Victor SH9000ACE

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by wuldup, Jan 1, 2012.

1. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I thought it may be worth letting you know the difference between Victor Asia and Victor Europe.

Victor Europe buy from Victor Asia. Victor Asia bring out new Victor products frequently and tend to focus selling to their key markets e.g. Korea probably being the biggest.

Samples are sent to Victor Europe who then use a series of international players to test/evaluate the products. From the feedback, a decision is made whether to add the product to the current range. A good example of this is Spira 22. I was sent one to evaluate and felt is was an awful racquet compared to what Victor already had in the range. Others felt the same way. The result was a decision not to bring into Europe. Soon after, the racquet was withdrawn internationally.

Victor Europe also has to weigh up certain costs. As they are not the largest manufacturer, they want to ensure that the racquets that are introduced find favour with the players - a very difficult task.

I'm not the one to fully explain the differences and decisions that are made from Victor Europe regards what is avialable but I'm sure some of this is due to the markets here and what people will pay. e.g. the 9000 Ace shoes has an RRP of £130. It may sell for around £110 in UK, but how many players will pay this for shoes? I reckon only a very small number and that is the point. If they can't sell in volume then why try to sell at all bearing in mind the volume that have to be ordered from Asia to get the right price.

I think it's pretty tough trying to balance all of these factors. Once the brand becomes more established in terms of quality and volume, then we may see an increase in product lines. However, I can't see Victor Europe mirroring Victor Asia in its product line.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

2. amirx2

amirx2 Regular Member

Chemist
    Thanks paul for your explaination! :)
    Bryan, i bought it from my friend.

3. Nismo333

Nismo333 Regular Member

I can recommend Eric from RKEP. He's a really reliable seller and I'm very happy with his service. He is an absolutely top seller!

4. BadBoy087

BadBoy087 Regular Member

officer
    did someone already weigh their 9000ace? just curious about the shoes' weight,comparing to other,especially the yy f1

5. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    For UK players there are a number of retailers around UK who will place orders for you.

My retailer has just supplied a guy I know with a pair of the 9000Ace shoes. Thankfully I got a look at them before the customer collected and they really did impress me.

The big issue with shoes is to make sure you get the right size. It's not fair on a retailer if you place a special order and get the size wrong. So take care.

I know of a UK retailer who are currently developing their Victor range and would consider selling this brilliant shoe if it wasn't for the price. So, whilst they won't carry stock, they will buy it on a special order to sell to you on the basis that you pay in advance.

Paul

6. shaz`

shaz` Regular Member

Any idea how much these are on special order Paul? I'd definitely be interested!

7. willsabeefcake

willsabeefcake Regular Member

trainee accountant
    Unfortunately they're going to be a lot, I'd say over £120.00 including postage and everything. Very expensive shoe!!!
    Mine were about that when I purchased them from AW Chris

8. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Shaz

I think you can get them for around £110 including postage. As always retailers tend to try and sell a few things together to make postage easier. PM me Shaz if you want to know more and I may be able to arrange it for you.

Paul

9. khoai

khoai Regular Member

I'm sure Eric squashmart can give you much more competitive price as he quoted me way lower than that. PM me (or better yet, him) if you want to know.

10. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Khoai

You do realise that we have to pay import duty for goods entering the UK unless they are from EC? On top of this, there is an arrangement in place with most racquet manufacturers that goods entering UK may be stopped by the authorities and confiscasted.

I know lots of players do import but the risk is there. I wasn't aware of this until I was told by a senior guy from a manufacturer who told me that the authorities can simply sieze the goods and return them to the manufacturer. The buyer would then lose out because they will not receive the goods.

Now I am not trying to create any scare mongering here, but simply pointing out the risks of buying from abroad and importing into UK as I was told.

I am not a retailer and do not sell goods so it does not affect me in any way who buys from whom.

Paul

11. andrewlauhs

andrewlauhs Regular Member

i just bought it yesterday... and it fit properly and as per what review has said about the shoe.. in malaysia, the RRP is RM559.00... and depending on which shop u go, normally u'll get around 20%-30% discount off the RRP...

12. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    My friend bought a pair and said they were amazingly comfortable. He didn't need to break them in, just wore them straight from the box in a match.

That's a very high recommendation.

Paul

13. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    So far, SH 9000Ace has been well accepted...No wonder the price tag is quite expensive...

14. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Sorry to say quality has a price. However, if the shoes are that good then some players will gladly pay the extra.

I've always been a believer in finding quality products and using the best for the budget you have. Usually, going the extra mile and finding good quality products really pays off. From the feedback I've received so far these shoes are really amazing, very comfortable, superb grip. Can anyone ask for more?

Paul

15. awekuda

awekuda Regular Member

Pemukul Bulu
    erk RRP RM559.00 .. i thought it wouldn't above RM500.00... damn.. better get new racket :D.. anyway where you bought it adrealauhs.. maybe i should see to believe first the quality of shoe RRP above RM500 :D..

16. yeo_melaka

yeo_melaka Regular Member

So how much do you actually paid? Mind telling us? Thanks.

I estimate it to cost approx 50% premium over Yonex's top of the line (at least in Malaysia). Is it worth that much? I'm interested in this shoe as well but curious about the worth.

17. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Yeo

You do pose a good question regards comparison to Yonex shoes. However the latest yonex shoe the FC1 costs around the same so the big question will be which is the best shoe.

having seen both shoes I can imagine some players wearing out the Yonex shoe reasonably quickly. I do feel the Victor shoe will last a lot longer than the Yonex equivalent.

But, Yonex have so many good shoes at considerably less cost and very good quality. As always, this is a bout personal choice.

Paul

18. shaz`

shaz` Regular Member

I'll be in touch soon! ;)

19. cobatest

cobatest Regular Member

does all victor shoes have the same size ? i tried a victor shoes once before it was size eu 44 and it fit me perfectly, i want to get the sh9000ace too but it's not available in my country yet. Some relatives are going to go to sg and i wonder if it's going to be a perfect fit for me if i just order the 44 eu sh9000ace ? sorry for my ridiculously bad english, i hope u get what i mean :)

20. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

is victor shoe size similar to the yonex shoe size? I wear a 27cm size shoe for yonex, and will it fit me perfectly if i choose a 27cm size for victor shoe too? I am planning to buy this shoe coz my yonex shoe is starting to wear out lol