LCW new racket 2012 anyone knows ( Yonex Voltric Z-Force ) ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kaifah, Jan 4, 2012.

1. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Ants, do you know when the launch is scheduled for?

2. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

It seems odd to call it a prototype. It looks like a finished product. I remember the Arc 10 was a black prototype. Also, it's been used in two highly visible events so it would seem a pure idiocy on the part of Yonex Marketing not to make some kind of announcement regarding this product to capatalize on the buzz that's been generated. There's going to a lull in big events until the AE and it would be silly not do anything while they've got this momentum. Of course maybe there waiting for the results from some lame-ass fastest smash lab test before releasing it.

3. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Haha! Nice one.

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Well, there are certain thing you don't know about the development of the racket. They have prototypes
    with full on paint job. If you are in KL, i can show you some Protos that i have with full on paint jobs. ARCZSlash also have an all White version. But you don't see the players use them. Anyway this is all i can say. :)

5. ants

ants Regular Member

Well, there are certain thing you don't know about the development of the racket. They have prototypes
    with full on paint job. If you are in KL, i can show you some Protos that i have with full on paint jobs. ARCZSlash also have an all White version. But you don't see the players use them. Anyway this is all i can say. :)

6. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    As a product designer, there are various levels of prototyping. As badminton rackets are pretty simple things, once you have a mould made, there are infinite ways you can change the matrix/schedule/layup and still retain the basic form. If the mould is set in stone, the naming/branding decided upon, then I see no reason not to refine the specifications in full regalia.

7. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Nah, their marketing dept. is just going for hype.. if results are poor (like for TBH/KKK) they can just say it was "other" specs of that proto and still tweaking, and if results are good, they can state this is the specs going to be introduced in AE 2012...

If they where NOT interested in the marketing buzz they would have just painted the prototypes like older models to test in silence without buzz/fuzz..

/T

8. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Also, they could have finally realised that it's not a bad idea seeing that you've payed this guy bazillions of ducats that he could actually be used as a direct promotional tool for rackets.

In the past Yonex have just made token 'signature' rackets, but this seems to me the first time that they have so closely aligned a player with a racket from the get-go. (discounting the TBH/KKK debarcle).

9. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Probably a good thing to do.. The earlier they test, design around LCWs needs, the better I think. But it seems like they still kind of has the design more or less done and then just tweak some parts based on LCWs preferences instead of designing for him from the ground up to optimize his Olympic "weapon"...

10. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Very true. Nothing to say that there is anything 'off the shelf' about LCW's rackets anyway. People just presume they are, but if you look at say the LYD Bravesword, the specification is nothing like the Bravesword 09 that he's been using for years.....there was also some KRP coded Braveswords for sale recently which weren't the specifications you and me can buy.....

11. thunder.tw

There are a lot of things I don't don't know about the development of the raquet. However it beggers the imagination the LCW would compete in two high profile tournaments with an incomplete racquet in need of tweaking. From a marketing perspective it's sheer folly not to make some kind of comment about the racquet even if it is just a fluff release indicating something new is coming (they've done this before). I can't see how squandering the momentum that's been created is a good idea. What's the point of sponsoring the #1 player in the world, introducing a new racquet that he then uses to come roaring back in the new season especially after ending the last season weakly. This is a dream scenario for any equipment supplier. But I'm not in marketing so perhaps a better strategy is to wait for the AE and risk another one of LCWs mental collapses. I suppose if that happens you can always just release a marketing video showing a couple of lab technicians dropping the thing from the roof of a 30 ft building.

Even if Yonex doesn't have a new racquet ready they should just put that paint job on a bunch of Arcsaber 7s. People will still snap them up and most of them will be convinced its a new racquet.

12. AzrinRain

AzrinRain Regular Member

Hm, if the rumoured launch date in March(or late Feb) is true, then what we saw might not be a prototype. Yonex should have at least enough made for a worldwide distribution already.
    If that is not the case, then i'd say that this is a GM seed(technical term for one release before the final product outcome). All Yonex needs is feedback from the testers, and to see if the color/design is all right, based on the hype generated.

But the question that begs answering is why only three get to test it? And all three are Malaysian shuttlers. Should've at least given some to TH and some to the Danes as well.

13. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Wow, much have been discussed about this racket.. My wild guess for the lauching of this racket..: during or before the all england 2012 ;)

14. AzrinRain

AzrinRain Regular Member

Would you go all the way to England to get it? If your guess is right? :)

15. halucf

halucf Regular Member

So much hype for this weapon. Did manage to see it up close when LCW string snap during his match with CL in MO semifinal. But unlucky couldn't take a photo of it. Saw the stringer quickly unstrung his racket and hid it :)

16. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

No plan for that...:D

17. AzrinRain

AzrinRain Regular Member

Any Malaysians going to England to watch the AE? Ehehe..

18. ants

ants Regular Member

Well, there are protos that is specially made for the players only. As in totally out of the normal specs
    when the racket is launch. Generally prototypes that is used has already almost complete specs and 100% materials and technology that the claimed. However the difference is usually on the racket frame and not
    the shaft.

19. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

... and, at least once, the paint job. I'm still vexed by the change from Gade's black Arc 10 to the red one we all ended up with:mad:.

20. thunder.tw

Sure, all perfectly valid. But if they are merely testing a development stage prototype why not paint it up like a regular Voltric 80? Surely, you're not telling me that the paint job indicates they are still testing this racquet and want to keep it under wraps????

I don't really care if they release the racquet ever. I'm merely puzzled by what their thinking is. If they are in the development stage of a new racquet which they don't intend to release soon, then giving it a distinct and very noticeable paint job is stupid as it will harm sales of the VT-80 as people defer purchase in anticipation of a near release of an updated product that in reality ins't slated for release. If this racquet is indeed a product that is pretty much at pre-launch. Then remaining silent about it at the peak of all the buzz that has been generated is equally stupid. It is surprising to me that a company's who's marketing efforts have ranged from the sublime to the absurd is remaining silent on this.