Wrenched.........

Discussion in 'World Championships 2011' started by Wilson Chew, Aug 14, 2011.

1. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    hehehe... Uncle OTB, thank you ;)...

It's true, can't drink that stuff... but still I wanna cry... I even dreamed of seeing him crying last night, darn! Nightmare, nightmare...:crying:Kak eagle, aduh, my heart bleeding so much la, how? Even now... aduh! Don't dare check my blood pressure... *faint* I think I'm gonna cry tonight, not now cos I can't go into meeting this afternoon with red eyes... :eek:

2. julianng

julianng Regular Member

----------------------------

LCW is a great player...

But the Malaysian country and government are the culprits for putting too much pressure on him.
    Even MAS Prime Minister has to give him a call before LD match to tell him how important it is to win WC,LOL.:p
    LD has no pressure at all because he's won everything and CHN has like a zillion players with potential to
    replace him in future. Malaysia's badminton system problem is not quality but QUANTITY and DIFFERENCE IN CULTURE to other badminton nations.

Instead of asking LCW to beat LD all the time, we should be hoping for other capable players to hit top form
    and trouble LD, like Park Sung Hwan, Sho Sasaki and Taufik who we know are the ones more capable of
    dethroning the MASTER instead of LCW. or better still, persuade LYB to force LD to concede walkover in semis or quarters more often.:D:D

What would be nice is if LCW beats LD in Super Series tournaments more often.
    LCW may be the King of Super series but he stumbles against LD from time to time in SS(like in Korea Open).

p.s. I think LCW was a little tired in yesterday's WC final but he showed great mental strength to hide it from his opponent. LCW's usual game is full of speed and running like in AE. This shows LCW has matured mentally and knows how to get the best out of his games even when he's not playing well.:cool::cool:

------------------------------

#42 julianng, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  3. julianng

julianng Regular Member

Great post mate. It's like you read my mind.

4. block306

block306 Regular Member

There is an aspect of M'sia badminton establishment that has never been analysed closely.
    If you look at the status of M'sia singles badminton now, there are no one in the 2nd echelon to take over from LCW or even close. The 2nd echelon players were and are still coached by Rashid all the way, since during the days when Tan Kim Hock was the National Coach. When Kim Hock moved out to look after the juniors (as now), Rashid moved up as the national Coach together with the squad that were elevated to become the so-called "back-up" players, in effect, the 2nd echelon. None of them shine.
    Now Rashid is also LCW's coach,. Did any of you guys saw him muttered a single word in any of the matches that he sat as a court-side coach?
    I felt very strongly that M'sia's somewhat sorry state of MS players is a direct result of having people with no experience whatsoever in coaching but has "other qualities" doing the "coaching".

5. miss.boon

miss.boon Regular Member

disagree with this statement as you are more of a watcher rather than a player.
    an average player (plays 3 times a week) can appear god-like when playing against a novice. won't break a sweat.

but if the same player is up against an advanced player (trains daily, plays abt 5 times a week) then he/she will suffer hell.

so in all likelihood, LD didn't allow LCW time and space to move like he normally does yesterday.
    it was pressure from the word go where even the slightest mistake wld be punished.

anyway, let's thanks that only LCW can draw the best of of LD. nobody else can.

6. visor

visor Regular Member

^^ No way that LCW was tired yesterday. If so, LD would've been more tired as he had less time to rest after the SF with PG that stretched the full 3 games and over 1 hour.

7. julianng

julianng Regular Member

Maybe, but there's no real way to tell because every player can use different tactics in different games.

LCW and LD do change their tactics quite often against different players.

Maybe LD/LCW tactic yesterday was cancel and block each other's movements.

8. miss.boon

miss.boon Regular Member

what was indeed impressive that LD still appeared very fresh after the titanic battle while LCW was totally gutted and even suffered cramps with nausea.
    i am wondering to what extent the psychological damage LD had inflicted.
    Even with blistering pre-final form and peak physical fitness, some more with the luxury of a faster semi-final against chen jin, LD still pawned him.

9. victory

victory Regular Member

LCW suffered cramps and nausea?? if the is any hurt, it is LCW's regret on a few mistake in the 3rd game.

The way I look at it. LCW is thinking I will not LD to have another lucky escape in future. LCW actually leading most of the time in 3rd game and the 1st game.

If you see carefully, it was LD facing up hill battle and do all the catch up all the time.

10. miss.boon

miss.boon Regular Member

To a couch badminton fan, it may look that LD was chasing but in fact, it was he who was controlling the pace of the game.Except for the two game points in the 1st game.

11. dlp

dlp Regular Member

Accountant / Coach
    It's no good saying Chinese size of population makes them unbeatable, by that logic denmark would never beat England let alone malaysia. It's culture, history, mindset, coaching, opportunity and many other things beyond size

12. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

It s not about Lin s mental strength. It s about closing strategy probably discussed with his coaches in match preparations.LD has to take the risk because he knows he s more likely to lose in a rally.You saw how LCW closed out the match in AE11?

13. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Yes, that s part of the problem. Having a PM talk to him like a kid. Does LCW need to be reminded of how important the WC is? Does the PM think LCW is in total control of the outcome? The wife is a major in psychology. She should tell him to shut up before a match. Call after the match, whatever the outcome. The amazing thing is LCW could still focus after such a high pressure call. I wonder if they will sack NCC and Bata James since they failed to bring back the WC title with their tremendous KPI strategy for BAM players.

14. laonong

laonong Regular Member

do not understand why LD's win is related to propganda

Badminton is badminton. do not treat it as war between China and Malaysia.

15. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

wonder no more, it's not going to happen.
    one of the thing i admire most about LCW is how he picked himself up and start winning again after the 2008 OLY final. a lesser man/woman would packed it up years ago.

16. xsakurax

xsakurax Regular Member

Yup.I agree with u.His determination is really impressive. He keeps on trying even after the failure.Salute him very much.If other Mas players, I guess they will like give up, remains in the shadow of the lost and unable to move forward.

#56 xsakurax, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  17. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    I think he need a coach to give him a plan A, B and C option. It is risky to have only plan A.

Will there be an assistant coach for him? Maybe LCW can select one since BAM is now loaded. ;)

18. julianng

julianng Regular Member

For a person living in UK, don't you know England has a bigger population than Malaysia ? (2x MAS population)

19. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    So true! Life does go on, and we must retain perspective. This result however, is an indication of the malaise that affects the institution that runs MAS badminton. I viewed the BWF upload of the finals 3 times already, then just double-checked with the games played earlier in the tornament. The LCW playing the finals is nothing like the LCW playing upto and including the semi-finals.

LCW always gives 101%. His "loss" in the finals was not due to lack of commitment, or incorrect tactics. It was the change in his mental/emotional/psychological state. Watch how his legs moved from the very start: just too much adrenaline there, creating instability, minute indecisions, affecting reactive reflexes. Look at his face, the worry lines appearing so early, the doubt in the back of his mind; the hang-dog expressions; the deer-caught-in-headlights eyes. Who said what to him? Compare it to the other games: all you would see was serenity in the eyes and a ready smile. There was no doubt in his mind then. I agree with Morten Frost: LCW is already the best player on this planet. He did not lose this game; he was just mismanaged. Again.

BAM has known about this weakness for many years. Heck, all of us at BC have known about it for long now! They have not yet cured this situation. I'd be tempted to call it almost criminal negligence.

20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    so many posts to "like" today.