Chen Long ( 谌龙 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by robin7, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I think China should stop putting such a heavy emphasis on tall players, they cant retrieve well.

I dont think players can win big time if they lack explosiveness and ability to have deception and to be able to

mix their shots.

At least CL now realises he has to work very hard to earn points when playing the masters.Same goes for Tago.

amiraka likes this.
  2. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I'm guessing why Li Mao and Li Ling Wei left China CBA, it must be the training methods.

An 18 year old Sun Jun or Dong Jiong or Chen Gang trained by Li Mao would have far more playing skills

and would not allow players to dominate them and have their own game fall apart.

Looks like Li Mao's exit from China is Korea,Malaysia and Ina's gain.

Let's hope the CBL can unveil more talents and allow China to continue on its road to

bring up badminton to a high profile.

3. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Agreed.... it's the problem of developing players with height advantage and more wristy style of playing like those Indian players of yesteryear.... it's backfiring big time... no more explosive super smashers like XXZ, CH or CY. Very shameful after 2005 the changing of training methods.

4. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I think players like CL,Wang YH,Wan Lin are the products of the thinking after the success of Gade and

and Jenns Eriksen in the 90s. But these players were hard hitters and had winning shots too.

Maybe they are waiting for Gade to retire and dominate when there are no more of this type of player but the shorter

smarter players like Taufik and LCW are still around.Perhaps they are all banking for them to leave eventually.

CL should have learned from Nguyen Tien Minh, give it all you got. Maybe he gave too much respect to LCW

and was too tense and did not go out and enjoy his game.

I think we have to wait until after 2012 before the new generation can break thru when the old guard of real ball players retire.

5. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

After watching the Mixed Doubles and Men's Doubles live on TV I was surprised how the crowd appreciated the good badminton played,

it was totally unlike the fanatic,irrational and loony behaviour of Msia BC members here. and for the first time I am proud of the maturity

and good taste of the fans in the stadium, it was as if the matches were played in China or elsewhere.

I wasn't there at the stadium but it is surprising to realise what the silent majority are thinking.

Let's hope that fellow BC members appreciate this and come out and show your good taste and sophistication, and

give a good impression.

amiraka likes this.
  6. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I think Chen Long should go for secret training like Lin Dan do . When Lin dan start to break into international scene, he also not so good . Then Suddenly he become good, and beat Peter gade at all England.. Then he never turn back .. and then Lin Dan become super dan . When Lin dan up the air smash , u know 90% the opponent is dead..

My suggestion is if Chen Long want to beat Lee chong wei on regular basis, he should go for secret training .

7. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Li Yongbo has been trying replacing Bao CL with Chen Long, to form new China trio for the Olympic 2012; but the problem now is whether Chen Long is good enough.

Not only comparing with Bao CL, but also challenged by young players like Du Pengyu and Wang Zhenming. In the current Premier League of China, Chen Long lost continuously to both Wang Zhenming and Du Penyu in the past week. And also in the post match news conference, Chen Long mentioned that He lost more to Du PY instead of wining. Du Pengyu mentioned that there is no big difference between Chen Long, Wang ZM and himself.

So the competition is not easy for Chen Long. With Bao CL still playing, and Du PY, Wang ZM not far behind, and also the 3rd player itself is questionable, Chen Long's chance for Olympic 2012 is slim.

8. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

among CL, DPY and WZM, I like DPY more. He is a very hardworking guy.

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    I like DPY more. He is a very hardworking guy

What??? :D:D:D

It's the skill that we are paying attention to, isn't is? :p:p:p

10. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

haha, true also, but I like hardworking guys :D He knows he is not a genius like LD, but he always pays 101% effort in his training. :D

11. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    thanks for sharing :)

In the interview, Tago asked Taufik about hardworking and training. Tago is a very hardworking guy. But Taufik said, only 4 or 5 hours training per day is far more enough. Taufik said, it's not important how many hours training, but it's important how effective of the training. Taufik hinted that extra training make people dumb.

Taufik sounds smart, but whether what he said is true? How many hours professinal players need per day? If Taufik trains 4 to 5 hours per day, how many hours for Lin Dan? Lee CW? Gade? Tina? Wangs from China? what about doubles?

How many hours for Du PY, Chen L, Wang ZM? any differences between them and Lin D, BCL, CJ ?

anyone knows?

12. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Chen Long makes it to the SF of the AE.

Let's hope that he at least puts up a good show against Lee CW unlike Bao Cun Lai.

CL looks lacking in many departments compared to LCW especially in the deception and disguise department

and probably is like LCW 6-7 years ago and may become a LCW type player in future but his confidence and maturity in

beating Gade was encouraging.

13. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    CL played tremendously against PHG to win their quarter-final clash.
    His defense, net play and attack were just too good for PHG to handle and the latter just wilted.
    CL also had the advantage of a 'rest day' from the withdrawal of his Thai opponent in the round of 16.

14. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales
    Among CL, DPY. WZM and a water buffalo, I still like CL more as he is more talented and consistent with his form. If I am to choose the most hardworking among them, I will choose the water buffalo, as it really works its sock off in the field ploughing the whole day just for us to have enough rice for a day.:D

#194 laivc, Mar 12, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  15. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Good show by Chen Long against LCW. Great determination and focus , the next encounter will probably be different.

I think like all young,strong and energetic players, he eventually has to build up his armoury to include a wider variety of strokes

to create more opportunities and errors from opponents.

16. bura836

bura836 Regular Member

accountant
    notice from chen long playing

This match CL vs LCW from AE11 is the first match I fully watch him playing. His weakness is agility in movement, overhead smash, and prediction of the game or the wise game plan but his smash is very power even LCW can not return for a few time.

Hope he can improve. Unfortunately, badminton is not mathmetics that the graph is always up and up. He may not get a proper guide or so many factor that his skill is only up to this and no more progress.

17. devilkupo

devilkupo Regular Member

student
    does anyone by chance what string is he currently using on his n55 racket?

18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Chen Long to take over as World No.1 after the 2012 Olympic Games

Somehow I believe that after LCW, LD, TH and PG have all retired (2012, I think), Chen Long would take over as World No.1.

19. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

Cant expect the 28 yr old body to play like a 21 year old. The mind to play it might be there but the wisdom might say, hey I cant do this week after week. Got to conserve a little or change my game. Other wise I can beat LCW by giving him single digit reply in KO by playing my old style and then get bundle out by MZ in semis of AE 2011 (which is impossible to happen to 21 year old LD but very plausible for a 28 year old LD thinking he is a young man). LD is choosing the timing to get himself in explosive mood when he has to.

He wanted to be explosive in the 2nd in the match with LCW but there was self doubt as LCW kept control of the pace and he was out of position most of the time to hit a devastaing smash because LCW was making LD twist and turn

20. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

opps that was meant for LD thread