Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

On the fans & supporters, I can guarantee from experience it is not so, any small little thing they will jump,lol. Just go see past years threads, that doesnt include the deleted posts. Even here, LCW's thread, the fans cannot even say little bit without China or LD fans come & shoot, happens all the time. (remember I said I hardly go over LD's thread, I dont disturb the fans over there)

Please dont give excuse on being misunderstood & all that, if we had done the same thing, we will get and have gotten jumped all over. No excuse for all, this is not 1st time using this as escape route. Look at previous years posts in this thread & see what type of characters we had to deal with & you will know why

#9161 eaglehelang, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i not sure
    but i saw some video about this.

3. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Eagle, dont take the bait. The Chinese fans have been very lonely these days due to some of their idols going into semi-retirement or too busy "nursing their injuries" to the extent that they can't be bothered to entertain their fans. Pity them la, dont need to get so worked out againbst fans who can't see their idols for so long.

So in trying to battle their boredom, they always try to start an argument in other player's thread. Just look at what they did to Saina's thread. Is better just to ignore them or put them in the ignore list. To be honest, they are a few members' posts which I do not even bother read.

4. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

my post before was just a reaction for skchen's post which said LD and CL win more titles from the contribution of the more WO's they received. in my opinion, chinese team can arrange LD's teammates to give him WOs started from Round 1 till SF if they could and will, and LD will still go home empty handed if he didn't won those final matches, whoever his opponents were. that's what my point with my posts before, to make clear that LD must give his best to won those finals to grab the tites, and that he not won just because more WOs.

I myself admit that LD is definitely not Mr. Nice Guy of badminton, and he deserve his critics for that. but as much as he deserves the critics, he also deserve his credits. but people tend to just critics him and take away all those credits.

also, i don't think i said anything bad towards LCW with my that post before? if so, i apologize. but i gave my respond just to defend LD. i won't bother try to defend him if LCW's fans didn't make bad of him first, see? :D
    afterall, this is an open forum. if the other member can freely talk about LD here, why can't i? :D

yeah, either it's me who get some clouded vision, or just you that have an extremely over hatred towards the chinese to assumed that everything they do is cheat, bad things, etc.

SS Finals 2012, korean team also did massive WDNs from the tournament. what's about that? if you said they're really injured, how did you make sure that the chinese's one are fake? were you there to examine them? i myself can't decide on that, thus i won't comment further. what i did towards those retirements in KO SSP is just take it mildly, just like how people take what happened in SSF 2012. fair enough? :D

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm,people who made their name bad ask why people wont trust them
    interesting

6. eaglehelang

Because this is LCW's thread. At least let us say our piece in peace for once, get it?
    LD & China fans can shoot/talk bad about LCW all you like in LD's thread(which do happen), I dont bother & dont care. I dont go LD thread & disturb you all there, I dont go there & defend LCW, that's why I dare to say something if you all come & comment2, disturb2.
    I know I know, there are those who do, but lesser than you all coming here. Mostly we leave you all in peace;);):D

Already China & LD fans come over this thread ever so often & shoot2 on LCW, been happening for many years. Shooting in tournaments threads & other threads not enough, here also fans cannot have some peace. How would you like it if we go over LD's thread & shoot2 at LD there, LD fans will immediately tell us to get lost, some with @#$%^&(seriously).

#9166 eaglehelang, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  7. eaglehelang

Haiseh lcleing, I'm not upset leh. Eagle havent even take out claws, hahahaha. Just peck little bit only. Those we had to deal with few years back, those yes, need sharpen claws:p:p

8. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

wow, nice post. may i ask? if what underlined above is your opinion on chinese fans, what's your opinion about malaysian fans who discredit another players in LCW's thread?

9. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    If they are out of control, they will be reported and they get banned :D Kindly stick to the title of the thread and its for Lee Chong Wei only. :)

10. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Thanks for the compliment. I only can do my part of not commending on other players. If you do dug out any of my post in the past that badmouth or personal attack a player in their thread, kindly let me know and I will personally write an apology letter (signed) and post in here to whichever party I offended. I will not post anything (maybe in the past but not now) in China players' thread as I am not interested in their whereabouts and nor do i care whether they are still active in the circuit. Like pBM said, if you find anyone who you think has violated the forum rules, kindly make use of the report feature and let the moderator decide what to do with it. I do not care about what the Chinese fans think nor am i have the time to reply to their nonsense. That's all. =P

11. kenjai7373

kenjai7373 Regular Member

chinese fans take baits too easily. theres always gonna be the anti fans but just keep it to urselfs and not try to derail someone else's thread by replying in anyway cuz that will only create more bs from the anti fans. they will always be anti-china no matter what.

anyway lee chong wei is a great player. no doubt about that. peace out.

12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    If you keep and don't use those claws, it may become brittle. We will let you tackle the anti LCW's fans and at the same time keep those claws in good and ready conditions.

13. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    Why Must There Be War Between LD and LCW fans???

firstly, I would like to congratulate Datuk Lee for this 9th Malaysia Open title and
    also the pregnancy of Datin Wong....double happiness for him.....and some haters might
    not like what I say, getting a baby is the greatest gift one will have even bigger than Olympic Gold :D:D (haters dont hate me, Ok)....for any parents here will certainly agree with me.....

secondly, i would like to share one story I learnt from watching live in Putra Stadium during MO QF, LCW against Hu Yun....i rarely buy premium ticket but during QF, i bought and was seated at L6.....the match started from 4 pm....and LCW game are the 5 match at court 1.

behind me, seated 2-3 Chinese from CHN....i thought they are here to support CHN team... as the first few matches involved CHN players... at court 1, first game were WD, BYX/TQ vs Christina Pedersen/ Kamilia....court 2 Yao Xue vs Deng Xuan and later XD, Jordan/Vita Vs ZN/TJH....the CHN fans did cheer for them but with little interest...
    when BYX/TQ won over the Danes...one of the fan started asking....when LCW play? he keep asking his friends...but they are not sure...he grew impatient and asked one Malaysian lady seated next to him, when LCW play?? then Liew Daren vs JOJ starting atcourt 1....the CHN fans grew excited and praised Liew Daren as a good player...and they cheered for him ;);)

after Liew Daren match, which he lost, most of us left our seat for dinner as LCW match will be 2 matches later, i think the CHN fans left as well...we came back just in time for LCW match and I didnt see the CHN fans....after set 1, they are back at their seat, someone seated next to them, told them LCW already won 1st set, the earlier CHN guy told him, "I knew, we don't have enough time to come back to our seat, we just stand at the back watching the whole set 1...and FYI, the guy is recording the LCW match....and when set 2 started, they are so excited and cheered when LCW executed brilliant shots....and when he won, the CB/LXL against the RUS pair, still playing at court 3 but they left :confused::confused:

so from here, we can see, there is not necessary to have super LD fans or die-hard LCW fans...the CHN fans admires good players and good badminton....even they have high respect on LCW....so I think we should have peace with each other...
    enjoy the game while LCW and LD are still around..... :cool:

14. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Well said.. LCW is very very famous in CHN he was flocked by fans when he was there for tournaments..

15. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Congrats to LCW for winning his 9th malaysia open title!;)
    And he's looking forward for his 10th title already for next year.. Next year will be more challenging for him though :)
    View attachment 136358

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Melbourne Commonwealth Games 2006

It was 6 years ago but LCW and WMC were already fighting for honours for MAS in Melbourne.

The MAS men's team was formidable and got the gold medal as expected. In the individual events, LCW and 'uncle' WCH gained both gold and silver respectively for MAS.

WMC managed a silver medal in the individual events.

Uncle Wong is married and has a son, I believe.

Now is the turn for LCW and WMC to be blessed with a child. :)

17. eaglehelang

[​IMG]Record breaker: Malaysia’s Lee Chong Wei (right) celebrates after beating Sony Dwi Kuncoro of Indonesia in the men’s singles final of the Malaysian Open at the Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil yesterday. He won 21-7 21-8.
    FATHER-TO-BE Lee Chong Wei nailed a historic ninth Malaysian Open title in ruthless fashion at the Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil yesterday.And after blowing away Sony Dwi Kuncoro of Indonesia with a 21-7, 21-8 win in just 32 minutes in the men’s singles final, the 30-year-old Chong Wei said he would not slow down in his chase for more honours.

“I will strike a balance. I will be a father this year and both my family and badminton are important to me,” said Chong Wei, who confirmed that his wife Wong Mew Choo is expecting a child.“Having been an athlete before, Mew Choo is really understanding. I will have to juggle my time to stay focused on my game and also be a responsible family man. Family is important to me,” he added.On going one title better than the late Wong Peng Soon, Chong Wei said he was thrilled to bits.“It is not easy for a player to win nine home titles. I must thank all my fans for their support. The crowd at the Putra Stadium today was the biggest so far. I appreciate that,” said Chong Wei.Yesterday, he entertained his fans by going for a ferocious attack against Sony. He hardly gave the Indonesian the time and space to counter his
    moves and constantly slammed down smashes at every opportunity to further frustrate the former World Championships runner-up.“I went on an attack mode against Sony today and it paid off. I analysed his game against Kenichi Tago (on Saturday) and read his game well. It is a good win,” said Chong Wei.The 28-year-old Sony was philosophical in defeat.“This match against Chong Wei showed where I stand. I am still two to three steps behind him. He is certainly one class above me,” said the Indonesian.After winning the back-to-back Korean Open and Malaysian Open, Chong Wei said he was still hungry for more success.In fact, the 10-time national champion is game to go for the 10th Malaysian Open title.“I know that age is catching up. I will be 31 (in October). But I am still motivated to do well in international tournaments. Next Malaysian Open? Yes, why not,” he said, flashing a wide grin.
    “I am also considering playing in the local tournaments this year again. Local tournaments are also important.”Chong Wei’s immediate target, however, is the All-England in Birmingham from March 5-10. The other major outings are the Sudirman Cup in May and the World Championships in Guangzhou in August.“China’s Lin Dan will probably make a return at the All-England. It will be more challenging, but I will be ready for it,” said Chong Wei, who picked up US$30,000 to add to the US$75,000 he won in Seoul.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2013/1/21/sports/12605093&sec=sports#

18. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Chong Wei eyes capturing All-England from Lin Dan

http://www.badmintonplanet.com/badm...s-capturing-all-england-from-lin-dan-pic.html

EXCERPTS:

"There were no top players in this competition and hopefully, if Lin Dan plays in the All-England in March, that will be a real challenge for me.

"I hope to wrest the All-England title back," he said when met by reporters after the match in Stadium Putra, Bukit Jalil here yesterday.

"I hope to continue the momentum in other championships, including the All-England," he told reporters.

Meanwhile, national singles coach Tey Seu Bock said he would focus on Chong Wei for the All-England preparation.

"I will be selective of tournaments for Chong Wei as what he needs is quality exposure," he said.

19. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    LCW is very much a king. A king without a crown. But you see, there is a crown that is not materialistic, it's the adoration from malaysian fans. Look at the spores of malaysian fans every time he shows up. Look at the unity he sows. ANd that itself, is the greatest crown a country can have. Not a title or a cheque of $$$.

20. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student

Yes, LCW will be taking it from LD :)