Victor uk

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by MonkeyMadness, Mar 15, 2012.

1. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
  2. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I'm vaguely interested in getting a Euro spec BS11 - looking for a 2012 quality (clearcoat over hologram) racket - but with the older TW specifications:

Stiff ____v__o______Flexible

Any suggestions for companies that ship overseas?

3. Antzdahman

Antzdahman Regular Member

n/a
    hey guys im a 13 year old competitive player and i really want to get sponsored i live in New Zealand and i am a Intermediate leveled player plz dont post no one my age can get sponsored because i know a 11 yr old boy that is sponsored by victor cheers guys. My fav brands are yonex li ning victor or kason any of those i dont mind just plz help if u can thans guys

4. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

13 years is fine for getting sponsored. Take part in competitions (and win :p ), and you could get noticed. Alternatively, there are also clubs which are sponsored. You could try to join one of them.

5. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Getting sponsored at age 13 is tough. Too many manufacturers are being careful where sponsorship money is used these days.

Statistics will show that there is a massive change in the number of good players staying in badminton in UK from aged 16. It's that what else have they discovered question that takes their eye off badminton. For the lads it's usually girls and beer and not necessarily in that order.

To get sponsored you have to show that you may have something a business wants...marketability. An 11 year old showing tremendous promise, doing well at tournaments etc will attract attention for sponsorship.

An intermediate player generally does not attract a sponsor. You have to show a potential sponsor what you've won, show them what tournaments you will be playing and where you go in badminton terms to give them exposure.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

6. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    watch out for a number of reviews on my blog as I've been testing a lot of racquets today.

Paul

7. Antzdahman

n/a
    thanks paul yep u are right on one point he is really really good, we can all tell that he has a lot of potential everyone says hes gonna be a future champ.

8. Antzdahman

n/a
    ok thanks for he advice

9. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

Well, if you're looking for the old spec 4/5 stiffness BS11 with the new clearcoat design, you could always try buying from the US. If JT Sports' prices are indicative of the market price in the UK, then it's the same retail price here in the US. I'm sure there are members of the forum who can help you persuade the shop owner to ship to you.

10. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Yeah I'd be up for that. Can anyone hook me up?

11. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Tomorrow is review day. i will have some time available and intend to write my reviews of Meteor 60 and Meteor 70. That will leave me with only 6 more reviews to write.

Paul

12. Rykard

Rykard Regular Member

Hi Paul,
    do you review some lesser brand rackets too? I bought a couple from a local store and would be intrigued to know how they matched up to the 'top' brands...

Rich

13. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

I believe Paul only reviews whatever brands he has access to, i.e., Yonex + whatever the retailer he's affiliated with can provide him. Though I wish he could review more brands too, I like your reviews Paul!

14. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    BlueTornado

You are correct. I have recently tested 10 APACS racquets along with the 6 Victor racquets (tested on different days). The difficulty is that is takes some time to write a review.

Whilst I feel very priviledged to be testing these racquets i am also very conscious that my blog does not become a racquet review site. At the end of the day racquets reviews are meant to be a small part of what my blog is about. I want it to be known for its coaching content first and I'm moving too far away from that. I have about a dozen articles to write but they take longer than a racquet review.

Paul

15. Backhand_Dave

Backhand_Dave Regular Member

Back to getting back on topic! it appears as if "Reydon Sports" has picked up both Victor AND LiNing Uk distribution... :-/ any ideas if central sports still has the online exclusive to Victor ?

16. zistwar

zistwar Regular Member

Engineer
    Thanks for your reviews, Paul, they are contributing to our sport.

However, I have to say that you've tested the JS40 and unfortunately, in the same way Victor changed the BS11 flex in some Asian countries, when Schenk stopped playing the JS 40 for Babolat X-Feel Power, the JS40 becoming XT40 lost its head-heavy balance and became a different racquet.....

As far as my play is concerned, yes for the JS40, definitely no for the XT40.

Btw, we can't be the best all the time, but yes the TIW Slim is an excellent racquet and deserved to be acclaimed as the TIW 6500, both as good as a BS10, but unknown as not played by Asian competitors, being European models.

17. Antzdahman

n/a
    Paul i reallt need ur help i really wantto get sposnored by li ning in nz but i dint kniw how to and i fear i might be good enuf. Dont get the wrong idea though my technique footwork fitness all of it is great but i just havent won any major tournames or have any decent results to boast about plz reply ASAP if u can help that would be fantastic if cant i understand

18. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

You should contact your local distributors, no point in asking as far away as UK ;)

19. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

Wherever you are, the best way to get sponsorship is through results. Win tournaments.
    Even if you have perfect techniques, that won't get you sponsorship unless you can convert that into results.

The local distributor here also sponsors players that attend a lot of tournaments (whether they win a lot or not), but that's down to finding the companies that will do it.

20. Antzdahman

n/a
    So do i just ask my local li ning sponsorship guys ? Im gonna train hard first and get some decent results first so i dont get disapointed when i ask wish me luck guys an thanks a lot

#60 Antzdahman, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012