Saturn Badminton Club

Discussion in 'Thailand' started by anek999, Oct 24, 2008.

1. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Hi, will be in Bangkok by Nov 2013. Anyone (p'Anek) can refresh my memory the play time for Saturn badminton club?

2. vi001

vi001 Regular Member

Thanks for tonight, guys and personally, Anek! Have not been in Saturn club for a long time (last time was once in 2011, and few times in 2010). Now will come on saturdays (when will be free) :)

3. permanis

permanis Regular Member

Hello,

Saturn Badminton Club is in Thonburi. There is no BTS station. You have to take a taxi say from National Stadium BTS. It is too far to walk as we are talking about 20km from the city centre.

As for players, it cater to both average to very good players ( say provincial or ex provincial players). Even Victor, a good badminton player from Kazakhstan that I met in Vietnam goes to Saturn to have game if he is in Bangkok.

So you either bring your badminton gear and play at Saturn if you are really keen or just go to Bangkok and forget badminton for a few days but do lots of shopping or a bit of both which I always do.

Cheers

James

4. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Hi vi001, so you're saying p'Anek isn't playing in saturn anymore? too bad if so, i'm very looking forward to play against him. last time i lost the match. nevertheless, i'd like to come visit saturn next month and hope to have good game there.

5. permanis

permanis Regular Member

Arfandy,
    Look at vi0001 sentence again and you will find that it did not say Anek not playing. There is a full stop in front. I presume Anek is still there.
    vi0001 is a a very good player.

Arfandy..... we may be of the same standard heheh. The last time we played Anek, I beat him but he was recovering from an ankle injury.

I hope you will have a good time in Bangkok.... good shopping, good food, good weather and good badminton.

Thanks

Permanis

6. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Last time i played with Saturn club was in 2010 & 2011, i was categorized as C level. I'll be staying in Thailand for at least 6 months starting mid Nov. So, hope within the time, you could come & visit Thailand again. Btw, who is vi001? perhaps i've met him during my play in Saturn.

7. permanis

permanis Regular Member

Hi Arfandy,
    Thank you Arfandy. Saturn Club will be waiting for you and I hope you continue to enjoy your badminton in Bangkok. I am not sure when my next trip to Bangkok will be as mostly is returning back to Malaysia.

vi001 is an orang puteh from Kazakhstan, a very good player and still learning to be even better. He played at top level club in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and that is how I came to know him. If your level is C, ,his is just below A

I believe he is based in Bangkok temporary.

All the best

Permanis

8. anjoooo

anjoooo Regular Member

Hi guys,
    My gf and I will be visiting Bangkok in early January and would love to come and have a hit. We're about high intermediate standard. I'm having some trouble finding the address in this thread. Could someone post here for me, please? Bonus points if you can take the time to mark it out on Google Maps! Thanks!

9. anjoooo

anjoooo Regular Member

10. permanis

permanis Regular Member

Hello Anjoooo,

If you look at some earlier postings, you will be able to download a handy map ( in Thai/English) that you can show to the taxi driver to get to the courts. As the club is in the suburb, most city taxi drivers might not know how to get there. However I always go from the MahBoonKrong (MBK) Shopping Complex taxi stand to get there.
    Otherwise the other alternative is go by taxi to Central Pinklao ( a huge shopping centre like Westfield). Spend half a day shopping or watch a movie or eat, then get a local taxi to get there. The court is only 15 minutes from Central Pinklao.

Saturn is a very well organised club that most die hard baddie players will make an effort to to go there to play even on holidays (including your sincerely). Imagine two or more extra kilo of gear to bring along but that is the fun of being on holidays with a bit of badminton and meeting friends in the courts.

Let me know if you need any more further assistance.

Cheers

Permanis

11. anjoooo

anjoooo Regular Member

Hi Permanis,
    Thanks for that. We'll most likely be taking our badminton gear so hopefully we'll see you there!

I was hoping for a Google Maps location because I like to map out all the attractions, etc on Google Maps before I go on a trip so I know the best place to get accommodation. My House was particularly hard to track down, but I got it in the end.

I'll definitely be printing out the map earlier in the thread anyway to show to the taxi driver.

Looks like a large club. How many people and how many courts do they usually have per session?

12. anek999

anek999 Regular Member

Hi... Arfandy, so sorry for missing your message for long time. Very busy by end of year.
    Hope you still time in Thailand and find chance to play badminton with me at SATURN CLUB.
    Now SATURN Badminton Club plays only on SATURDAY NIGHT !! Starting time is 20.00 PM till 03.00 AM.
    Last 2 months I need to take a break for 5 weeks because I got my knee twist during played at SATURN.
    Too bad that I still kept playing for an hour after my I felt hurt. But now I am back to normal again. I still play at SATURN Club regularly. :D
    Please come and rematch our play again , OK ?

13. anek999

anek999 Regular Member

Hi anjoooo, Thank You so much for pointing SATURN Badminton Club location by Google Map.
    That is so very useful for everyone who want to join play with SATURN members.
    Here again is the MAP you guys may print out and show to TAXI Driver to take you to MY HOUSE 1 Court.

Attached Files:

14. anek999

anek999 Regular Member

I am back at SATURN Badminton club couple months ago. I really need to stop my Badminton play since my right knee twist. Now It's all fine and have happy play time with all SATURN players on every SATURDAY Night. :)

15. anek999

anek999 Regular Member

Sawasdee cup 2013

Last weekend , some of SATURN Players joined SAWASDEE CUP 2013 at Pattaya, Chon Buri, THAILAND. This SAWASDEE CUP competition is one of the Biggest International Badminton event in Thailand. There are so many players from all around the world joined SAWASDEE CUP. :)

Attached Files:

16. anek999

anek999 Regular Member

Sawasdee Cup 2013

The 2 founders of SAWASDEE CUP 2013 in Thailand.
    I called him p'CHAI and p'DUANG from FYC Badminton Club.

Attached Files:

17. anek999

anek999 Regular Member

Sawasdee Cup 2013 @ Pattaya , Chon Buri , THAILAND

SAWASDEE CUP 2013 at Pattaya, Chon Buri, THAILAND.
    It's so great to meet many Badminton friends from many countries here.
    Here I met my legendary Badminton Master... GUOBAO who gave me back hand technique lesson for months 3 years ago. :D

Attached Files:

18. anek999

anek999 Regular Member

Sawasdee Cup 2013

Some of Saturn players joined SAWASDEE CUP 2013 including me. :p And this is my 2nd time in SAWASDEE CUP competition, I am glad to be a small part of this competition. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. anek999

anek999 Regular Member

Sawasdee Cup 2013

Sawasdee Cup 2013 @ Pattaya, Chon Buri, THAILAND during NOV 22-24, 2013.

Attached Files:

20. permanis

permanis Regular Member

Hello Anjoooo,
    I live in Sydney and only go to Bangkok once in a while.
    However I have played many times in that club.

Mr. Anek who posted all the pictures for the 2013 Saswadee Cup is the organiser. You can liaise with him when you arrive into Bangkok.

The club has many courts and you will get enough games to make it worthwhile to go all the way from the city centre. There are basic shower facilities and changing room. The good thing is that you will be put with players with the same standard to play with.

Cheers.

Permanis