Saina Nehwal : साइना नेहवाल

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by scorpion1, Jan 14, 2013.

1. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

the TC last year was registered on Wk 22 and SC this year play on Wk 20 and should be on wk 21 tablles thus one replaces the other

2. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect
    Agree to me and let me enjoy today :) atleast in the minds for now, celebrate this...

3. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

TC 2012 finished on 27 May last year and this year's SC on 26 May, therefore they will appear on the same week's ranking thus one to replaces the other.

4. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

as i said she will be No1 in 3 weeks time, keep the champangne on ice

5. gopalprasad

Software Architect
    Why dont the 29 days of Feb or extra days change the week? :(

Okay lets go to your logic then... :)
    Rat only managed to win one match still she garnered 5000 points last year in Uber Cup how come? I am interested in getting 4-5-6000 points for SN so that even if CHN takes the max points she would still lose the ranking to SN...

6. gopalprasad

Software Architect
    Want it now & not go till the Indonesia open as SN has to defend a lot of points there :(

7. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

the way it works is 1/10th of your ranking points before the t'ment start and 1/100th of your opponent's points if you beat her.

SN will get around 8300 pts if she beat the INA girl and that will replace the lowest of her best 10 t'ments with a net gain about 3400 pts

8. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

give you an example.

player A with 90000 points play player B with 80000 points.
    at the end player B had an excellent match by beating A with 21-0 & 21-0.

so, B as the winner gains 8000+900= 8900 points, and
    A even lost 0-21 & 0-21 gains 90000/10= 9000 points.

9. gopalprasad

Software Architect
    Wow, who devised this idea... Man he must be nuts... so its a win win situation... :) You would atleast win 1/10 of your points... by just appearing for the match... And since LXR has to defend some points tough on her :)

10. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Nice to hear that SN is going to be world.no.1in the coming weeks.:)

11. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    Has anyone considered a chance where India can proceed to the later stages of the TC 2013? They have more realistic chances of winning 2 matches against INA, all they need is one miracle match...
    Who knows they might spring up a surprise when least expected.... Naahhh... Who Am I kidding... I would be more than happy if they loose 2-something and not 1-something... But I will certainly root for them and hope for a miracle to happen.

Coming to rankings, all our calculations will come true PROVIDED.... LXR doesn't play a match against any of the players AlanY mentioned including SN. Although that's highly probable considering LXR's recent form, which China would not want to risk with, but cant be certain though. Against India they might well field LXR against SN coz they are certain that other 4 will come their way anyways.

I know I am undermining India's chances a little too much but I'd rather be surprised than get disappointed :p I still don't think India is there yet to challenge the big 5. They are good 4 to 5 years away from being one of them until they find good doubles teams in all three categories. One thing's for sure, in coming years Denmark will be replaced by either Thailand or India since they dont have any singles players coming up in ranks and I don't know who long their doubles teams will holdthe bastion for the country.

#131 rahuldarga, May 14, 2013
    Last edited: May 14, 2013
  12. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

that's also depends on how much China wanted to keep that No 1 WS spot.

as they can field LXR against SN in the group match with no risk to lose the overall match but give LXR a fighting chance to keep the No 1. whoever win that contest will certain to be No 1.

13. rahuldarga

IT
    Exactly! And I think they will definitely do that...

14. keenobserver

keenobserver Regular Member

retired
    i think CHN is not that calculative...they are interested in the big ones...so if by chance SN wins no 1 spot by 0.1 pts so be it...but very soon a liquid will find its own level...she will go back to the spot she rightly deserves....

-

15. gopalprasad

Software Architect
    CHN being calculative? I guess theres no doubt about that, they can beat you day out in this dept. and regards to liquid finding its own level, may be its happening now when she is getting there and I wish she holds it for some good time. Amen!!

16. gopalprasad

Software Architect
    Yes! Yes! Bring It On!! I would rather have this then going on to ifs and buts.....

17. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Saina Nehwal keen on a good show in Sudirman Cup

Wednesday, May 15, 2013
    G Krishnan

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/1835193/report-saina-nehwal-keen-on-a-good-show-in-sudirman-cup

Excerpts:

Injury and Saina Nehwal seem to go hand-in-hand. Just when she has recovered from the knee injury that was troubling her from the pre-London Olympics days, the women's singles World No 2 suffered a fracture in her little toe on the left foot after the India Open.

"I am making good recovery" Saina told dna when asked how the preparations were for the Sudirman Cup starting in Kuala Lumpur on May 19.

Saina played the India Open last month without strapping her right knee and did not show any signs of discomfort. "The knee is fine now. I have recovered from it. Actually, I had trouble with my little toe, which I ignored and continued to play. Though it did not affect my game, I had to wait for two weeks for it to get better. Now I have started training and am showing good progress," she said.

...Saina won back-to-back titles in Thailand and Singapore last year. Asked if she could do an encore this year, she said, "No predictions. It depends on the fitness. As I always maintain, I will give my best and try to every tournament that I participate in."

18. rahuldarga

IT
    "Saina won back-to-back titles in Thailand and Singapore last year"

She did not play Singapore last year. It was Indonesia. What a lousy piece of journalism.

19. rahuldarga

IT
  20. rahuldarga

IT
    So much for having so many expectations. Well nobody gave India a chance anyway but still there was a glimmer of hope somewhere. Now even that seems to be dwindling away, I really hope Sindhu can carry the torch.