Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I heard Lin dan last time use Sotx racket, bros here can advice what Lin dan racket is using for sotx last time ?

2. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    From what i see , i think lin dan use Armotec 700 to current N90 now

3. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

Tuesday October 27, 2009

Europe chief hopeful Poul-Erik outlines revamp plans

ODENSE: The 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games gold medallist Poul-Erik Hoyer-Larsen is set to make a more prominent comeback on the international stage – but not as a player.
    The Dane is taking a more active role in the administration of the sport and has been nominated to contest for the post of president in the European Badminton Union (EBU).
    And Hoyer-Larsen, who is the Badminton Denmark Association (BDA) vice-president, harbours hopes and aspirations for the sport.
    “I have also been with our national Olympic Council for the last five years. The administrative experiences have given me courage to take on the challenges in badminton at a higher level,” said the 44-year-old.
    “I think, it is very important to focus on how to popularise this game. We are under pressure from the media because other sports are having higher profile than badminton.
    “Football and tennis have huge attention and audiences. Currently, we are fighting with table tennis to be the fourth most popular individual sport.
    “We need to focus at the international level on how to improve our profile. How do we keep the interest in the sport going? Personalities like Lin Dan is so important to the sport.
    “We need personalities. Sometimes, players are too polite. Jan O Jorgensen did a huge celebration after beating Peter-Gade Christensen (during the Denmark Open here). This is what people want to see. There is life in badminton and we need to bring it out and show it.
    “Unfortunately, there have been some internal fights. We have to stop that. We have to focus on the development of the sport. That is my focus and it is the only reason that I agreed with the nomination for presidency.”
    Another point brought up by Hoyer-Larsen was on the game’s scoring format.
    He felt that the current format did not provide great excitement towards the end of the game or even if it did, it lasted for fleeting seconds.
    “There needs to be a greater build-up to a finale in a match. The tension should rise and the audience should be kept on the edge of their seats,” he said.
    “Maybe, we can shorten the game to nine points in best-of-five games and the first player to reach eight will serve for the winning point. I mean, this is one of the options. We certainly need to look into some changes to make the sport more exciting.”

4. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    this article is appear in a malaysia rnglish daily ...:)

5. majyun

majyun Regular Member

Maybe there are no LD's fans around? Not....

The reason is simple. For the past five years, most of the Lin Dan's fans have been devoting almost all of their time in trying to belittle, insult or make fun of other profesional players(biggest victims being LCW and TH) in those players' very own thread. I found most of them very competitive and like to compare their idol to others. Sometime I wonder if making other non LD fans look bad in discussion will give them give them the feeling of superiority over the others(and thus making them feeling a little better on themselves) because they always do it with great "passion" even though no body want to compare LD in the first place.

As a result, they spend more time in crafting their insults in other players' thread to the extent that they neglect this one here(which incidentally also the place where they should be posting if they wanna talk about LD). Some other people, which I find it pretty funny, even go to the extent of creating another thread having the title" LD being the best MS badminton player in human history" or something along that line(you guys can probably use the search function if you are interested in finding out more).

You might wonder why wouldn't they discuss that in LD's thread since all this stuff is related to LD and exclusive to LD only. The reason is simple enough, if they just discuss it in LD's thread, very little people will give a damn/read on how he feels about their idol. So they revise their strategy a little, just to get more attention by creating a grand thread with a big fancy title that could probably take on the whole world. Through that thread, they could attract more readers and try to force their opinions/their religion doctrines(remember LD is considered as a god to them) on other non Lin-Dan fans that their idol/god is the best in this world thought-out the entire history of mankind, and possibly even greater than any creature you can find in the galaxy:eek:.

I hope the answers above could answer your doubts:).

#25 majyun, Oct 27, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  6. volcom

volcom Regular Member

What a joke.

Obviously has not bothered to look at the ld/xxf photo thread where essentiall the discussions have been held.

BTW where is the TH thread huh?
    ROFL
    some bolehian pretending to be from China.
    Nice one you joker.

7. majyun

majyun Regular Member

First off, I am not a bolehian and have no idea what a bolehian is. Mind giving me the definition of that word from a dictionary? If you couldn't find it in an English dictionary, please use English as a medium of communication in the future as indicated by the rule

Secondly, I am not interested in LD which is why I never read anything related to him or avoid clicking any thread with his name on it. Ironically enough, I read his names everywhere on other players' thread posting by the likes of you which prompt me to draw the conclusion above.

Thirdly, I am not a joker. And I am originally from China although I am currently living in oversea for education purpose.

#27 majyun, Oct 27, 2009
  8. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I have a lot of mainland chinese friends here, especially in the church I attended and we played badminton Mon and Tues nights. My wife roommate was from Beijing University and got her PHD in genetic science researching in cancer study, now working in a hospital in Toronto, therefore you can say Canada gain/benefit a valuable citizen. There are highly educated and very smart. But you write very well.

9. volcom

volcom Regular Member

ROFL, nice one smartypants use the classic cite the traditional dictionary for these kind of sporting derogatory nicknames :rolleyes:

Nice short and blindsightedness, to come to a remarkably warped and biased conclusion, with your blind hate and tearful rage. Clap Clap.

Yah just like I was originally from Malaysia and overseas for educational and spiritual enhancement, thank you very much.

10. majyun

majyun Regular Member

Although the word "but" in your last sentence seems to suggest that I am in sharp contrast compared to my bright fellow countrymen/women who were doing extremely well In Canada, I would still thank you for your compliment in the last sentence.

What can I say? It shows your quality as a LD's fan by using the world "bolehian" on calling others even though you know that it is a derogatory term.

Well, that's is just your opinion, man:). I am not sure whether I am being biased or has a tearful rage against LD. But your hate towards Malaysians seem to be apparent.

Since you don't know me, I will suggest you to stop making guesses on my identity. On second thought, go ahead and assume that I am from Malaysia if that's gonna makes you feel a little bit better, Mr. *Shelock*, cause that ain't gonna change my nationality anyway.

11. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    wow Lin D is god to some ..........:eek::eek::eek:, i only heard of Maradona is dubbed as god in Argentina :)

12. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer

13. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

This, is where the problem is. :cool:

14. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Dear friend, I am sure you have not read enough of this forum.

If you think the LD being the best thread is too much for you then you probably have not seen the famous LCW/KKK/TBH going uphill/downhill, will LCW remain #1, WMC/LCW breakup and BAM is not happy threads.

Those are only the tip of the iceberg you would find in the professional players forum, you would shoot yourself if you dare to visit the tournament forum... :eek:

Cheers and welcome to BC. :)

15. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    What's happening here ! Can we all just chill rather than insulting each other , I don't give a damn where you from and how smart you are ! :)
    Lets get back to LD , I dont love the guy but I admire his talent ...

Does anyone know which tournament is he playing next ?

16. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Idiots taking cheapshots at the best, is where the problem lies. While guys are quick to defend failures, they always wait for the opportunity to take their rage of lyb and ld at any chance possible by 'smart' analysis.

Don't hate the player, Hate the GAME, to let one player totally dominate one aspect of it, that it's too boring for the teary spectators.
    Cos the domination is too evident, the jealousy is even more.

17. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Personally I find LD's game a joy to watch. I have almost all of his games available on the internet. What I don't like is the attitude of many of his fans. Who with a rational mind can bear nonsensical stuff like "LD lost because he is generous", "LD just wanted to give LCW/TH/PG... some face", "If LD wanted to....", ... day after day?

LD fans took the art of "finding excuses for players" to a whole new level.

The dominance is "evident" to LD fans just because they brush away all of LD's losses by saying LD didn't want to win.

#37 ye333, Oct 27, 2009
  18. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Sounds like LD only has 2 fans in the universe, namely cooler and bananakid. :D

19. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner

I don't recall myself ever posted anything similar to "Lin Dan lost because he is generous". I am a fan of Lin Dan, and a supporter of Cooler for his courage of being the sole fighter against the evil bolehian society(aka. bc forum). just kidding.:p

20. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    I myself also a fan of Lin dan , of course, we do feel sad whenever he lost to LEE CHONG WEI !