Badminton store website with accurate info?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by ashkenazi, Jan 18, 2008.

1. ashkenazi

ashkenazi Regular Member

Hello all,

I've been browsing online badminton stores lately to try to find info on the racquets I'm interested in and I've noticed that a lot of websites have completely different information for the same racquet! For example... I own a Carlton Powerblade Superlite and it's been called even balanced, flexible, stiff, head light and super head light by a variety of sites. It's making it hard for me to decide on a new racquet. Anyone know of a reliable website? I'm looking for accurate info on my current Carlton Powerblade Superlite vs Yonex Armortec 500 ($148CAD incl tax/stringing) if it helps.

Not sure if this has been asked before because I wasn't sure what terms to put into the forum search..

2. 2ol2play

2ol2play Regular Member

retired
    Most rackets come from the factory with all 3 balance points...(unless racket is all machine made)...on 670cm long racket, find the balance point with your finger and measure from end of grip cap to this point....285cm is headlite 290cm is even balance
    and 295cm is headheavy. The guys at www.giadinhsports.com measure all their rackets when they come in from factory and mark bp on them...they are distributor for Yang Yang and Karakal.:)

#2 2ol2play, Jan 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2008
  3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

The problem is, even if all the sites give you identical information regarding stiffness or balance (assume all of them copy paste the spec), do you think it will be 100% accurate when it's down to your own usage?

All the listings, specs and reviews are simply for your own reference. If you get a chance, try to demo the racket before purchase blindly. At least Yonex AT500 should be widly available, and you should get a chance to rent/borrow one to demo. :rolleyes: