teenager temper

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by kwun, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    Well, all you have to do is realise how crap you are compared to Lin Dan and then you won't care about the 5th smash you've hit into the net...

2. passiontea

passiontea Regular Member

Bro, i understand that you are good and stuff. However, it is irrvelant to the trend.
    So what if u are good and he is weak, u are playing in the NZ. It is a country which badminton is not a major sport. Try playing in china or something. Maybe it is the other way round...
    Cheers.

3. darkyboy

darkyboy Regular Member

a

#23 darkyboy, Sep 13, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  4. passiontea

hmmm, then if what you say is true, my apologies. Some players tends to do this is because they may have train really hard over over those few months/years and their expectation/confidence may be sky-high, thus when they make mistakes when they shouldn't be, they get frustrated and stuff. From darkyboy's opponet, if he is a noob, thn u should hammer him and not play with them already. Just hammer him 21-0 21-0 to show that you come to a competition and u meant business and not just play anyhow kind of badminton. I hate those kind. =x

5. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    OMG :eek:

Kwun ... are you talking about me???? :eek: :D:D:D

I was really off that time. I forgot to take my medicine. I lacked sleep. And it's mostly a case of raging hormones. You know how it is with us teenagers. :crying::crying::crying: I just wanted to win so badly. Waaaahhhhh :crying::crying::crying:

Kidding aside, there are just days that are not good for me. I've probably thrown (not whacked ... most likely let my racket fall on the floor intentionally) my racket only twice in my years of badminton experience. A friend commented that I usually play with a blank expression. But sometimes, frustration could really get into you and even the calmest of persons.

My point is, I think it's not the case of being a teenager, as I also play with a lot of teens (of my age :p). Most of them are calm, even more focused than I.

Like the rest said, frustration could happen to anyone. And there are a lot of factors why this occur. It could be the physical condition, emotional condition, time of the month (for women), stress, individual attitude, etc.

But if that kid gets too much abusive and is obviously a spoiled brat, I'll send Jo Frost to discipline him. :mad:

6. dorysan

dorysan Regular Member

i want to add my 2 cents:
    when i was at this age (12-13)
    i was playing really poorly because of mental stupidity, (i was thinking only about playing and not training)
    i whacked my racket every time i mistaken.
    after i broke the racket (it was Victor Explorer 502 i think) in the time of tournament
    my father told my one thing that i will always remember "I will buy you only 1 racket to brake, the next racket will be your next buy, you don't know how to appreciate stuff that comes out of non-your's money"
    from that day i buy racket to myself, and NEVER throw it or hit something with it.

7. passiontea

hahahaha, nice one dorysan. The truth is that whenever i see a racket get broken on purpose, i will ask myself if the player himself treat the game seriously. A racket is like to me, a precious thing that if the racket or any racket that is broken, i will feel sad. =)

8. dorysan

dorysan Regular Member

just got new rackets (apacs edgesaber10)
    i should go to put some polish on them for long life... (just kidding)
    only the look of an bracken racket trembles me...

9. passiontea

OUCH! what kind of idiotic players are those.
    =x

10. dorysan

dorysan Regular Member

the most idiotic players are the rich boys
    i got 1 in the club
    always buying like 5 AT900T
    he treats them like crap
    (all my rackets cost=3/4 AT900T)
    he can brake 2 in week just from the whacks at the floor

11. passiontea

HAHAHa, what kind of retard. ask him to go and die la.
    I got a friend, he got like 5-6 racket. i dont know what for sia... hahaha

12. dorysan

dorysan Regular Member

lol i got 2 fake yonex's so with them i got 5 racket too :D

13. chrisnchips

chrisnchips Regular Member

Student
    LOL.. he cracked his racket???? XD

i get upset but my broken rackets come from mishaps and real baaaad luck... (ie. i broke an AT900tech just rimming the shuttle on a smash) :confused:

usually if im showing that im mad or ne thing it's minute and it's just that i'm trying to get myself more focused/etc.

14. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

i know a teenage girl who is an absolute *****. she thinks she's really good just because she is in the state team. in fact, she would get trashed if she were anywhere in Asia.

and gosh, not to mention her temper. she won't talk to you on court at all, she acts like she knows it all, she won't look at you or even thank you and the opponents after a game (and especially not when she loses the game). she'll mumble words if you make mistakes.

must be the raging hormones.

15. passiontea

Oh, which country she is from? She must be really those haughty person. Egotic person suppose?

16. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

ethnic Chinese born in Australia

17. passiontea

but is she really that good?

18. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

no, of course not. we all agree, in our group, that she is not as good as she thinks she is. we've all seen much better players (who are also much nicer). just because she's in the state team doesn't mean she has bragging rights, does it?

19. SaberTooth

SaberTooth Regular Member

Jobless
    lol, I have to agree with Kwun. Although I havent really played at alot of competitive gyms that alot of aduts use for badminton, usually the teenagers are worse..
    (Me being one myself. :O ) Usually I dont get too mad about loosing, before I use to get mad if I was playing doubles and my partner was really sucking, and missing simple shots so I moved to singles although I enjoy playing doubles more. If I play against a opponet I feel I should beat and make ALot of simple mistakes then I can get fairly angry, but the worst I've done is hit my racquet against the ground and curse once or twice. (ya i know not evne bad right.. lol :) ) Although, when my two friends played for a spot on our Badminton team score was 15-14 and my one friend(like 6'2 big tall guy) thought it was only 14-14 and when he lost the next point and my other friend said good game 16-14 he raged saying that it was only 15-14, while like 5-6 of us were watching and all agreed that it was 16-14. Took his racquet(a school racquet lol.) and smashed it against the net pole, then decided to throw the racquet at the wall a few times swear and mumble to himself and walk out of the gym.

But it was funny..

20. jchan04

jchan04 Regular Member

I don't think it's only teens that anger issues;

I've seen a middle aged man about in his 40s get pissed off over a short serve return that was really deceptive. And he got pissed because he couldn't cover the shot. He threw his racket in the middle of the game, broke it in half and started cursing to himself. It wasn't the only shot that got him angry, he was losing the game as well, so it got him over the edge.

There are just people are there that do not know how to deal with losing or deal with themselves. It's very immature and I usually try to ignore playing with those kinds of people because there is no fun if someone has to take the badminton game into a personal issue.

I expect teens to learn from every mistake they make and try to improve their game instead of throwing a tantrum.