It's time for Misbun Sidek to work for Malaysian Badminton without BAM

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Jan 7, 2011.

1. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    he himself admitted managerial role is not for him accept on the court with the players,

that what he wants in his life :)

he likes to help people, players and even coaches because he loves badminton.

he will share and he is not selfish :)

#141 pBmMalaysia, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  2. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    I prefer him to do both supervising and consulting. He loves action. When he supervise, he will whip up those guys. This will help to enhance the standard. No pain go gain. No easy meat for big bucks. ;)

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Chris@ccc will like this article

I am happy that the reporter has an open mind.

To me BAM is to promote Badminton in Malaysia. In other words, BAM is to do whatever they can to make Badminton popular in Malaysia.

To allow patriotic LCW to go independent is a good thing. He can earn much more money on his own now (now that he is world famous). Patriotic? Yes, LCW said he will represent Malaysia even after he leaves BAM (Very similar to what Taufik Hidayat is doing in Indonesia)

But as I have said in my previous posts, LCW has to be thankful to BAM for getting him arriving at his current situation.

BAM shouldn't tie him down; LCW should be set free as a player who can now look after himself (as compared to my post about good university students not to be tied down by university after graduation). :):):)

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

LCW has complained about BAM before

LCW is a not a demanding person. I don't think that he is trying to "influence" BAM to meet Misbun's demands.

In fact, LCW has complained about BAM before. He said something like this - BAM is only happy when I win; But when I failed to win, they do not appreciate how much effort I have put in to try to win for Malaysia.

5. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    yes, if he is at the back supervising ... whoever in the court die die ... :D

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Let BAM concentrate more on newer recruits

I agree with what the reporter has said. :):):)

If coaches and players have arrived at such a high level, BAM will not be required to manage them anymore.

Let BAM concentrate more on newer recruits; those needing more support/program for them to improve their skills.

7. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

I am sorry, tan. I think I did not word my previous post properly as I was not my usual self. Thank you for not over-reacting over my seeming rude post.

My point is, those people from the management do not have the leadership to lead the organization and they said things at the wrong time. It has been mentioned a few times before that Ramdan's case wasn't the issue that caused Misbun to walk out. If this was the case, Ramdan would not have return and train under Hendrawan.

It sounds like a lot of committee members do not want Misbun to stay. Looks like LCW and Misbun departure from BAM is inevitable. Unless the sport minister can prove me wrong.

8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

It's the same article in malay, the BAM exco or Treasurer, already posted either in this thread or Misbun quit thread.. Then, another one also said Let Misbun go, blah blah. At least 3 committee members in total, including the Vice President.

Well, the Utusan reporter did take a shot at 'these people',lol.

#148 eaglehelang, Jan 11, 2011
  9. extremenanopowe

as usual, some media just play suck up to boss, boss and higher bosses... ;) Can't trust what you read on local papers. ;)

so the question is who's work or effort is tougher? Waking up early everyday, training and getting the players to win or just manage an organisation? ;)

10. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Do they even manage the organization properly? I guess that answer is the key to Misbun's resignation.

11. extremenanopowe

agreed. A good leader leads. Not manage. ;) Walk the talk. ;)

12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Those people from the management do not have the leadership to lead the organization

It has been mentioned many times before that what Misbun Sidek and Lee Chong Wei have done for Malaysia wasn't fully appreciated by BAM. Appreciation was only given when LCW won a title/medal.

When this resignation of Misbun and the win of Lee Chong Wei at the 2010 SSMF happened at the same time, I wonder if Misbun received any credit from BAM for LCW's good performance.

LCW has given appreciation to Misbun (as reported earlier when he mentioned that Misbun was in touch with him via phone throughout the whole tournament).

13. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    "By right , BAM should treat Misbun, LCW, Rexy , KK / TBH as different from other coaches & players because they have brought success to BAM & country. In this situation it ' s evident that BAM or certain officials cannot differentiate between managing successful players & non /not yet successful players ."

Agreed with this also...

14. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I think outstanding players and coaches should each be awarded with a company car with chaffeur to show

how they are appreciated.Maybe have their own dining area,special meals and VIP toilets and air-conditioned courts to separate them from the ordinary players.

After all the money is only from the government and ASN funds like Maybank and Proton.

This special VIP and preferential treatment will inspire lower rung players to emulate them,

what's the point of holding datukships in our feudal society when they are expected to be treated like ordinary people.

This is also the practice in our business world.

#154 Bbn, Jan 11, 2011
  15. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

True, true after every achievement they should be treated to a sumptious dinner at public expense and given a certificate of appreciation. After all they are not paid or financially rewarded for playing and are using their own pocket money to finance their ventures or are only paid peanuts .
    They should each be given Millions as reward and also land as their achievements exceed those who won the Thomas Cup in 1992, its only fair.Boleh?

#155 Bbn, Jan 11, 2011
  16. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Of course, no 2 incidents are the same, but the intent to go independent exists in the TCS case, right or am I wrong?

17. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Epak, well said.

18. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    What he says makes sense www.thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/1/12/sports/7777417&sec=sports.
    I am beginning to have doubts about the viability of MS/LCW going their own way although it is ideal in principle. This is because both MS/LCW have been used to all backup and support services provided to them without the distraction of negotiating and meeting with sponsors, administrative duties, 'head-shrinker' and massage services, etc., etc. Being on your own requires some management and administrative experience and skills besides some expertise for the bottom line. Of course they can engage a professional manager and their own staff.
    The most difficult time will be the transition and this will certainly affect LCW's preparation for the 2012 London Olympics.

19. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Don't be silly.
    What MS wants is the freedom to decide how he wants to nurture his players to world class success.
    You can keep the useless material, status showing perks.