*New! Adidas Badminton

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by derrickn, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HappySachs

HappySachs Regular Member

Kwun,

I know someone asked this above, so apologies for repeating the question, but can you tell us the max warrantied tension for the rackets, a rough range will do, don't need to know it for each one :)

My carlton's tend to be warrantied up to 28 lbs whilst my Yonex rackets are around the 24lb mark, I string my rackets 26-27 lbs so that's a definate plus point for Carlton.

Also, what sort of string patterns are they using, anything like the DX system? Did they also provide you with a recommended string pattern guide?

Thanks

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    yes Kwun, since i'll be playing there, i'll be able to get in for sure :) i will see you there!

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    aikes. was busy trying to do a overview video and failed badly at it. videos are hard. will try again tonight.

anyway. it was surprise in a pleasant manner. the combination of the light weight, medium flex shaft and head heaviness really compliments each other. the result is a fast and powerful racket for people who like quick driving double game attack game. the shaft is very lively and i think that contributes well to it too. overall it reminds me of the really excellent 4U JJS that i played with a couple of months ago, though i am not sure if it matches it at this point, but certainly very close. i will have to spend a bit more time to test it more and then i will have a full review. but so far, this seems to be a winner.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    stringing pattern. there are 3 different ones IIRC. the normal 72, 76 holes, and some rackets have a 78 holes pattern.

the 78 holes pattern is different than the ARCZ 78 holes. there are 3 pairs of non-shared holes on top like the 76, and then add to that another non-shared hole on 4/8 o'clock. think of it as the victor 80 holes, but without the very bottom string (-2).

browsing through some of mine rackets, the top tension range is 25lbs.

5. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

i thought the AdiZero is head-light?

can we more or less assume:
    AdiPower = AT/Voltric
    AdiPrecision = Arcsaber
    AdiZero = Nanospeed/Naroray
    AdiSwitch = ?

6. f1rst

f1rst Regular Member

From reading a comment from adidas badminton on Facebook, there is a head heavy stiff racket in the adipower, adizero and precision series. Should be interesting to see how they play.

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    depends on your definition. they are headlight in that they have lower swingweight, but the balance point can be high (295mm). this is the same for nanoray. some of the nanoray has pretty high balance point but the overall weight of the racket make it feel light.

your categorization is pretty close.

precison is not the same as arcsaber. so far, my understanding of the precision series' differentiation is not swingweight/balance, but instead most of them uses a medium to flexible shaft. i will try to test out the precison i got and see.

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    and adiswitch. there is nothing like it in any manufacturer. the closest thing to it is the RSL weight positioning system (WPS). but that requires a re-string to change racket weight. the switch system from Adidas you can add the weight in between rallies. or if you are Zhao Yunlei, you can switch it mid-rally for Zhang Nan while he keeps on playing.

9. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

i guess the AdiPrecision is what i am waiting for (medium stiff shaft, slightly head heavy hopefully... like the Victor MX60).

Looking forward to your review, Kwun.

10. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

The RSL's idea is not very clever at all... AdiSwitch could work as long as the strip doesn't shot out trying to murder your opponent during the rally...

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i have only tested the adipower pro and the adizero pro. next i plan to test the precision 88.

my dilemma is that i have 4 really nice rackets to test, but i only have so much time and i also need to write the reviews and the videos. :(

so please bear with me. :)

12. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

Damn, i wish i have such dilemma every day...:) but i do really appreciate your hard work as every BC members does.. .

13. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    That is definitely first world problem at its best!! Lol not hating but jealous that u have connections :)

14. f1rst

f1rst Regular Member

Do adidas provide a range of different weights to attach or can you not say at this moment?

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i was not told. the racket came with a 2g weight. it has a label that says 2g. there is nothing that should stop them from offering something lighter or heavier. it depends how they want to productize the racket. but at least for now, it doesn't look like they will offer anything other than 2g.

16. derrickn

derrickn Regular Member

hi kwun, please know the racquets you got are still prototype ;). I tried the adipower one, the adiprecision pro, and the adipower pro today. I like the adipower pro the best!

17. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i was told that the ones i got is the final generation prototype which means they are pretty much the same as the production ones.

anyway, i am not surprised that with players of your caliber you like the adipower pro the best! i haven't heard of the adipower one. might be a new toy they are developing? the precision series is interesting but maybe a bit too soft for you!

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    oh. they do have 1g and 3g as well as the 2g!

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    tried the precision 88 tonight. very different style of racket. ultimate in defense and counterattack. but at the same time, powerful enough for mortal like us. perhaps slightly too soft for professionals.

20. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

Kwun, thanks for the update. What is the balance point/head heaviness like? do they swing like the victor BS/MX ?
    thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.