackets and really feel different.
    All I can say, I love this sport :D