*New! Adidas Badminton

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by derrickn, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    That's a very important point.

Sad as it may be, most people buy racket based on the brand, the look, and how "top of the line" it is.

More than a few times, we have heard people says, "recommend me a racket/string, as long as it is Yonex". it is kind of like the iphone mentality. people buy iphone for the brand, but in reality, many Android phones have already surpassed the iphone in technology.

for Adidas though, they are ahead of anybody else in the they have a internationally known and reputable brand. it will be hard to find anybody who have not heard of Adidas. that give them the brand recognition which is very very big. next is they need to make sure the designs are attractive, and then have a decent pricing level for their top of the line, not "Li Ning" high that price them out, but also not dirt cheap. add those plus a generous amount of marketing, from in store displays, from exposure in traditional and web advertising, and from sponsorship at both international and local level. that should give them the best formula for success.

it will take a few years.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    nice. a glimpse of the bags as well as the clothing which i am quite interested in. Adidas traditionally have really nice clothing and I believe that will be carry over to badminton.

3. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Im sure adidas Badminton Apparels, bag and shoes will be a huge success. Love the colour and the design. They even have the adizero series

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    I made this unboxing video after I received the package from Adidas. Just want to share the goods as well as excitement with you guys...

[video=youtube;o_O7PthPe3g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_O7PthPe3g&feature=youtu.be[/video]

5. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    Thats a lovely unboxing review.

Could you please mention the weight of each racquet? Adi Pro is around 85-87gm and the last one was around 80gm. What about the other 2?

Coming to switch - Though the concept is interesting, how much difference would it make while playing? Earlier we used to wind a tape on the rim of the racquet. How much is the weight of the racquet without the additional rim?

Eager to hear the individual racquet review from you.

6. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

[​IMG] I hope these are not the "other designs" you were talking about that were in the catalogue or plans. I was thinking more in terms of another range besides these blue/silver & black-white/red ones [​IMG]
    Nice vid, love a good unboxing video on youtube [​IMG], rackets look better than in the [official] pictures ...

#406 demolidor, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  7. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

• The Acadademy Awards has announced four new nominations in the Best Documentary category. I vote for kwun's submission! :)

1) Adidas Badminton Unboxing - a gentle genius discovers that amazing things sometimes arrive in plain packages.

2) Dust: The Untold Truth - a substance that is so easily ignored, yet surrounds us all. What is it really up to?

3) Justin Bieber: TMI - could there possibly be anything else about one 18 yo human that is worth knowing? A 3-part, 9-hour investigative report.

4)
    Sleep - should it be mandatory before posting to internet forums? most probably. :eek:

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    for rackets, there are 4 ranges. adipower / adizero / precision / switch. the tradeshow photo they had posted on their facebook page shows approximately how many rackets are in each range. each rack is one separate model (almost), which give an idea how extensive and comprehensive their initial launch would look like:

222598_568653169829762_1534680863_n.jpg

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    adipower pro is speced at 88 grams +/- 2g.
    precision 88 is also speced at 88 grams
    switch pro is 85 grams.
    adizero pro is 80 grams

in terms of weight, looking at the whole top of the line racket of each series, adipower average around 89 grams. adizero average around 80 grams, precision is all over the place, but mostly around 85 grams. switch is around 84grams.

i haven't weighed the switch pro on my scale. i will do that later tonight.

10. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    ^^ Thanks for the updates. Cant wait myself to try these.

11. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

I already knew about the rackets different series, you were commenting on the bags having more designs before ;) ...
    These here at the trade show I have already seen most of them, just wondering if there are more series besides these two? I guess the pro will have to grow on you, initially they looked like something was actually growing out of them :rolleyes: and the blue/silver looked decent enough initially but ultimately they are just plain average designs.

#411 demolidor, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    You know what this makes you, right?
    A certified Shopping Channel presenter! :D
    Nice video, though... the individual racquet cases look slick!

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Away from the forum for 24h and some great posts in this thread.

I don't see Adidas making great inroads into the Malaysian market on their top end racquets. I see Malaysian consumers as being very, very price sensitive. People are quite happy using a midrange Yonex racquet or Apacs etc.

14. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Im sure it will be success here in Brunei

15. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Ok, I should read a bit more and search. But let me make an excuse for being lazy... Anyone know when these rackets will be introduced to US market? :rolleyes:

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    April.

i will have more info early next week after i meet with the top guy in charge of US.

17. rawtiger

rawtiger Regular Member

Self Employed
    For some maybe.. Top ends rackets sell very well here as well!

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    oh. the bags. yeah. there is the black/red pro bag, and there is the blue tour bag. there is one more pro bag color, white/red. i believe that has the same design as the black/red one, just different color. i don't know if anyone has posted pics of that one yet.

oh wait. the white/red pro bag is in the picture also. at the top right corner.

that's all AFAIK, there are bunch of variations like backpack, racket backpack, shoe bags, etc.

19. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

@kwun

many thanks for your info. very helpful for us to get familiar with adidas new products

20. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i wonder if the plastic weight strip on the Switch racket will fly out when you play because of the momentum that it has when you play. i guess i will know tomorrow since i'm assuming you will be playing with them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.