APACS Virtuoso Performance

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Mark Winston, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Magicmeatbag

Magicmeatbag Regular Member

Landscaping
    No I don't recall i name my rackets but to each their own lol.

And Toxbad I think the AVP would be a great doubles racket. I not hard to swing/react fast with at all.

2. Mark Winston

Mark Winston Regular Member

To those that havent bought this racket yet, you really have to pick one up to know how we all feel about this racket. Saying that this racket feels better than the legendary T300 is saying something. This will be another legendary Apacs racket when more and more people start using it. Where else can you find speed, power and control all in one racket? A very all round racket, which excels in all departments. Still not liking the colour though.

Andyworld likes this.
  3. visor

visor Regular Member

Interesting. With all these positive reviews, in terms of swing, flex, bp, what does this racket compare to? Like BS and NR series?

4. Evotech8

Evotech8 New Member

Engineer
    In my opinion the AVP feels and plays a lot a BS10. A great fast doubles racquet!

5. visor

visor Regular Member

Ouch... I was hoping it's less stiff than BS10, which is too stiff for me.

6. Evotech8

Evotech8 New Member

Engineer
    The AVP is not quite as stiff as the BS10. I'd say stiffness it ranks between the BS10 and BS12.
    I have all three racquets in my collection.

7. visor

visor Regular Member

Ooooh... Now that would be very nice. :)

8. kyh212

kyh212 Regular Member

One of my friend said the AVP is very similar to the BS11 but better. The main difference is the net play where the AVP is a lot better than the BS11.
    I will receive mine soon :)

9. Magicmeatbag

Landscaping
    The net play with the avp is pretty rediculous. I just got the yonex nanoray 750 for my birthday. The specs of the 2 rackets are pretty similar and ill be testing them in 3 hours so I'll be having fun!

10. nooooooooooo

nooooooooooo Regular Member

Hehe completely agree with this. I did net kills when I wasn't even expecting it.

11. Magicmeatbag

Landscaping
    So I had a slight go with my 4 rackets yesterday. AVP, Yonex muscle power 100, my new one the yonex nanoray 750, and a ebay yonex voltric 70 clone.

I really don't want to come across as a fanboi type but I'll put this very blunt for people looking to buy the racket. For 100$ you can get a racket that performs just as well as any other. The best quality it has in my opinion is it's smash. The smashes I really connected with the AVP were the fastest even against my Muscle power 100. The MP100 though was more consistently easier to get a high powered one though and it just has that feeling of just plowing through the shuttle rather then just hitting it like the AVP.

Control, quickness, manueverability were just as good as the 750 even though I'd give the slight nod to the 750 for being slightly more headlight. The 750 is also less fatiguing to use for prolonged periods of time due to better vibration control. Not that the vibation is bad on the AVP because it isn't. When I used the yonex clone it had zero vibration control and it was nice to be able to gauge how good and bad my other rackets were using that. The clone funnily enough playability wise was still very good.

I'd also recommend softer strings with the AVP. For some reason I feel that it would be great with that type. I'll also put a little chart thing below. It's just my interpretation so /grain of salt. I also add 3 > things for when I want to add emphasis of the difference between the rackets.

Smash : AVP >= MP100 > NR750 > VT60 clone
    Control : NR 750 >= AVP >= MP100 (( strings loose )) > VT60 clone (( they all are very good ))
    Clear : MP100 >= NR750 = AVP > VT60 clone
    Vibration control : NR750 >>> AVP > MP100 >= VT60
    Net : NR750 >= AVP > VT60 clone > Mp100 (( due to bg65 strings being loose otherwise its great ))
    Backhand : AVP >= NR750 > VT60 clone > MP100 (( Due to weight ))
    Feeling in hand : AVP > NR750 > VT60 clone > MP100
    Balance Point head heavyness : MP100 >= AVP > NR750 (had no added grip bp = 288) > VT60 clone
    Quickness : AVP >= NR 750 > VT60 clone > MP100
    Shaft stiffness : Mp100 > VT-60 clone >= NR750 = AVP
    Solid feel : MP100 >>> AVP >= NR750 >>> VT60 clone

And another note the VT-60 clone is a completely different racket then the actual one lol. It actually feels very similar to the NR750 only BP of 310 head heavy. I also adjust that by taping a coin to the bottom of the racket then putting on the grip. The BP is 280 now so it's slightly headlight.

Another note the AVP strings are still a little too tight for me. Kinda the same with the nanoray 750's. The MP100 had my usual BG65's and were a bit loose and the vt60 clone had bg 85 strings nicely settled in at 22-20 pounds. AVP had zymax 65 which were strung at 26 pounds and have loosened. NR750 had bg66um at 22 pounds but it feels more like 24. The AVP tension and the NR750 tension felt the same. And the bg66um and the zymax 65 strings actually felt the same with the zymax's feeling a little more crisp and rough.

#111 Magicmeatbag, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  12. kyh212

kyh212 Regular Member

You can find the AVP for only US$63 (+shipping) so great value for the price.

13. badbad012

badbad012 Regular Member

14. kyh212

kyh212 Regular Member

15. KELVIN HO

KELVIN HO Regular Member

BUILDER

APACS FORAY 707 is better !!!

16. 100minus

100minus Regular Member

87g/295mm is racket for muscleman and bad for defence, dont be stupid becoz of the promotional price

17. tjayuk

tjayuk Regular Member

I've been looking at this racket as an upgrade from my tantrum 200/300 but now I see there is a new Virtuoso Pro with an rrp of RM699 anyone tried this newer version yet it seems to be top of the range and the most expensive apacs racket so I'm expecting good things!!

18. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

I believe the Virtuoso Pro has always been there, it just doesn't get the same publicity due to costs. Also I think you get a big metal case and probably other goodies, that contribute to the overall cost.

19. tjayuk

tjayuk Regular Member

Thanks Rimano - I am tempted to buy the virtuoso pro but kind of want to read some reviews or try it first. It looks like my type of racket. I might just be brave and buy it!!!

20. allyjack110

allyjack110 Regular Member

University Graduate (History)
    I am surprised people are claiming that the AVP has a head-heavy balance. Directbadminton.co.uk measure all there rackets independently and designate it headlight at 295mm exactly; comparable to the Nanoray series. I have ordered two myself and really looking forward to use them. The only downside is that I will have to wait a few weeks for them to arrive.