*New! Adidas Badminton

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by derrickn, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

You're in a league of your own. I wished I had the same amount of time and opportunity to try out those Adidas rackets! I can't buy them all, but thanks to you for leading me to the Duoforce. :)

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Nah... AZP is medium shaft, 82g, bp295mm (just checked their website), whereas
    FB 4U if made would be 83g, bp295mm, medium shaft (even though it says stiff but flexing it it feels medium).

VT80 4U is 83g, bp315mm!, pretty stiff shaft in comparison.

3. Sgt_Strider

Ok, but that's just an assumption of what a 4U FB would be like. From what I gather, I definitely don't think the FB and the Adizero Pro would be similar. They'll feel different in play.

4. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Assumption on feel maybe but by definition of a 4u those would basically be the specs based on what the 6u is.

5. visor

visor Regular Member

yep... i'm not the touchy feely type... i work with the specs, head wt and all

from what i know of 3u, 4u rackets that i've measure, i can appoximately estimate the specs of the 5u or even 4u fb

6. Sgt_Strider

Even if you want to go with specs, there will be variation in weight too. Even if it's a 4U and that really just classify a range, it could be 80g, 81g, or 82g.

7. decoy

decoy Regular Member

I think visor just assumed 83 cause that's in the middle of the 4u range. But you're right. On topic: is there a review of the adipower tour yet? I saw one for the pro.

8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Nah, not even close. The VT80 is a battle-axe in comparison. Keep in mind that the 4U VT80s are usually just below 85g, unlike the AZ Pro which is aiming at 81-83g, and has a whole 20mm on it in terms of balance.
    The AZ Pro is probably the middle ground between these two extremes, although for me the listed specs are actually close to the limit of what's still usable without significantly weakening your whole offensive game.

9. Sgt_Strider

Someone did a couple of pages ago. I think he's in Singapore. He said he didn't like the racket.

10. Sgt_Strider

Regardless of the numbers, I was and am still expecting the Adizero Pro to be less extreme than the Voltric 80. However, like I said a while back, after trying out a bunch of rackets over the past month, I think I know what type of racket that I like. I'm going to avoid rackets like the Voltric 80 going forward. If I upgrade in the future, I'm only going to get rackets like the Adidas Duoforce or Yonex Arc FB.

11. Sgt_Strider

Kwun, this is for you.

Attached Files:

12. Porky

Porky Regular Member

Awaiting your thorough review of the AP Tour, since it rank No.2 for u...i'm interested to find out how u feel about this racquet :)

13. Sgt_Strider

It's possible the Duoforce is growing on me. I played much better after a 2 hour session during the weekend. I have now spent 4 hours using the Duoforce. The timing issues have been resolved and I suppose after the initial learning curve, this racket feels very natural to me. I think the biggest improvement that I noticed during the weekend was my defence. I have no issues with offence. I was able to defend against most of the hardest smashes. What really surprised me was how there was this play where the birdie was hit slightly past me and I had to do one of those awkward looking backhand and was still able to hit the birdie towards the rear of the court. To this day I've been able to only do that with my Arc FB. I haven't been able to do that with any other racket.

14. Daniel1953

Daniel1953 New Member

Sales
    May i know the Adidas Racket is made in where? How the quality of the racket??

15. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    well..it is made in china.

16. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Data from the neighbours (AT700) - measured with Gosen GM31 swingweight measurement machine

GM31_m.jpg

adipower pro

重 g SW
    90 - 89
    87.5 - 87

adipower tour
    85.5 - 84

adizero pro
    84 - 81
    84 - 83

adizero tour
    84.5 - 81
    84 - 80

precision pro
    85.5 - 84
    88.5 - 87

precision tour
    86 - 84
    83.5 - 79

With the following note:

随便抽查2支
    看数据国产球拍的通病
    一般差2个数值
    最多同一只拍尽然79 和 84

所以
    买国产拍,最好秤一秤

#1376 demolidor, May 21, 2013
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
  17. visor

visor Regular Member

^^ Those swingweights are as expected as all those Adidas rackets are head light other than power pro.

18. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Yep, except perhaps the Adizero ones. You'd think the numbers were switched around? But the swingweights never have .5 in them so probably in the right order ...

19. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Huh? The SW of my current favourite racket is 42g.

20. Sgt_Strider

I played another 2 intense hours with the Duoforce today. I think I'm falling in love with this racket. I still haven't got around to test and review the 5U Arc FB that is lying on my desk. I will get to that this Sunday. I promise.

I don't know what it is, but my defence was really good today. It was much better than last weekend and certainly much better than last week. The Duoforce have been an absolute joy to use over the past 2 sessions (totalling about 4 hours of intense play). Like Kwun said in his review, the racket have more power than I can possibly take advantage of. I don't know what more to really say about this racket. It is probably the best offensive oriented racket I have ever used. I'm liking it so much that I'm thinking of ordering another one as a backup.

As for which one is better, Duoforce or 6U FB, I can't make up my mind. They both play differently, but I like both. Again, I will probably need an entire summer to come to a conclusion. It's even harder now that I have a 5U Arc FB. It's like trying to pick between the BMW M3 or the Mercedez-Benz C63. Nonetheless, I wouldn't have it any other way and I am quite fortunate to be in a position where I can test out all of these rackets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.