2013 Indian Badminton League (August 14 - 31)

Discussion in '2013 Tournaments' started by chris-ccc, Feb 19, 2013.

1. sportsfantb

sportsfantb New Member

Hey, craigandy, I'm new here. So, I am still getting to know this site. I have a question, can we delete our previous posts?

2. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

No, you can edit for a period of 15 minutes by hitting the edit button, There is a "report post" button(triangle with exclamation mark bottom left of post) so you could report your own post saying your reason and admin may get round to deleting it.

3. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Welcome to BC ..You can't delete the post but edit the full content within 15 mins. Otherwise, it won't allow you to do it

4. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

And welcome to the forum sportfantb:)

5. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Mathias Boe tweet before he leave India, Is he forgiven?:D
    zmat.PNG

6. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

The players may get a small bonus but it is the franchises money, they have already spent hundreds of thousands of pounds all will be to pay off expenditure not into pockets. The players already got payed that was what the auction was for no?

7. sportsfantb

sportsfantb New Member

Thanks guys( craigandy and scorpion1) for the info. I'm having to refresh this page everytime i wanted to see the new posts. Is this the case with u too? doesn't this page refresh itself automatically?:confused:

8. sportsfantb

sportsfantb New Member

Thank you!:)

9. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Yes you have to refresh. Please fell free to PM me or I am sure scorpion for any other off topic questions instead of this thread.:)

#1069 craigandy, Sep 1, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  10. sportsfantb

sportsfantb New Member

LOL. Thanks. I didn't know i had that option:p:D

11. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    No.. I don't think so. I will confirm you if i got any news regarding this or our BC member [MENTION=13175]Oldhand[/MENTION] may help us regarding this. He is able to get information about the happenings inside our indian team.

12. sportsfantb

sportsfantb New Member

He's long forgiven.:DYes, it was stupid of him to make such comments but his frustration was understandable. Also, he won all but one match he played in this IBL. So, fans will excuse him for those remarks he made before.:D

13. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Thanks it would be great to find out if they are contracted to get a share of the prize money or if it is just a goodwill gesture from the team, and either way, how much.

It makes sense that the franchise to receive the moneys and it is up to them where to invest the money.
    For instance do they want to keep existing players from leaving(after next year) by giving massive bonuses or spend it on marketing or whatever. At the end of the day the franchises need to become rich from this venture, for it all to succeed and for the auction prices to go through the roof for the players in say 5 years time. If the franchises just keep giving away all the money there will be no way for IBL to grow and they have to rebuy the franchise in 5 years at a crazy amount again. Think of how franchises work in other sports like NFL for instance.

#1073 craigandy, Sep 1, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  14. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Franchise get the returns from hosting the event when the tie happens to be in their city with the help of sponsors, tickets and ads etc. Truly speaking, they never think about prize money as it only goes to two teams.. All other things comes under their scanner in order to get the returns.

15. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    You said you are new member.. But your PM inbox is already full ;). I think you have to delete some to receive further PM from members..

16. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Well I hope we get the answer, either way I am ok with. I just think it is crazy to think that all the players in HH including under 19 player is going to get $30k each or whatever it was for winning. And more so that the press has not yet picked up on this and even more so that the IBL has not been marketing this fact to the fans and players. Don't make sense.

17. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    Imagine Lin Dan Vs LCW in IBL. BWF should have made efforts to make this happen. Would have been an enormous publicity for the event as well as for badminton.

18. terranova

terranova Regular Member

Don't know where you get that from.
    Prizemoney will go to club who would have their own criteria to distribute. Since IBL is modelled after IPL that is what is likely to happen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Premier_League#Prize_Money

Same with football league like Champions League where players already get a salary and prizemoney goes to the club and club has criteria to distribute some of it to players (depending on performance etc)

That is yearly salary. They would follow rules like IPL http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Premier_League#Tournament_Rules where in next season players can be bought, sold and traded amongst the clubs. So for eg. PP may put Schenk up for sale for $100K and if club AB buys her for $100K, $10K will go to HH and $90K will be Schenk salary

Nah may never happen. LD is playing so few events and latest is Dutch Open and will likely retire soon. For someone who has won everything and cemented himself as greatest ever (though arguably some may say Zhao Jianhua is more talented), he has nothing else to prove and nothing else to play for. He will play cos he enjoys it but when he has family additions soon, he will likely scale down further and retire. LCW on other hand is still hungry to chase the elusive WC or Olympic gold.
    So really better savor any meeting between LD and LCW in any tournament cos LD will not be around for much longer :)

19. terranova

terranova Regular Member

While the IBL was fun and exciting to watch, only the Women's singles is of high standard.
    The Men's singles and doubles standard leaves much to be desired.
    While bringing China players may not be a reality soon, they should really go after the Korean and Indonesian doubles to offer some serious competition to Koo/Tan and Markis/Boe. And really why didn't any franchise buy both Morgansten and Boe pair together?:D

20. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Thanks for that. That makes sense. Should be exciting to see the trades and buys that happen next year then. I take it there will be a way to drop players? or will the club still have to pay them or is there a get out clause from the clubs side?