Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/39MUARA/Article

Badminton / All England: Chance for Chong Wei to end Lin Dan jinx

IT is going to be a battle royale between defending champion Lee Chong Wei and Lin Dan of China in the All England, beginning today, as the latter looks to be in great shape since winning the Korea Open in January.

Lin Dan's easy victory in the German Open on Sunday, where he toyed with compatriot and world champion Chen Jin, is an indication that Chong Wei will face a harder time than in the Korea Open.

Chong Wei had stated before leaving for Birmingham that he was confident despite his rival's fine form.

It will not be much trouble for Chong Wei to clear the early hurdles where he will play Sho Sasaki of Japan in the first round, likely meet Bao Chunlai of China in the second round and a possible quarter-final tie with Simon Santoso of Indonesia.

This will be followed by a meeting with another familiar foe, Peter Gade Christensen of Denmark, who Chong Wei has beaten on numerous occasions and should do so again in the expected semi-final clash.

Lin Dan has no peers and his only resistance could come against Chen Jin in a likely semi-final encounter and after the German Open, the latter will not fancy his chances at all.

Chong Wei has never beaten Lin Dan in the All England as the four-time champion was shown an early exit in last year's campaign and the Malaysian downed Kenichi Tago to earn the title.

Chong Wei has to do it without coach Misbun Sidek this time but he seems to have settled down without his mentor for the last three months.

In fact, it is not Misbun's presence that will make a difference but Chong Wei's hunger for another All England title and his burning desire to topple Lin Dan in a major event for the first time.

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

All the best to this guy in the AE..
    hope he can retain the title that he won last year..:)

3. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    With luck again with him as happened last edition, i am sure he can do it.

4. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    I hope he is not addicted to the fish and chips and loose early.. ;) lol.

5. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/3/9/sports/8215289&sec=sports

Chong Wei’s world No. 1 status under serious threat

PETALING JAYA: Lee Chong Wei’s three-year reign as the top ranked player in the BWF World Super Series is under serious threat at the All-England, which begins today in Birmingham.

The Malaysian is at the risk of dropping one rung to the No. 2 spot in the Super Series ranking if he fails in the defence of the title and China’s Lin Dan takes the crown.

And with his status and pride at stake, expect a determined Chong Wei to go the extra mile in the championships.

The prestigious All-England is a Premier Super Series event and offers US$350,000 in prize money for the first time.

The rivalry has grown very close between Chong Wei and Lin Dan in the World Super Series with the Malaysian winning the season-opening event at home with Lin Dan closing in by defeating the world No. 1 in the final of the South Korea Open a week later.

In the past, Lin Dan had chosen to skip many of the Super Series tournaments but with BWF making it compulsory for all the top 10 players to compete, the badminton stage has suddenly become more competitive and exciting for the fans.

Barring any upsets, top seed Chong Wei and Lin Dan are expected to clash in the All-England final.

Chong Wei said that he had not lost the fire to win the All-England title for a second time but he would tread with caution on the way he approached his matches.

Of course, I would like to retain the title but the journey will not be easy.

“I have made mistakes in the past by putting too much pressure on myself from the start,
    ” he said.

I want to take it one day at a time. It’s getting tougher and tougher every year.”

Following the withdrawal of Japan’s Sho Sasaki, Chong Wei will take on qualifier Brice Leverdez of France in the first round today.

The others in his half of the draw include Indonesians Sony Dwi Kuncoro and Simon Santoso, China’s Bao Chunlai and Chen Long and Denmark’s Peter-Gade Christensen.

Third seed and four-time All-England champion Lin Dan meets veteran Malaysian Wong Choong Hann in the opening round and others in the half of the draw are second seed Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia, Chinese Chen Jin, Wang Zhengming and Du Pengyu, and South Korean Park Sung-hwan.

6. george@chongwei

So fast talk about losing early already? come on la, this is datuk lee.. not elite back up or whatever backup they called.. LOL:D

7. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

C'on LCW... Don't disappoint me... I subscribed the sports channel hoping to catch U live in the AE Final vs Lin Dan.... go go go LCW... BOLEH?

8. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    rtm got live la... why waste mulla? ;)

9. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    rtm just last minute cancel Pakistan v Malaysia Olympic 2012 match ~~

10. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

its not rtm 's fault or anyone in malaysia. they say its the technical problem of the pakistani's... they are not capable...thats pathetic i say on the pakistanis... all those billions spent on guns bombs warplanes. and they cant even provide for a live football game...pathetic..

all armed to the teeth for what? kill each other ..and cant even stage a live soccer game

11. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Cool down cool down..... you must love soccer a lot :D

12. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    anyway ...... Malaysia qualify to next round .. story close

13. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

LOL U guys talking about Pakistani soccer in LCW's thread... haha... so funny.... BOLEH :)

14. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/3/10/sports/8226890&sec=sports

Chunlai looks dangerous in win over Sony

PETALING JAYA: It has been more than three years since China’s Bao Chunlai last tasted success against the more established Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia.

And the odds are against the lanky shuttler ending the losing streak. But coach Tey Seu Bock wants Chong Wei to be prepared for a stronger challenge.

In the first round yesterday, Chunlai blew away an injury-plagued Sony Dwi Kuncoro of Indonesia with a 21-10, 21-6 win in 29 minutes.

Barring any upset, the China No. 3 will play against top seed and defending champion Chong Wei today for a place in the quarter-finals. Chong Wei has a first-round opponent in Brice Leverdez of France.

Last year, Chunlai proved that he was far from being over the hill when he ousted compatriot and four-time champion Lin Dan to reach the semi-finals. But he was beaten to a place in the final by Kenichi Tago of Japan in three gruelling games.

Said Seu Bock: “It is wise to be prepared against Chunlai. He is quite inconsistent and we do not know when he will show his best side.

“In the All-England, every one saves their best and it is dangerous to take anyone for granted. Chong Wei’s condition is good here and he is looking forward to a good showing
    .”

15. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Based on the score (BCL vs Sony), I agree that BCL looks "dangerous"... hopefully LCW can pull it off.... BOLEH :)

16. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/Badminton_AllEnglandChampionships_ConvincingstartfordefendingchampChongWei/Article/

Badminton/All England Championships: Convincing start for defending champ Chong Wei

BIRMINGHAM: Datuk Lee Chong Wei flexed his muscles with a convincing win over Brice Leverdez of France to storm into the second round at the National Indoor Arena here last night.

Chong Wei, the defending champion, battled for just 23 minutes to secure a 21-9, 21-11 win over Leverdez in his opening game.
    His nemesis Lin Dan of China also made a confident start when he outplayed Malaysian veteran Wong Choong Hann 21-14, 21-17 in 30 minutes.

Chong Wei will meet Bao Chunlai of China, who registered a comfortable 21-10, 21-6 over Sony Dwi Kuncoro of Indonesia, today.

“This was a match I did not have to worry too much about.It gave me the chance to see how the hall plays," said Chong Wei.

"I consider tomorrow to be my first real test against Bao Chunlai. I have a good record against him but would never underestimate his ability.”

Lin Dan, who won the German Open on Sunday, will play Indonesian Dionisius Hayom Rumbaka, who overcame India's Ajay Jayram 21-17, 21-19, in the second round.

Lin Dan said he treats the All England as a normal tournament and downplayed his attempt at a fifth title this week.

17. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    SDK just back from injury...so his form is in doubt
    if LCW take BCL lightly, he will be in trouble.

18. george@chongwei

I predict Datuk to win in 2 sets.. boleh?:)

19. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

wow... so confident? OK.... BOLEH :)

20. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

LCW beat BCL: 21-16; 21-16 in 42min... He was in cruise control throughout the match... who's next? Bring on Boonsak or LHI... :)