Victor Meteor X60 ( MX60 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by roycetan, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Acumen

Acumen Regular Member

Thanks davlee!

2. J4se98

J4se98 Regular Member

unprofessional badminton player
    Do they sell meteor x 60 in Canada?

3. Acumen

Acumen Regular Member

Bought mx60 and tested today for 2 hours session. Usually I'm using Yonex NS9900 for double match.

Clear from back and front court are easier n less effort.

Smash still cant get the right timing. Need some time. For now definitely my NS9900 more powerful.

Too used to my light head racket to do tight net play, need some time to adjust my play.

When i hold the racket feel head heavy, was worry about my defend and drive will be weaken but I still play the same level as using ns9900.

Going to use it for tomorrow session, see how it goes!

4. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Yeah the MX60 is going to be a bit of a shock coming off an NS9900. If you've got a pure speed game it may not suit your style 100%.

5. J4se98

J4se98 Regular Member

unprofessional badminton player
    So does anyone know if you can buy the mx 60 in canada?

6. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

I've seen the mx80 and mx70 on a few Canadian online stores but I haven't seen the mx60 yet. If you're willing to buy online, mybadmintonstore from Hong Kong has it.

7. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

Received mine from Squash Eric. I'll be able to test it at the end of the week.

8. Good_friend

Good_friend Regular Member

Social Servis
    Professional Player VS MX 60

Okay, I'm really sorry if apparently I've missed some post in the previous page. But, As I also recently try to get settle with this racquet paired with NS 660Ti string at 29 lbs, as also this one of the Hi-End category stuff from Victor in 2012 (In My Country) I'm really curious to know who are the professional players have this MX 60 in hand along their tournament? :crying:

:confused:

9. Good_friend

Good_friend Regular Member

Social Servis
    Hai, does anyone know about that, please thank's? :)

10. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    If a racket is not being used by professional, doesnt mean that it is not good. Likewise, you wont want to choose a racket just because it is used by professionals. You should choose and use one that is suitable to your playing style and your liking. I guess most professional players will prefer stiffer rackets as they have the power and they wish to transfer all their power through a stiffer racket. A stiffer racket will also provide better control...

11. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    I highly recommend that if you're that obsessed with what the pros use, just buy a Yonex ZF. I love those rackets. 90% of players I play who have 'upgraded' to the ZF their game has gone backwards in a major way, so I highly recommend it to all my competitors. ;)

12. i800Yoty

i800Yoty Regular Member

I've been eyeing this racket for some time and am really interested in it. But the BS LYD has caught my eye too.
    I used to be one of the bigger smasher in my club but stopped for about 6 months. And when i got back to playing i found myself with a weaker smash but alot faster at the net driving and intercepting which is now where i play 80% of the time.
    So the question is how does the MX 60 play at the front? Also compared to the LYD?

I'm a new member so forgive me if im doing anything wrong :)

13. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    Bs12 is the best racket for front court player.

14. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    It really just depends. LYD uses an (arguably) stiffer and heavier racket than he used to (BSLYD vs BS09), and a guy like Cai Yun uses a head-heavy racket (C7). So essentially, if you're a fast guy, you can either enhance that quickness by using a lighter, faster racket, or get a head-heavier racket to improve your back court effectiveness.

There's no such thing as a 'front court' or 'back court' player - it's simply a matter of what you prefer to play, not where you're going to spend most of your time. If you're not trying to improve the area of the court where you're weakest, your opponents if they're half decent will pick up on this and hammer you.

Both the LYD and MX60 are great all-rounders. There are faster and punchier rackets, but they both do everything very well. If you're after a Victor and 'speed' is your top priority, then the LYD would have a slight edge over the MX60. The MX60 feels like it carries slightly more weight in it's head so it could be argued that it might be slightly punchier from the back court.

15. i800Yoty

i800Yoty Regular Member

Hehe thanks Maklike ^^. I think i'll get the LYD 3U since I prefer to play at the net. I still have time to decide since i'm probably going to get it in February. I don't think a racket will get my full smash back, just good old training. I do prefer to play at the front, and weirdly I like to step into a smash and defend it from the service line, and as you said, this leaves me very open to the simple clear :(. Maybe when I can jump a metre upwards I won't have to worry :D. Thanks again Maklike.

16. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

@riffsuad & i800Yoty: It is a fact that the BS12 is quicker and lighter feeling (I had one and sold it) but it does not deliver the same punch as the MX60 (in the experience I have with my newly acquired MX60). Also, note that the MX60 seems to have a bigger sweet spot so it is easier to use and more forgiving when hitting off center. The MX60 and the BS12 I had are superbly precise racket, a precision that is unmatched by the 3 Black Knight rackets I had (1 of them I still own) and my YY iso TI swing power. I do not know what Victor's recipe is but it is one of their strength IMO.

17. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

can anyone tell me how stiff the mx60 is? can you compare it with BS 09's shaft? is stiffer than bs09 or the same?

thanks

18. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

It is stiffer; approximately the same stiffness as the BS11.

19. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

thanks for the reply.
    i don't know why on victor's website it states BS11: Shaft Stiffness : S○●○○○F
    for MX60:
    Shaft Stiffness:S○○●○○F
    so at the end, they are the same stiffness?
    :confused:

20. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    I don't find the shaft on the MX60 as stiff as the BS11 (European version that is). The only thing that may make it feel slightly stiffer than it's shaft rating is the woven carbon in the head.