List your playing style, main racket, string & string tension

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by neoanderson777, Sep 30, 2004.

1. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

My experiences with VS850 would suggest this:

1.String 1-lbs tighter than usually requested.
    2. Leave the racket without play for 5-7 days
    3. As a result of this, the racket strings will lose some tension as they settle in, and therefore the strings won't break prematurely.

Colour wise, I've tried all 4 and I personally like the blue and black ones :)

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    on the vs850, tho colors was never a big interest for me, but i find darker colors like blue and black allow me to spot where on the string bed the shuttle is hitting. as the string wears, i see how consistent i am just looking at it.

victor vs850
    victor superwave 35
    22lbs
    doubles defensive and lazy offensive, mostly smashes and drops, reaction time too slow for front blocks and have weak drives

3. kumarh

kumarh Regular Member

Student
    BG66UM is one of the most finest and is the thinnest gauge string............Taufik Hidayat uses this string, sometimes we couldn't get the perfect timing while hitting the shots and we think that there is a problem in our racket or string......... so don't feel bad u have the finest string on your racket

4. kumarh

kumarh Regular Member

Student
    If you are using z slash or z force or any other similar racket try NBG95 however BG66UM is the best string yonex ever made......... most professional players use it

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

And your source for that information is where? :)

6. kumarh

kumarh Regular Member

Student
    It's all my personal experience and if you are talking about BG66UM i have seen the yonex stringing team applying 66UM in Taufik's rackets here in Indian Open 2012, however you can also search on the internet for specifications of all the strings available in the market.

I was previously using NBG95 now i use 66UM, it has more repulsion power, control and also produces blasting sound, yes no doubt it is less durable than 65, 66Ti, 85 even NBG 98 is more durable, but in my personal opinion 66UM has no match

7. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

You are correct, BG66UM is a good string and in your opinion it is the best string so far that you have tried.

But to say that it is Yonex's best string ever made is a bit far-fetched, especially when you also based it on the fact that Taufik Hidayat (who is no longer a very competitive player in the professional circuit now) uses it.

The string's specifications also have a lot of "advertisement factor" put in which means it is pretty far-fetched to believe that this string has the most repulsion of all the others. Do you know that almost all double players use the thicker strings with less specified repulsion power such as BG80 and BG65 but they still hit extremely powerful and fast smashes compared to Taufik with BG66UM?

8. leugnen

leugnen New Member

funny

thats funny, somebody uses quite similar setup...
    style, strings and tensions exactly the same, just use carlton powerblade racket series because they easily take the higher tension.

9. kumarh

kumarh Regular Member

Student
    <br><br>You are also correct may be i said too much that it's best string ever made, It's not best just because Taufik use it, but! you can ask any Coach or National Level Player about it's repulsion and control,<br> <br>secondly Singles game is completely different from doubles, it consumes much more power and energy, few good rallies in singles can break you off.  <br><br>If we talk about Taufik Hidayat, he is the one who still holds the record of fastest smash (305km/h i.e. 189m/h) in singles, he have strongest backhand, he still hits the shots with overwhelming power, he is an extremely diverse player and one of the most difficult player to face on court. <br><br>However the best string is which suits you, for me 66UM is the best, because i am very comfortable with it. <br> <br> 

10. kumarh

kumarh Regular Member

Student
    You are also correct may be i said too much that it's best string ever made, It's not best just because Taufik use it, but! you can ask any Coach or National Level Player about it's repulsion and control,

secondly Singles game is completely different from doubles, it consumes much more power and energy, few good rallies in singles can break you off.

If we talk about Taufik Hidayat, he is the one who still holds the record of fastest smash (305km/h i.e. 189m/h) in singles, he have strongest backhand, he still hits the shots with overwhelming power, he is an extremely diverse player and one of the most difficult player to face on court.

However the best string is which suits you, for me 66UM is the best.

#650 kumarh, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  11. Blitzzards

Sir, the strongly built Danish singles players use BG80 and BG80 Power, so do the Koreans (who all now use Victor VS-850) and the athletic Chinese players all use Li Ning NS95, NS70 and NS30 (used to be BG65 and BG80).

Now, all of them are very athletic and powerful singles players and the strings I have mentioned are all thick at 0.68 to 0.70mm in diameter compared to BG66UM's 0.65mm. These string do not rate as high as how Yonex rates the BG66UM in repulsion and the other aspects too. What does this tell you?

12. Blitzzards

Lee Hyun Il actually holds that record which is 310km/h (a full 5km/h faster than Taufik Hidayat's fastest smash). Lee Hyun Il was using BG80 at that time, compared to TH's BG66.

[video=youtube;0mKc-nl7OvU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mKc-nl7OvU[/video]

The most difficult players to face on court now are Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei, not TH anymore.

13. kumarh

kumarh Regular Member

Student
    This video is manipulated, check:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taufik_Hidayat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Hyun_Il

14. Blitzzards

Sir, it is very apparent to me now that:

1. You have not actually seen the 2006 IBF World Championship matches live or back on TV when they broadcast it.

2. You are a blind follower of Taufik Hidayat. (Please tell me that you know for a fact that TH has NEVER WON an All England in his career).

And regarding Wikipedia's accuracy and credibility:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. kumarh

kumarh Regular Member

Student
    Yes I am a follower of Taufik Hidayat, i don't know on what level you play Badminton, but if you are a good Badmiton player then probably you wouldn't be so against of Taufik, if there is any professional player around you, ask him about Taufik Hidayat's game play, style and technique,

Also first watch 2004 Onlympic Final, then say a word about TH.

16. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

No one is doubting or questioning the fact that Taufik is a great player, his technique and skill has always been second to none, however, what has been said is that he no longer has the level to compete with those at the top of the game on a regular basis. As a result, he doesn't do well in tournaments.

Also just because a player use a certain string doesn't make it the best string ever made. People choose strings cause it suits their style of play. You can't definitively say one string is superior just because TH uses it...:)

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Just chipping in, didn't TH hit a smash with 318km/h in a tournament? It's definitely been stated quite a few times he holds the record for the fastest smash in singles in different threads....still, at that time he did most definitely not use the 66UM so basing the assumption that it's a great string (which I happen to think, btw) on him smashing very hard with a different string is somewhat.....stupid.

18. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Style: MD, the backcourt player, offensive
    Main rackets: MX 80, both BG66 Ultimax @ 28lbs
    If my opponents are smashing freaks: BS 10, 1st BG66 Ultimax @ 26lbs 2nd @24lbs
    If I'm the smashing freak: SW35, both NBG 98 @ 26lbs

19. argus aviel

argus aviel Regular Member

Engineer
    Style: Defensive

Main Racket: Wilson nFierce

String: RSL HTR 66

String Setting: 27 lbs

When I want to play offensive

Main Racket: Armortec 500

String: Yonex BG 65Ti

String Setting: 27 lbs ​

20. APB Stringers

APB Stringers Regular Member

Professional Stringer
    Aggressive/offensive, Tactic Voyager X-Smash, Yonex Bg66U, 27lbs

Please visit www.apbstringers.co.uk for more information on strings as well as stringing help and reviews.