Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Now I know why the announcer sound familiar, the way he drag & shout the names like WWF wrestling, LOL

2. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

If OG Champion.....he will get a Dato' Seri title and we will get a public Holiday for sure ! LOL

3. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Silver medal already worth RM300K + Dato.

If Gold medal, must be more than RM300K + Tan Sri title. And Rosmah 'surprise gift'.

And maybe a Dato title for TSB if he is still DLCW's coach.

If

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i am not too familiar with the customs and culture over there. but isn't he a little bit under-dressed for the occasion? i'm sure they are already good buddies and all, but going to meet and dine with the PM in t-shirt? ;)

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Yeah, i wonder about that too. So casual when meeting PM..:D

6. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    acceptable la guys (just PM, not Agong :D:D), and also judging by where he was just before that... a suit in his way back to M'sia just for breakfast after that? *aduh!*:D:D

7. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Well... the flight was appx 12hrs+ from London to KL, and he arrived at 630am... May be he wasn't informed that PM Najib was waiting for him at the KLIA for breakfast...

8. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Nicol Davids 5 times world champion. Did Najib ask her for breakfast?

9. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

LOL Squash is NOT included in Olympics Games... so, sorry no breakfast with PM... LOL

10. flite

flite Regular Member

Who knows they might went supper already.:D

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    ah. that makes sense. all understood.

12. eaglehelang

The TV news stated that LCW & entourage were taken straight from airport to Prime Minister's residence for breakfast. None were 'dressed' for the occasion. LCW didnt even suit up the official Malaysia yellow blazer & track suit at the airport, which is the team will do for multi event sports like AG,SEA Games.

13. eaglehelang

1) Squash dont have the Prime Minister's wife as patron
    2) Datuk Nicol sometimes fly back to her base in Amsterdam or another tournament, not in Msia
    3) As another member said, squash not OG sport, badminton is in Road to London prog, and main hope for gold in 2012

14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Prime Minister's wife as patron of Badminton in Malaysia

This is the main point;

It's so lucky to have the PM's wife, Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor, to be the patron of Badminton in Malaysia. :):):)

15. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    datuklee must be very tired, after battling in England straight away need to service rosmah...

16. rossifumi6399

rossifumi6399 Regular Member

But Dato' LCW not announced as Malaysian sportsmen last nite..it goes to our cyclist Azizulhasni Awang...

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    I wonder who is the patron of Cycling in Malaysia? :p:p:p

18. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

http://www.thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/3/16/sports/8273124&sec=sports

All-England champ Chong Wei happy with current situation in training programme

SEPANG: Lee Chong Wei wants to hold on to his status as the world No. 1 ranked singles player heading into the London Olympics next year. And he is ready to do it with or without coach Misbun Sidek.

Chong Wei, who returned home early yesterday morning after a successful defence of the All-England title in Birmingham, is coming to terms with the possibility that his long-time coach may not return to take charge of him.

Misbun handed in his resignation letter to the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) at the end of last year and Chong Wei immediately expressed a desire to leave the national team too if his coach was not persuaded to return to the fold.

Despite efforts made by the BAM, including their president, Datuk Mohd Nadzmi Salleh, to coax him to change his mind, Misbun has kept mum on his future undertakings.

But Chong Wei has softened his stance and is now comfortable with training under Tey Seu Bock, who was previously assisting Misbun.

If Misbun comes back, it is certainly good news for me. But if he doesn’t, I’m okay with it,” said Chong Wei, who has held the world No. 1 ranking since the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

“I have no problem. My only concern now is how I manage myself and stay in focus.

I have bigger tournaments like the world championships in August and the Olympics next year to look forward to. I’m fine with the current arrangements. I will continue to give my best shots to bring back good results.”

After receiving a warm welcome home by Nadzmi upon arrival at the KLIA, Chong Wei and the shuttlers later paid a visit to Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak’s offical residence at Seri Perdana in Putrajaya.

The visit over a breakfast of nasi lemak and teh tarik saw Chong Wei being presented with a gift of RM100,000 in share bonds by Najib for his triumph at the All-England.

The BAM patron, Datin Paduka Seri Rosmah Mansor, who is Najib’s wife, also handed him a watch. She also expressed the hope that Chong Wei will be successful in his mission to bring back an Olympic gold medal for Malaysia.

Chong Wei chalked up a convincing 21-17, 21-17 win over Olympic champion Lin Dan of China in the final last Sunday to retain the All-England title and he said that it was a psychological boost for him.

I lost to him in the South Korea Open final in January but felt that I had narrowed the gap then,” he said.

But after this win, I believe that little separates us. It is our performance on the day that matters now.”

Chong Wei will take a break from competition before going for the India Open Super Series tournament next month.

19. rossifumi6399

rossifumi6399 Regular Member

somebody said that he was in china rite now..maybe he got training there..

20. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/42nosidek/Article

Badminton: No Misbun, no problem

LEE Chong Wei's victory in Sunday's All England men's singles final proves that the World No 1 can win major tournaments without the presence of coach Misbun Sidek.

Chong Wei, upon arrival at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) yesterday, declared his readiness to continue training under current coach Tey Seu Bock.

"I don't want to think about matters that could affect my performance. I want to concentrate on my training and also on attaining good results in priority tournaments," said Chong Wei.

"The matter concerning my coach is not my biggest worry right now. It would be good if Misbun returns but I can also train under Seu Bock.

"It boils down to your beliefs. Goals are useless if you write them down without a strong belief that you can achieve them. It is all about determination and personal targets."

On whether Misbun will coach him again, he said the matter is in the hands of the BA of Malaysia (BAM) and the coach.

But Chong Wei admitted that Misbun had contacted him via SMS during the All England.

"We exchanged text messages in Birmingham. Misbun also spoke to Seu Bock on the phone," said Chong Wei, who declined to elaborate. Chong Wei, who has been World No 1 since Sept 2008, has managed to maintain his form, if not improve on it, since Misbun resigned as national coach on Dec 31, last year.

The Penang-born player started the year by winning back-to-back titles at the BWF Super Series Finals and Malaysian Open before a hiccup in the Korea Open where he lost to China's Lin Dan in the final.

However, Chong Wei redeemed himself by notching a convincing win over Lin Dan to retain his All England crown in Birmingham on Sunday.

He is now determined to become the first Malaysian world champion in what could probably be his last appearance in the World Championships in London on Aug 8-14. He stated recently that he would likely quit the sport after next year's London Olympics.

"There is not much time left for me to prepare for the World Championships. I need to keep training hard to achieve my goal in London. My victory over Lin Dan has boosted my confidence, which in turn, I hope will help me achieve my goal in London," he said.

"I think there is not much difference between us in terms of skills. I had narrowed the gap with Lin Dan in the Korea Open but after learning from that defeat, I managed to beat him in Birmingham.

"We are now of about the same standard. I think matches between us will be closer whenever we meet in tournaments. It also means my chances of winning major titles are now brighter."

Chong Wei will either take a break from badminton or compete in the China League for a week before resuming his international campaign starting with the Kuala Lumpur Open on April 7-10 and then the India Open on April 26.