Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    I believe I don't put expectation on these players. I truly understand the negative of that. Just visiting the polls made me cringe. Thus, no vote made. Each time he goes on court, I only hope for the best for him and that he plays his best against any opponents. That he learns from previous losses, at least. What frustrate me is that when I don't see best play... I understand it's been hectic for him but ... IDK... yeah, maybe this 4th SFF title doesn't mean much. Still, losing it must have affected him, even a little.

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

He meant LD's coach, Tang sifu, spelling wrong only

3. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

In LCW's case it is probably the nerves that is getting the best of him especially when the opponent is leading. Also so many times, he diverts from his normal attacking play and pays the price. Usually reverting back to his attacking play when it is too late.

Against Lin Dan he always slows down the game in the second set and loses badly. If Lin Dan happens to win the first set, then it is a forgone conclusion.

Anyway, the burden of expectation is probably getting to him. The whole of MY expects him to win all the time. Just imagine everyone he meets after losing a match asking why he lost etc etc. For some people it is just too much to take.

All I can hope for is he goes all out playing his normal game. Whatever the outcome, he is MY's best player ever and I am very proud of that.

Imagine life after LCW retires, all MY players getting knocked out in the qualifiers or 1st round. Only when this happens will we realise LCW's value to MY's badminton. He gave us hope and something to be happy and cheer about when he wins all that SS.

Win or lose, lets support our players.

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The Star Online > Sports
    Sunday December 18, 2011
    Tired Lee crumbles
    By RAJES PAUL
    THE mind was willing but the body wasn’t. World No. 1 Lee Chong Wei’s tired and weary limbs failed him when he needed them most yesterday.
    The exhausted Chong Wei surrendered his Super Series Masters Finals crown, going down 16-21, 21-16, 18-21 to China’s Chen Long in a nerve-wracking one hour and 16-minute semi-final clash.
    The defeat by the youngster at the Li Ning Gymnasium ended 29-year-old Chong Wei’s dream of ending the season on a high with his fourth Masters Finals title.
    [​IMG] Invincible: Chen Long (left) pushes the shuttle past a stranded Lee Chong Wei during their Super Series Masters Finals men’s singles semi-final yesterday. Chen Long won 21-16, 16-21, 21-18. – AFP
    It was also his third loss this year to the 22-year-old Chen Long, who is fast developing into a real threat to compatriot Lin Dan whom he will meet in today’s final. Lin Dan had a much easier time in his semi-final, coasting past Denmark’s Peter-Gade Christensen 21-12, 21-15.
    Chen Long was a fireball of energy yesterday, lunging at every shot to break Chong Wei’s resolve. By the time the score stood at 14-14 in the opening game, Chong Wei was already panting.
    Chen Long took the opener 21-16 and continued with his relentless assault in the second but Chong Wei dug deep into his reserves to force the decider.
    The China No. 2 came back stronger and looked unstoppable as he raced to a 10-5 lead. Chong Wei, however, fought back to stay in the game and drew level at 18-18.
    For one fleeting moment it looked like Chong Wei could pull it off, but Chen Long stayed rock solid to score three successive points to take the match.
    “I tried to push myself in my last tournament of the year but I found it hard to focus against Chen Long,” said a dejected Chong Wei, who was competing in his 15th tournament of the season.
    “I tried to mix it up with different strokes and even reduced my attacking game to break the momentum, but Chen Long was ready for all my shots. He made fewer mistakes today.
    “Chen Long is young and has become a powerful and confident player. He is the future of the game.
    “It has been quite a stressful end to the season. I competed in too many tournaments to secure my rankings for the Olympic Games and that has taken its toll on me.
    “Overall, though, it has been a great year. I have won seven titles, made 11 finals and three semi-finals.
    “I have never lost in the early rounds. I’m happy with my consistency. This has been the best season of my career.”
    Chong Wei, the Badminton World Federation’s (BWF) Male Player of the Year, has vowed to come back fresh for next year’s challenge – with the London Olympics being his main target.
    “I need a good rest now ... then it’s back to business. I will go to the Korean Open (Jan 3-8) as the runner-up and the Malaysian Open (Jan 11-15) as the defending champion. I must maintain these positions,” he said.
    Chen Long, who threw his racquet in sheer joy after beating Chong Wei, was modest in victory.
    “Chong Wei has been the world No. 1 since 2008 and this is only my third big win against him. I don’t consider myself a strong threat to him yet,” said Chen Long.
    “He’s not in the best of shape, but I honestly thought he would win after he levelled the rubber at 18-18.
    “I figured he had more experience to deal with the situation but he made some bad mistakes and I’m lucky I won.”

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2011/12/18/sports/10120794.asp&sec=sports

5. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

i believe LCW lost to the young lad, not LD this time

6. wana2125

wana2125 Regular Member

military man
    hi, my point of view is lack of confident was key factor LCW lost to CL, im not pro player but i think we all can see LCWs level of confident, he got a lot of chance to kill the shuttle but turn to drop it, maybe we might say that CL defense was very good, why?most of LCW smashes was not hit the target (side lines). Another one LCW is a clean player (kind and well behaved), never put physcological action to opponent, his reaction while collect and give point still d same, look at CL how his reaction when collect point, (shout, grasped his hand, look at LCW and smiling), his smiling look like to insunuate LCW, all these is physco action that can influnce and engage opponent's focus. i think LCW should train himself about physco technique, these action can motivate ourself. for me LCW skill is much much better than CL and even LD. i really hope that LCW can win olympic gold medal. I also hope that his coach can find the answer how to beat these 2 opponent, CL and LD

7. koowakchai

koowakchai Regular Member

Are badminton players not smart enough to play without their coaches hinting or giving advice??
    No point training everyday if they cannot think for themselves. :D:D

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    not many can think during badminton match
    because ur whole body require massive amount of oxygen
    if u try to think that time,which mean u require extra amount of oxygen to ur brain
    it is easier in other racket sport because the intensity is lower

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

It's not LD now, it's CL that will be around for LCW in the SFs of Korea SSP & MAS SS. Oh and how LYB and CL relish those matches (regardless of the outcome) esp in preparation of the expected SF clash at the London Olympics.

LCW must be secretly praying not to be drawn against CL again at least for the next 3 SSP & SS tourneys that he will participate (Korea, Malaysia, and AE) at the SF stage or else a few losses to CL will cost LCW his no 1 ranking (and bonus from BAM).

10. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    agree with u on this... lcw is a nice person, humble and down to earth person... it's good character outside the court, but if we see the china players, the never show respect to their opponent.. (keep on shouting and screaming after winning every points and running and shouting around the hall when beating their main rival) ... this is what we call mental war/physco war... i think lcw need to have this character a little bit if not all, to give pressure to his opponent... im not saying being a mr nice guy on court is not good, but he needs to make his opponent (esp.the china player to be afraid of him)... that's what i think..

11. Voltric

Voltric Regular Member

How is competing in two SS tournaments in January 2012 going to reduce his cumulative fatique?

12. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    After taking a breather last sunday I'm gonna start afresh and continue to keep on believing and supporting our national hero. Thanks so much Limsy for the good summary of his 2011 achievement and yes it's a very good performance compared to last year. I trust he knows well how to bounce back from the hectic 2011 schedule. LCW fighting! I'm gonna reserved the burning-ticket resolution towards the coming MO... keep faith... :D:D ok now I'm off to manage meetings with big bosses in these two days without my colleague and my boss... haish! *faint*

13. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

I also dont buy this crap about fatigue. Their daily training is 2 sessions daily totaling 6 -7 hours, 5 days a week wherelse during competition it is only 1 match averaging less than 1 hour.

Even 2 hours of training makes my body ache like hell and find my movements slow the next day. So using too many competition as an excuse does not compute as the intensity does not cause fatigue like training does.

My advice to LCW is "Just take a week completely off from badminton. It will do you a world of good and relax your mind."

14. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    Heartbreaking as it was, I still believe in LCW, TSB on the other hand, if only he works hard on the side of the court too like Saina's and WY's coach = take notes.

15. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    is okay for LCW to lose the Super Series Master Finals...
    long term goal still Olympic gold 2012....

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I too, hope he finds the motivation to "treat all players/opponents equally!" :D:D:D

...and no point wasting hard-earned money!;)

Meaning = "now some real work can get done!!" :p

17. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

You have the same problem as most MAS fans, talking down yet expecting LCW to always win to live up to his WR1 status. LCW is not like LD who avoids matches selectively. Why should LCW be afraid of meeting CL? If the reality is he has to play CL before LD, then jolly well he gets used to it now. By the way, you know CL is not the real WR3? CL s next job is to help CJ qualify for OG12. And LCW s goal now is to get his ranking points up to about maximum for 10 tournaments.

18. WJan2007

WJan2007 Regular Member

Physically, LCW is not so tire if compare wioth training. It is metally tire. On the other hand, LCW needs to bear heavier metal burden than LD or CL. The whole country is expecting him to perform. In China, so many players can gave very good result.

19. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I think the demands on physical and mental fitness are much higher in competitions than in training. Most training are done in familiar environment and with familiar faces. So there is less stress.

However, the more important the tournament the greater the effort put in by players. And if a player is under stress like having to defend his title or thinking how to defeat his strong opponent, then more effort needs to be expended.

I'm afraid LCW has to bear all the stress himself once he is on court but he could learn how to manage his stress outside of court from the mental strength experts.