Is ChongWei another version of WCH, Ong EweHock??

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by the_way, Dec 10, 2006.

1. C L BAO

C L BAO Regular Member

Student
    Hmm..I think I agree with you. Lee is Lee. And he still has time to do better than how is he doing now. :D

2. the_way

the_way Regular Member

well, at this age..LCW is not young anymore and he has been in the top players league for about 3 years. It is all about mental strength at this level. I would say that he is more like ong ewe hock..loves crowd support and peak at malaysia open.

Asian games is another good example....he proceeded to semi final as expected...and lost to taufik....how many times he wants to lose to taufik??
    He lost to him in important big match like Athens and Doha...but he only beat him in Malaysia open.

Since taufik wants to win beijing gold...if taufik is on his way again in the semifinal...what is going to happen :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: ???? from history, malaysian single players did not have good record against chinese player. i think malaysian only won 10% of them...look at how XXZ demolish choong hann or sunjun's record agst ewe hock or dongjiong good run over rashid sidek. Same thing for Hafiz, he only managed to beat chen hong ONCE......well, but still, i guess he is the most succesful ,msian player in 20 years because he has the BIGGEST trohpy amongst msians....:eek: :eek: :eek: ...at least he is a champion for a very short while.....we cannot say a player is good if he keep on making it to semis but losing....

3. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Agree with what you said above and also Eurasian pointed out LCW progressed from not making MAS team at 20, to being MAS #1, LCW indeed improve a lot esp since I saw him at WC05. I think his technique, skills, footwork, speed and fitness are on par with the world's best, the missing puzzle could be consistency, match experience and a power smash, not just a potent cross-court smash which LCW possesses. There certainly is a small gap between TH/LD and LCW, his age is around TH/LD so I am not sure if he has enough time to catch TH/LD before WC07 and OG08 before LCW's career os over. And don't forget CJ, <20 yrs? young, will be the dark horse at WC07 or at OG08. In fact, I would prefer to be in CJ position in OG08, much less expectation and pressure than LD who seems to win Opens but not the majors (note that in WC07, LD did not play TH or LCW or PG to win). CJ is closing in to LCW, PG class and if I bet on OG08, I pick CJ.

4. kenny7_2006

kenny7_2006 Regular Member

Working student...
    since this is the latest thread about LCW, here i go... hehe...

BTW, found this on Friendster, http://www.friendster.com/32604757 its a profile about LCW... to u, does it look real, or is it a fan who set this up? hehe...

5. C L BAO

C L BAO Regular Member

Student
    i think it is just something a fan made up. i dont know, but from the way the profile is written, it doesnt seem like the way he talks about himself.. :D if i've not mistaken, there is a profile of WCH which is almost the same as that one. :mad: i hate people who fake the players..:mad: :p

6. MulBeRry

MulBeRry Regular Member

oh, don't hate them:)
    maybe that is the way they show their support to the players
    different people ve different way 2 show their support
    at least they bring us some 'hope' of finding the players profiles:D

7. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    are u sure malaysia MS has bad record against chinese players...well.....not all.....actually Hafiz has quite a good record against chen hong.....and LCW has an amazing record against BCL....

8. C L BAO

C L BAO Regular Member

Student
    LCW's record against BCL... *faint* I've nothing more to say about that... <_< haha..

9. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Dude, LCW come out much later than LD and TH and only became a top player in these 2 years. If im not wrong he only played in the international tournament in age of 22 which is much later comparing to TH came out at 17-18, LD came out at 19-20. And its funny to compare him to Ong, as Ong's ability is not even better than WCH. And another thing is that he nvr lost to TH in Athens :rolleyes: Beside beating TH in Malaysia, he had also beaten him in TC qualifying round earlier this year.

10. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Anybody know where is Ong Ewe Hock now?

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i might know tat...dato...

12. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    saw him last 2 days..almost joining him fo dinner...:D ( got invited by Taipeh's coach)

13. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Taipeh? U mean OEH in taiwan now?