Saturday morning sessions in the East

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by iodoethane, Sep 14, 2008.

1. max0220

max0220 Regular Member

aww that's bad...anyway i am booking a court on mon at yck sports hall 5-7 on fri. u wan to come along and play?

2. iodoethane

iodoethane Regular Member

Game designer
    Hmm I'm not sure if I'll be able to join... I want to but am really busy lately, and also I doubt I can rush to YCK by 5pm or even 6 haha. I think most likely I'll just join u at mr choo's this sat ^^ Why you still in the beginner's session btw? Can upgrade le ba?

3. max0220

max0220 Regular Member

haha cannot la...my shots are inconsistent. on fri i played quite well in ur session but when i went to choo's session on sat, my shots were not as gd. smashes not like those on fri,drops n cross courts were bad. everything was bad! must train more with them first before i can upgrade. haha. oh ya the hall for choo's session is kinda slippery cos the town council just polished the floor on last sat.

4. iodoethane

Game designer
    Wah ok haha hope this sat not as slippery. This friday night I'll try booking for 8th Nov at simei cc. But I think I saw a banner saying 8th nov they got some function there again T_T

5. tanleels

tanleels Regular Member

court 2 had been clean, when i was there last sun, it is no more slippery...

both of u n kenneth if he's playing; should play the 2.30 to 4.30 session... u need to play with players that r better than u before u can improve... always play with ppl ur level or below will bring down ur level of play too...

don't mind me "kay-poh"...

6. iodoethane

Game designer
    Yah loh, see lah max0220 I told u liao we shd play the intermediate session lah... must play with those better than us to improve, I agree with Uncle tanlee. How, we switch?

Uncle tanlee -> Tks for the advice, I feel the same way also but I joined the beginner session cos max0220 is there also haha

7. teechuan

teechuan Regular Member

Totally agree with uncle tanlee, was once playing with my beginner collegues just once per week ( for my only badminton session) for a 2 months only to realise later that I cannot execute shots properly after a while..

8. tanleels

tanleels Regular Member

n u know what, tee chuan is veri good now...

hey, no worry lah... u can check with choo, c whether u can switch or not... since he had played with u guys b4, he will know if u can play in his intermediate session or not... worst case, play in the beginner session this week then switch to the intermediate next week loh...

9. teechuan

teechuan Regular Member

Uncle Tanlee,
    thanks .. playing with u guys does help alot :)

10. max0220

max0220 Regular Member

haha yea uncle tan. thanks for the advice. i wanted to join the beginner's session just thinking that i can practice my placements and execution of my shots but i was wrong. it didnt help me much. i felt that the friday session we had was really gd, they really pushed me to the limit. i was at my best that day perhaps of pressure from the advanced guy? haha. alex i will change with u if u wanna change to intermediate but u have to help me ask choo cos he booked 2 courts this week and he only have 9 people in the beginner's session

11. Yenny

Yenny Regular Member

whoa.. u all move to intermediate... leaving me bhind?? good lor...

12. tanleels

tanleels Regular Member

don't worry... when u recover from ur injury... work harder... u have the power n technique, u got to trust urself... think abt the games u played, wat r the mistakes made; make sure u don't repeat the same mistake/s again...

u will improve n join them in the intermediate in no time...
    *ps - my friend n i (guys) were beaten by 2 ladies... (5 - 15, tats the old scoring system)... ladies can be veri good players too...

13. iodoethane

Game designer
    Hmm I'll ask him ba, I think the intermediate session also looking for pple so shd be no prob... else yah like uncle tanlee said this time we stick to beginner first next time then change loh, also can... but I going overseas next week haha so just joining for 1 session for now.

Yah last week's session shiok, can tell that although jeremy is not playing competitively liao he's still very good, way above our standard. I think s_fiq's and his fren also quite good.

14. iodoethane

Game designer
    Yenny -> where got leave u behind, simei cc sessions will always be open to you (that one no restriction haha), just that recently I didn't manage to book a slot, paiseh :crying:

And yah you have the passion for badminton sure improve very fast one. Next time can join mr choo's intermediate liao =)

Wah they must be power. Or is it because u see them ladies then u underestimated them :p

15. tanleels

tanleels Regular Member

they r all power... after tat match, i don't dare to go back again... though i meet them again (this time separately), still no match... so don't play, play...

16. tenggk

tenggk Regular Member

May I know where does these ladies play at? :)

17. tanleels

tanleels Regular Member

they r playing at imh...

18. flyingfox

flyingfox Regular Member

r u refering v & m?

19. tanleels

tanleels Regular Member

no, i have not seen them there, maybe they have not join the grp (i maybe wrong)... if they r the ones my score will be 0 - 15 liao loh... partner bobby tat day too, he was probably thinking who is this kayu, trying to play badminton...

when i first saw/know mega n ven, it was at toa payoh, i don't know if they has been playing in imh b4 that or not...

#179 tanleels, Oct 21, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  20. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    I'm the one who's confused here :eek: