Alternative photos

Discussion in 'Badminton Photography' started by red00ecstrat, Aug 21, 2006.

1. ae86trueno

ae86trueno Regular Member

Hi Red, thanks for the link. I know IR photography before this but still learn few bit and tips from the link :) lol I now find it quite amusing looking at my remotes from camera LCD >.< By the way the part I dont understand why the instruction say to use custom WB when the shooting taken in RAW ? I thought only ISO affecting RAW.. WB and the rest is only if saved as jpg or any other than RAW?

2. red00ecstrat

red00ecstrat Regular Member

(Full Time) Coolie. (Part Time) Photojournalist.
    Not exactly. Fungus is one thing. But as far as I know. Some of the elements that inside the lens tube was indeed made by gluing two different lenses. The glue will grow old from time to time. Because of that. The quality of our lenses will decline. Just the matter of time!
    Please correct me if i was wrong.

3. ae86trueno

the man behind the gun eh? :p yeah agree with that. I seen somewhere this is discussed to death... I agree regarding the man behind the gun but sometimes gears are quite important too.. example try taking badminton photo with 5.6 lenses.. the gear will be the limiting factor in this condition IMHO.

4. ae86trueno

Thanks for the information Red, well I never knew regarding glueing 2 glass but if thats the case then yeah I guess what happened to Taneepak might be because of the glue. to think about it, won't glue degrade the light quality by alot? or is it special "glassy" glue that does not affect the light when passing through the glue?

5. red00ecstrat

I don't know much about that glue ae86! Perhaps it's something specially made for gluing glass!

Glad you've found that IR link useful!:)

6. red00ecstrat

I wish I had a longer lens!

Took that shot while having an interview with a guy!

Attached Files:

7. red00ecstrat

I guess it will be much easier for us to handle and to obtain the IR effect that way.

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

haha..ntg to do..
    so decided to snap some photos and playing with my camera.:D:D:p

enjoy!:)

Attached Files:

#1048 george@chongwei, Sep 3, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  9. george@chongwei

hehe..carz frenzy..:D:D

Attached Files:

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Whoah..^^

..George:
    - I thought in post #1048, you were trying to show the before and after pictures of what happened to the trees...and
    - your picture above, post #1049, was that taken in the parking lot of a car dealership??..
    :confused:;)
    *btw, still waiting for your vacation trip pics, you promised to post here for us...;):)

red00ecstrat (Stefan), i hope the interview didn't turn out to be a doozer..;)

#1050 ctjcad, Sep 3, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  11. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Normally a lens design has multiple elements, sometimes with one or two elements being cemented together. Each surface of each glass element, including the surfaces of cemented pairs, are given multiple coating layers to reduce flare. The layers of coatings can be as little as 2 to as many as 12. The Sigma Apo I had had most of the coatings turned greenish which clouded all the elements. I don't know why it happened.
    Every lens has to be mounted on a mount. The mount must hold every element coaxial and with the correct separations, irrespective of ambient temperatures. Many thin, steeply curved elements cannot easily be fixed in a lens barrel. The provision of a focusing movement, and for elements to move axially as in a zoom lens design, greatly increases both production costs and difficulties. These difficulties are made even bigger by having to take care of the auto diaphragm mechanism and its coupling to the camera body. If you use cheap and light material like aluminium only instead of brass and a little aluminium for the focusing mount, you may save some costs but at the expense of quality and reliability. Even assembling the elements unto the mount must be perfect. If not the best lens scheme is useless. It is like assembling an intricate high price swiss watch.
    For longer focal length lenses a long focusing mount, necessary for focusing near, is going to be heavy and expensive. Alternatively you can opt for a much shorter focusing mount, to cut down weight, length and costs, but this long focal length lens will not be able to focus very close up.

12. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    From the quality of the pictures, it's clear that you are, er, playing with the camera, george :eek:

13. ae86trueno

Ah, now I understand more, thanks Taneepak. I just want to confirm what I understand is right, so given an identical lens say, its 100mm 2.8 glass with minimum focus 1meter. It will be more expensive if this lens become 100mm 2.8 with min focus 0.5meter compare to 100mm 1.8 with min focus 1meter?

14. ae86trueno

either that or public parking... . I will drop dead if that is taken in his own garage :eek::p

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    r u the interviewer or the interviewee??

16. red00ecstrat

Neither! Hehe..... My colleague was the interviewer. That guy was a financial analyst and I was of coz a photographer!:p

17. george@chongwei

haha..

obviously not..!!haha//.if thats my own garage , then i will rich to dead already:D..thats a public parking area.:cool:
    yes, as i`ve stated above the pictures, im toying and playing with my camera:D:p:p
    hmm, chris, my picture on post 1049 was taken in the public parking area..haha..:D
    and yeah, dont worry..i will post my selected vacation trip pictures as promised;):p as soon as i have resize it..ok?:D:)

18. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Yes and no, it is not really that simple. Focusing is more accurate with the 100mm 2.8 with a longer focusing mount but its wider spread of focus will also mean a less than even image sharpness over the focusing range. The infinity may be excellent but the near focus will drop to acceptable. With a shorter focusing mount and a reduced focusing range, image quality can be more even over the focusing range, although not reaching the excellent level at infinity of the longer focus mount. It is all about compromises and optimizations.
    But photography is all about art and is dependent on the user not the equipment. I used to have a friend who was a contract photography for many top Hong Kong blue chip companies who could take really astonishing pictures of rubbish dumps, dirty alleys, people randomly, and very ordinary things. He was also a passionate collector of cameras.

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    no badminton events to shoot. :(

we went to Aquarium last holiday weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. skunklover

skunklover Regular Member

student
    #1060 skunklover, Sep 5, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2008