tan kim her and rexy issue

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by limsy, Jan 24, 2010.

1. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    are you sure its a one-man decision? and any reason(s) disclosed? if these are true i leave to you all bcers to figure it out...:D:D

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
  3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    hmmm, I don't know whose suggestion, that's why I asked.

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehe
    as far as what i learned
    article is on writer own opinion unless the writer quote(but he/she will state who said so)
    anyway
    there is many drama behind the screen
    so
    my recommend is:dont 100% believe on newspaper;)

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well
    yes
    rights is rights
    but the decision is correct or not,that is another issue;)

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The above is feature write up by KM Boopathy.

NSC Director has given the directive that TKH's appointment should not disrupt TC preparations. That is TKH supposed to train the back up only, any changes in coaching set up, after TC in May 2010.
    THe last para : "Although Tan Kim Her has been advised not to disrupt the Thomas Cup preparations, BAM may not have a choice but to allow the former doubles coach of South Korea and England to help Malaysia’s cause in the major team event " is the reporter's opinion.

Oh yeah, this NST reporter is in the camp that support TKH coming back(or support the person/s who appointed TKH), so that you know why they write like that. ;)

8. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    its getting very very interesting...and from the press also!

9. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Yeah, sometimes these people add "oil and sauce", which I think it is not appropriate.

10. press100

press100 Regular Member

Science Officer
    Kalau hati sudah suka

Oleh Mohd Hilmie Hussin

2010/02/09

GANGA RAO mengakui masih belum ada wang untuk membayar gaji bakal jurulatih beregu badminton negara, Tan Kim Her ketika dia terlalu mahu menggaji bekas pemain kebangsaan itu.

Katanya, Persatuan Badminton Malaysia (BAM) tetap akan menguruskan mengenai gaji dan tidak bergantung kepada Majlis Sukan Negara sehingga berakhirnya Piala Thomas, Mei depan.

"Soal penggajian Kim Her memang ada dalam perancangan kami. Jangan jadikan isu kerana sumber kewangan akan menyalur masuk," kata Setiausaha Kehormat BAM itu.

Jelasnya, semua penaja kini sedang dalam peringkat membuat pertimbangan tetapi dia yakin akan mencapai keputusan positif. Meskipun ketika dibuai keyakinan akan mendapat penaja baru, Ganga tetap akan membuat rayuan kepada MSN untuk menggaji Kim Her selepas berakhirnya Piala Thomas nanti.

Ganga dalam pada itu menafikan laporan akhbar tempatan yang memetik sumber dari persatuan negeri mengatakan gaji Kim Her mencecah RM200,000 setahun.

"Tidak, mana ada setinggi itu, jumlah itu tidak masuk akal," kata Ganga yang menafikan dakwaan itu.

"Kita ada cara untuk mengatasi masalah ini. Jika penajaan tidak capai apa yang kita mahukan, mungkin ada 'projek' BAM yang akan ditamatkan."

Ditanya kemungkinan 'projek' yang akan ditamatkan itu merujuk kepada ketua jurulatih beregu Rexy Mainaky, Ganga pantas menafikan hal itu.

Katanya, segala keraguan akan terjawab pada mesyuarat Jawatankuasa Kejurulatihan dan Latihan, dijadualkan minggu ini, yang dipengerusi Presiden BAM, Datuk Nadzmi Salleh sendiri.

I just read this article from Harian Metro today. Sorry, it is in Malay. Hopefully somebody can translate it for others. Basically the article said that Ganga Rao is the one who really want TKH to come back to Malaysia. Unfortunately, BAM have no moneys to pay for the salary for TKH until now. The hope are only on sponsorships (don't know who) but the salary will be paid until Thomas Cup only. After Thomas Cup, don't know yet. Some reports said that TKH's salary is about RM 200,000 per year but Ganga Rao denied that. As usual as always, all the doubts & questions will be answered in the BAM's meeting this week bla bla bla...The funny thing is, if BAM do not have the money, why they want to bring TKH in?
    (Sorry for my broken english, hehe)

11. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    berita harian from press100 (thank you)

translation from google:

''GANGA RAO acknowledge there is still money to pay future national badminton doubles coach, Tan Kim Her, when he too would like to employ a former national player.

He said the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) will manage the fixed salary and not depend on the National Sports Council until the end of the Thomas Cup, May future.

"Questions Kim Her employment there in our planning. Do not promote issues that will channel financial resources in," said BAM was Honorary Secretary.

Clearly, all sponsors are currently in the stage of consideration, but make sure he will achieve positive results. Although when Bakit confidence will get a new sponsor, Ganga will appeal to the MSN to employ her after the end of Kim Thomas Cup later.

Ganga in that denied local press reports quoting sources from the state association said Kim Her salary reached RM200, 000 a year.

"No, where there is high, the amount is not reasonable," said Ganga who denied the claim.

"We have ways to overcome this problem. If the sponsorship is not achieved what we wanted, there may be a 'project' that BAM will be terminated."

Questioned the possibility of 'projects' which will be terminated is referred to doubles chief coach Rexy Mainaky, Ganga quickly denied it.

Reported, all doubts will be answered in the Coaching and Training Committee meeting, scheduled this week, which is chaired BAM president Datuk Nadzmi Salleh own.''

lol have a good time with it, it's better than in malay!

12. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Rob Peter to pay Paul...don't pay LCW, WMC and WPT/CEH for SSF winnings, then can pay TKH la...:p As for sponsorship paying for TKH, err...what businessperson wants to pay for something with no promised return, you scratch my back and I scratch yours later la...

13. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The one Press100 posted was from Harian Metro. Some of the google translation is really hilarious though. After TC in May, Ganga said they will re-apply to NSC abt TKH's salary, if rejected, some BAM "projects" will be shelved/terminated. When asked is it Rexy getting the axe, Ganga immediately said no.

The Berita Harian article quotes Ganga Rao as saying there's enuf funds. - "Kami ada dana bayar gaji Kim Her" So, now is confusing :p http://www.bharian.com.my/Current_News/BH/Tuesday/Sukan/20100209054719/Article

Uncle OTB, 2008 SS FInals winnings is for LCW, KKK/TBH, WPT/CEH. 2009 one according to Harian Metro is BWF themself pay.

#53 eaglehelang, Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lol
    my opinion is that
    they dont want to let tkh fly here and there and threatening mas md:p
    the era of ljj,hjm,jjs and lyd when tkh is there
    and the england 1st ss title;)

hehe,maybe
    they want to say:we might be stupid in 2005 and 2008
    but we wont always stupid,so we sign him in 2010:p
    anyway
    signing tkh is not stupid
    but the way they sign tkh is stupid
    hehe
    and i will repeat repeat and repeat this again:p

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lol
    do they already receive the money of ssmf 2008?:rolleyes:

16. press100

press100 Regular Member

Science Officer
    Thank you for translation...:)

17. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    originally posted by eaglehelang

translation from google again:

http://www.bharian.com.my/Current_News/BH/Tuesday/Sukan/20100209054719/Article

''We have funds to pay salaries Kim Her'

Overall dimaklum be appropriate at the time: Ganga

"Everything will be informed at the appropriate time."

That strong statement of Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM), Kehormatnya Secretary, Ganga Rao on the issue that is constantly hovering about Tan Kim Her appointment as national coach - his salary payments - when sports body is facing a budget deficit.''

happy reading!

18. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    sorry the full version from eaglehelang

translation from google:

http://www.bharian.com.my/Current_News/BH/Tuesday/Sukan/20100209054719/Article

'' 'We have funds to pay salaries Kim Her'
    Overall dimaklum be appropriate at the time: Ganga

"Everything will be informed at the appropriate time."

That strong statement of Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM), Kehormatnya Secretary, Ganga Rao on the issue that is constantly hovering about Tan Kim Her appointment as national coach - his salary payments - when sports body is facing a budget deficit.

While not revealing the source of any financial or sponsorship which will fund the salary Kim Her, Ganga said, it has no action to get the resources to accommodate the payment of salary that's doubles coach.

"BAM is already taking steps (to pay wages Kim Her)," Ganga said yesterday. "BAM is not just remain silent and expect contributions from MSN (National Sports Council), which has channeled funds to many associations.

"BAM have financial resources but I can not speak more than that ... enough to state who will be informed at the appropriate time, "said Kim who is responsible for appointing her alone without reference to the Committee Coaching and Training BAM and MSN.

Time is possible that this Thursday, when BAM will provide coaching and training committee meeting - the date that eventually can be set following the 'schedule' Ganga outside the country - that would be chaired by president Datuk Nadzmi Salleh, who will determine the restructuring of existing coach.''

happy reading but keep an open mind...

19. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

my .75 ringgit sens..

From what i've read and understood, this is a classic case of BAM's revolving door of treating their hired coach(es), past, present and future. Haven't we seen this before with Li Mao? Morten Frost?...maybe Rexy is next?..

I can see the logic of BAM's goal of securing TKH away other baddy powerhouses, in case Rexy bails. While at the same time they want to collar TKH in preparation for the upcoming T&UC (e.g. to assist so Rexy has more time to concentrate on the main doubles players), if it is their goal this yr.

But i concur with OTB, coaches can only go so far. It's the players themselves who, at the end, will determine the outcome. BAM could hire Tang Xinhu away from CHN, but will the players succeed?

To me, once again, politicking (by certain individuals) is being used by BAM to achieve their goal. Am i surprised? Not one bit. Some say it's all business, but imo, there seems to be a big lack of respect for the coaches they've hired. Was it done w/the right timing? Well, we all can see it has generated a wide spectrum of PR news.
    We will see what happens in the T&UC. Should M'sia fail in their goal (whatever that may be), i'm sure finger pointing will be flying all over the place. And who else will be in the spot light if not most likely Rexy. Like Pemuda already chimed in, Rexy is probably just counting his time in M'sia National Team, waiting for that time for him to get the axe. I certainly hope that won't happen, but looking at BAM's past history, i wouldn't be surprised at all if that were to happen, once again.

Btw, I'm just curious, is Yap Kim Hock behind all this as well?:confused: As we all know, we haven't seen him for a quite a while.
    ..nokh88's link is an article, but more of an OpEd article (has a bit of biased tone). Is it a news article, i'd say only 25% of the content..

#60 ctjcad, Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2010