Yonex Voltric 80 Peter Gade version

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tyshk, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Really? :-S
    When I was using the VT80 4U of my friend it sounded really really crispy (with BG80).
    I'm thinking about to get a VT80PG in 3U. But I'm afraid of a too tiring racket like N90 :eek:

2. calvino

calvino Regular Member

radiographer
    i didn't really notice a difference in stiffness but it seems that most ppl i've talked to here think the same as i in regards to weight

3. sFrog

sFrog Regular Member

For me the lack of shaft stiffness of the Vt80 was quite bothering, hence me switching to the VT ZF. Actually I'm looking for something powerful, but slightly faster than the VT ZF for advanced doubles and singles.

Since many players have stated the Arc10 is stiffer in the PG version, I do hope the VT 80 in the PG version is stiffer too.

Can someone verify please?

4. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

anyone felt that the VT80PG played differently from the VT80 original?

when i had the original vt80 i absolutely abhorred it that i sold it cheaply, you could say it was my least favourite yonex racquet ever.. but now, being unable to resist the temptation of such a beautiful racquet, i've just gotten a piece and it FEELS so nice, the swings, the playing feel.. w/o a VT80 side by side to compare, i wonder if i'm imagining things, that the VT80 PG/s different from the regular?

still have a vtzf ltd in my bag, which is apparently still stiffer than the VT80PG.

5. ThomasJE

ThomasJE Regular Member

Maybe you have changed, not the racket. You may have put on more muscle which would make you feel a racket differently from what you felt it originally.

6. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

Received mine last Monday. It's a 3U-G4 model and I really like it. I'm not planning to play with it. The difference between a normal one would be so small, it will be a shame when something happens to the VT80PG edition.

I glad Peter Gade have a similar color taste as I do and wish him good luck for the future and thanks for the wonderful badminton years he gave us.

7. jasontyh

jasontyh Regular Member

Engineer
    hopefully I'll receive mine soon. looking at the 4U version. :)

8. vajrasattva

its unlikely that i would have put on some muscle at this age :eek:

the VTZF still feels similarly headheavy, but the vt80PG really feels different. maybe i should get a vt80 normal for comparison soon

9. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

It's a very good looking racket. I still prefer the Adidas Duoforce's style though. Ultimately, I hope PG will be able to get more input on racket designs. I'm thinking of buying the PG and go with white strings and white grip. :D

10. Chien

Chien Regular Member

Very good looking racket I must say. However like many i'm kinda disappointed that the vt80pg 4u feels different from the normal vt80pg. It feels lighter. I'm so used to the normal 4u and makes me wonder if I should get another vt80pg 3u :p

11. vajrasattva

i wasnt imagining things right!...... i tried looking at the BP and it was somewhere around 304-305 still.. but i have no idea why it felt so much lighter.

12. runeer

runeer Regular Member

Graphic Designer
    Haven't got any 4U racket, and VT80PG 3U5 is my very first head heavy racket, and it's more tiring than my Flame N55.

13. Neffri

Neffri Regular Member

There can be a 4.9999 grams diff between two 4U rackets of the same make and model. I have both VT80 and VT80PG 4U and the difference between those are 3 grams when i weigh them. Im guessing you have to be very lucky to get rackets who weigh exactly the same.

14. vajrasattva

its not the weight issue, i have the PG in both 3U and the 4U, the 3U at 97 grams and the 4U is at 92 grams. my former VT80 was at 95-96 grams there abouts. i m picking up another two pieces of the PG 4U tomorrow and still aghast at how much i loved the PG over the regular.

15. jamjoy

jamjoy New Member

yeah,i think so,not a lot af graphics as far as I remember and the "Voltric 80" was almost at the cone.[​IMG]

16. mackstine

mackstine Regular Member

Some shots of my freshly strung VT80PG.... looks pretty good with pink NBG98s sm2F3C0858.jpg sm2F3C0860.jpg sm2F3C0861.jpg

17. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    First time seeing how your racquet is strung at the top part... mind telling what is the function of that top first horizontal line?

18. mackstine

mackstine Regular Member

I call it a protection weave - I hand weave that part in to protect the strings from breaking easily on mishits near the top

19. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Thanks for sharing. Looks nice. I'd put pink overgrips as well, if I'm a girl :p But pink is a nice colour for understatement ;-)
    Do you really really mishit on the very top horizontal string? :O

20. speedyJT

speedyJT Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Guess you have some problems with your intestine when I see this big bucket of Activia :D
    Nice pics of course!