Jung Jae Sung - The Smasher ( 郑在成 )

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by indyko, Dec 14, 2008.

1. i800Yoty

i800Yoty Regular Member

Does anyone have any photos of JJS jump smashing? I can only find pixelated photos on google.

Thanks

2. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
  3. algonquinsmash

algonquinsmash Regular Member

Rock Haul truck operator
  4. nizze

nizze Regular Member

Anyone has latest news on JJS?

5. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

He's retired..

6. nizze

nizze Regular Member

Thanks Renmazuo!
    Knew that he officially retired a few months back.. was wondering if there are any post retirement news on JJS :)

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Best match for me is the 2011 HK Open Final. Super exciting 3 games, definitely better than the 2011 WC or 2012 AE matches which were too clear to be really exciting (although my heart was pumping pretty quickly when I saw the 2011 WC SF stream :D). Shares the first place with the 2009 WC Final though, which has to be one of the most nerve-wrecking 3rd games in the history of Men's Doubles.

8. nizze

nizze Regular Member

IMO, in recent times, the best MD matches played usually are clashes between JJS/LYD and CY/FHF. Their matches are normally very tight and one cannot predict the outcome untill the game ends.

9. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

Though even were JJS to un-retire, I doubt the chinese pair would be up for it; they just haven't been fit, and I can't see them regaining their full fitness if they continue playing.

10. nizze

nizze Regular Member

Agree. There seems to issues with CY/FHF's fitness recently. If I did not remember wrongly, they retired at an early stage in some of the recent SS matches.

Of course, there is also the question of motivation. After winning the Olympic Gold medal, which I believe is their greatest dream, and so many other titles, what is their driving force to push forward. :)

#90 nizze, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  11. nizze

nizze Regular Member

12. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

I just watched the 2011 HK Open Final and it was amazing :eek: Just sick attack and defence from both pairs, and I especially enjoy Jung's dives! The 2009 WC Final is really good to watch too.

Now to decide if I want to get the MX JJS...already have SW35 and MX80 which JJS used :rolleyes:

13. indyko

indyko Regular Member

May the spirit with his coaching! Go JJS, Go!

14. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Any news on this retired legend? Last I heard was that he was still playing competitively in domestic tournaments? Wondering if there's any videos of him post retirement?

15. event

event Regular Member

As far as I know, he was fielded for one team tie this year for Samsung but the match didn't have to be played as they had already won 3-0 by that time. When Samsung has all its players, he isn't needed much, as they already have Lee Yong Dae, Cho Gun Woo, Han Sang Hoon, Kim Ki Jung and Kim Sa Rang for doubles, plus some former national team singles players who aren't too bad at doubles.

In addition to coaching the Samsung women's team, Jung has also helped out with coaching the national junior team, although he has not travelled with them yet.

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Would love to see Han Sang Hoon play again, after the 2009 AE Final I haven't seen anything of him....did he retire immediately after it? Or did I just miss any tournaments he played afterwards?

17. event

event Regular Member

Well, as you can see here, Han's last international tournament was in the spring of 2010. He had just started his military service that year so I'm not sure how he played the All England, while players like Yoo Yeon Seong, Park Sung Hwan, and Jung Jae Sung all had to skip it the year they started. Perhaps basic training for athletes was different that year because of the Asian Games. In any case, Han was not only not travelling with the national team later in 2010 but nor did he even get the chance to play the 2010 Australian Open with the rest of the Samsung team because he was temporarily with the Sangmu team at the time. He was still officially on the national team until December of that year, as reported here and he did not participate in the national team tryouts in 2011.

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Thanks for that! :)

19. nizze

nizze Regular Member

Thanks for the sharing event! Glad to hear that JJS is doing fine post retirement :)