my new Gamma 6004 6pt SC Stringing Machine.

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by kwun, Mar 29, 2012.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    dollar by dollar, the electronic head for $500 will be much better than upgrade to the crank than the $1300 Gamma turntable + stand vs. the Eagnas turntable.

2. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

... just buy the WISE2086 and put into your machine ...

Actually if you could find 3 guys and join together to purchase it, it may be cheaper ...
    You may contact moongose (mustafa) who living near CCK area, also sgbad so can join together with them to purchase it ...

Wise2086 is a good head, but once you have a problem, you will be finished, coz you are very far from the seller (in the US).

3. zombie0517

zombie0517 Regular Member

wow, Victor 80 pattern with only flying clamps:eek: My machine has only one fixed clamp and I found the Victor 80 hole pattern hard to do already. Wish I had a 6pt 6004... As someone said, must...resist...urge:p

4. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    After doing it with fixed clamps, I have to say that doing it with flying clamps isn't really much harder :p In both case you have to make use of your starting clamp during the process :p

5. chinavip

chinavip Regular Member

Student
    I JUST BOUGHT MYSELF THE GAMMA 6004!! strung 20 rackets so far, this machine is very solid, Loving it

6. AZbadman

AZbadman Regular Member

Sales and Marketing
    Kwun, killer pics and set up. Love it.

7. shuennms

shuennms Regular Member

Club Stringer & Organizer
    Bro Kwun & Maa2003,Just would want to thank you guys for the advise and also update you that I have got the wise head. My stringing machine is running much better now, but I would also like to say that I learnt a lot from my crank too like calibration, adjust the tensioner, speed of cranking, and etc.

8. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

post the pics please ...
    do you still play at CCK and do recording the games ?
    Maybe one day I will come to visit you there ...

9. shuennms

shuennms Regular Member

Eagnas Combo 810 with Chudek's Side Support and Tennishead 2086

20130101_225705.jpg

Wheels was removed due to the height is too much for me.

20130101_225712.jpg

Still tempted to get Gamma 6004 though

20130101_225803.jpg

Removed the Eagnas Fixed Clamp, MBS Flying Clamp still the best !!!

20130101_225909.jpg

Strung 30x rackets with ease and never regret getting this :)

Playing Location no longer at CCK Sports Hall, we shifted to Unity Primary School (We miss you, Maa2003!)

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...-CCK-Sports-Hall-Saturdays-5pm-to-8pm/page238

Video Recording

Stop for a while already, maybe should start again soon as watching own play can really improve

10. AZbadman

AZbadman Regular Member

Sales and Marketing
    The GAMMA turntables do NOT work with Eagnas stands. The 4 bolt pattern is different size. Hope that helps.

11. shuennms

shuennms Regular Member

Bro, I do not have an Egnas stand, my machine is a table top, I am putting it on top of a 2x2 IKEA shelve now.

My budget only allow me to choose either Gamma 6004 with crank or throw my eagnas crank and replace with Tennishead 2086, which I did.

Only managed to string 220x badminton racquets so far, still far from thinking for another machine upgrade.

12. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

I got this machine a week ago. I like most of it, but I'm disappointed with some things!

The machine is solid and very well built. I like how easy it is to move north/south posts and adjust the supports. However, I don't think that they considered badminton while designing the machine. While mounting a racket is really easy and fast, the trade off is that it is less flexible in terms of frame sizes and grommet positions. My other machine has longer arms and everything can be adjusted separately (despite being longer and less practical).

It is impossible with my setup to get the supports exactly where I'd want them to be on the racket. For instance, the top side supports lands JUST below the last shared grommet (it is actually covering it just a little), while the bottom side supports can go where I want them to (top support is fully screwed/retracted). This is for most 76 holes+ rackets. I'd like the top one to be 1-2 grommets further. The machine would need longer arms or adjustable ones. Some of you are not experiencing this because you are using MBS load spreaders (or similar), which helps the side arms reach 1 cm further on the frame. It is unfortunately not the case with the Gamma badminton adapter. I might have to use MBS load spreaders or make my own plastic thing to replace the plastic part of Gamma's adapter.

The side supports are also pretty fat. I kinda got used to Chudek's supports :p. And not a big deal, but the racket doesn't feel as securely mounted as with Chudek's supports, mainly due to the fact that the plastic adapters are pretty "slippy". This shouldn't make a difference though since the force applied to the supports should be directly perpendicular and not sideways.

One last thing, I would have loved the top/bottom supports' adjustment knobs to be more accessible. It's kind of hard sometimes to mount/unmount the racket since there is some resistance. Some lubricant might solve this for me though.

May sound like I don't like the machine, but I do like it! I guess I got used to mine and it's so customized that I got it to do exactly what I wanted it to do. The main things that the 6004 has over my heavily improved Progression ST-II are the adjustment knobs for the north/south posts and the unique knobs for side supports (2 knobs instead of 4), which is really what I like the most so far!

#172 yan.v, May 5, 2013
    Last edited: May 5, 2013
  13. GaryC

GaryC Regular Member

IT Analyst
    I was just speaking with atssports to order my 6004 and they mentioned they came out with a new add-on for $199 meant specifically for badminton. I didn't buy it since it's so new. They told me it works for 5003 and 6004.

06-05-2013 11-11-06 AM.jpg

14. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

Nice! Quite expensive though :(

15. AZbadman

AZbadman Regular Member

Sales and Marketing
    Yeah... I would avoid clamp down at all costs.;)

16. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

Oh nice catch! I assumed the clamp down thing was from the 5003, but it's part of the adapter :(

17. Michal

Michal Regular Member

yan.v
    I produce a Gamma 6004/Eagnas 737e issue too. Compared with a standard Pro'S pro or Eagnas versions they are different. Only one, larger main bolt and more "protrusion". The better reach for fixed clamp working.
    Pics below (an old "inserts", the current one - white polyamide).
    EDIT. Pics by DarthHowie.
    Gamma6004Mounted2.jpg

Gamma6004Mounted1.jpg

#177 Michal, May 6, 2013
    Last edited: May 6, 2013
  18. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    [MENTION=75572]yan.v[/MENTION]: if you wish, you can get chudek supports (old style - maybe he can make you the new style) for the 6004 since michal made them for mine. I'm surprised you jumped from the 5003 to the 6004. Your 5003 was pretty tricked out.

vicng87 likes this.
  19. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

Hey Michal! I thought about ordering them again, I'll see :p

In the meantime, I could take this time to give you some suggestions if you don't mind!

The edges could be rounded up/polished as it can cut into strings while pulling if we're not careful. Also, the screws under the supports could be shorter shorter to prevent the strings from getting caught into the screw and the threads (happens very often).

Other than that, I think the supports are perfect! I like them very much on my other machine!

20. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    [MENTION=75572]yan.v[/MENTION] :

Just saw michal's post with pics of my machine (*note.. the washer is now moved to under the arm instead of above so that the nut fastened against the washer to the arm)....

If you plan on ordering a set maybe we can combine an order and order 2 sets to save shipping. PM me if you are interested.