Saina Nehwal

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by saina fan, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Quite curious to know where it says Saina is the richest badminton player in the world. Is there an article that definitively states that?

2. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    istora crowd consider China or Chinese players as their enemies. in Indonesia SS 2007, when TV broadcast BCL vs TH in SF, you could heard the "huu" and "yeah" in the other court, when Wang Chen from HK play against Petya Nedeltcheva from Bulgaria. Surprisingly, it was Petya that beat one of the INA WS, Maria Kristin in QF, while Wang Chen never meet any INA WS at that event, even until final. But somehow, Istora crowd shout "yeah" to petya, and "huuu" to wang chen. LOL.
    if you have the source, just give it. Very simple.
    First, you only say about china players complaint about korean line judges. After i say, taufik also do the same, what is your comment ? Don't forget, during 2010 Asian Games Team Event Final, PSH shots were out so obviously, but called in.

#1382 Fortune, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  3. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    As you are a good friend , i surfed a little and here for you one article specified clearly what Lee Chong Wei , Lin Dan are earning per year as well as Saina .

http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/mint-it-like-badminton/487022/

Excerpts:

With a Rs 40-crore three-year deal with Rhiti Sports Management in her kitty, badminton star Saina Nehwal is now the world’s richest player in her sport. Team India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni makes about fives times what Nehwal would from endorsements but the badminton ace trumps quite a few peers from the country’s most lucrative sport, cricket.

Nehwal’s earnings just from endorsements, based on website figures for other top international badminton stars, make for pretty reading. That includes her male counterparts such as Malaysian world number two Lee Chong Wei (who makes Rs 8.8 crore annually, including endorsements, match fees and others) or the Chinese Olympic gold medallist Lin Dan (who makes Rs 12.6 crore annually).

Without any proof, i never talk .:) . Those are given in indian money. If you wanna convert in your country's currency, please go ahead . :) Even foreign journals mentioned the same mentioning clearly the money earned by Saina, LinDan, Lee Chong Wei in terms of Dollars. But i could not dig that and give that link to you. I am in mid of our local festival. :)

#1383 scorpion1, Jan 12, 2013
  4. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

Don't believe everything you read in the papers/Internet, especially regarding earnings/taxes.

#1384 AlanY, Jan 12, 2013
  5. Borbor

Borbor Regular Member

2.5 mill USD per year in endorsement. Not bad for a shuttler I s'pose.

6. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    Edit : we can heard the "huu" and "yeah" for Wang Chen vs Petya match when Cai / Fu vs KKK / TBH. start from 4 : 38. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-_0axBN1o1U. as I said it before, Istora crowd anti China or Chinese player. lol. and one thing, china crowd shout louder than indonesia crowd ? :D:D:D

#1386 Fortune, Jan 12, 2013
  7. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Ok Ok.. Dont take it seriously what i have said.. I understand that you people never see other players as enemies..:)

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    There are other venues where you'd think you were attending a court-martial...

9. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

The article looks like it's the Indian equivalent of the Daily Mail haha! I doubt it's true accuracy. Richest in India yes, but the article doesn't discuss the earnings of other badminton players like LD and LCW. LD has a lot of sponsorships in China...

10. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    If you are really dont wanna open your eyes , does the world got shutdown???..Lol :D.. I really dont wanna reply you hereafter who always have full of dreams ....Lol :).. I am not in a mood to talk to you at all. I wish you all the best in your career..:)

11. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

my eyes aren't open? :p you're the person who claims the Chinese players aren't up to Saina's speed or ability yet more often than not, the Chinese players defeat Saina. Where is your logic?! :rolleyes:

Not in the mood to talk to me cause Saina didn't win the title here? :p:p

12. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    No. Thats because of your chinese players cheated badminton with fake retirements.. Ha ha..:D

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    not withstanding, Saina gets good money. On a scale, she's up there in the highest earning packet. Good for her and the sport if she get that amount of money. Shows the lower ranked players what to aim for. With their figures quoted, she should be one of the highest earners. Whether she is the richest would difficult to verify because there are loads of other fees that can be earnt and not disclosed.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It's advisable for you to be very careful when you make such serious accusations. For your own good,do bear in mind, freedom of expression (synonymous with freedom of speech but includes any act of seeking,receiving and imparting information or ideas regardless of the medium used) doesn't give anyone the right to slander. I meant well.

15. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

This thread has become a joke. It was ok for a while since the last troll got booted out but yet again it has become India vs China on almost any discussion.

16. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Did i make wrong statements??? Not at all. Have you seen this Olympics?? what happened there ???the complete world witnessed it... Not only me, many badminton lovers has found what happened in this Korean Open first round exits from chinese players..Was that because serious injuries??? .. I have watched some matches where they retired.. They simply stopped the game and left the court informing the judge that they are retiring... Is this a good for badminton.. Badminton lovers like me never accept such a kind of thing.. I bet it.. I just said the facts, which made you to come here and advicing me??? Lol...First advice your players ... Whole world knows what happened..:)

17. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    as many have seen. this thread has gone from a discussion of Saina to just mud-slinging between supporters and anti-supporters.

the decision has been to close down the thread so you guys can calm down for now. we may decide to open the thread again in the future. however, it maybe close again if people don't discuss in a civilized manner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.