Glen Waverley Sat. 7:30-10:00pm Titan Badminton Club

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by ashley, Jun 1, 2006.

1. N4ruto

N4ruto Regular Member

Engineer
    Eugene, join forces with the Super Naruto. Just let me know when you want to start training. However, I only aim for the lowest Grade where possible.

2. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    OK, how about you and Eugene, play against me and Anthony this saturday .. best of 5 games ... winner gets to play in the lower grades in the next 5 tournaments :)

.. and we'll play by Anthony's rule :rolleyes:

no smashing to him
    no drop shots to him
    no trick shots in his direction

3. eugene

eugene Regular Member

IT Consultant
    @Ant Good, let's plan for it!

@Sunny Which grade you wanna participate? Let see whether the gang is going either on Sat or Sun coz B & C grade is playing on Sat and Open & A will be on Sunday. Dun play the lowest grade la....give some chance to the hunters :p

@View/n wanna challenge us? what's the handicap? let's do it on this Sat, anyhow, it's a very good practice too...

4. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    The challenge for bottom grade!

:p:p Thanks Vien, you have dragged me into another challenge!:mad:

Unfortunately it will have to be the best of 3 games, my knee is no good at the moment:( I will consider donations for 2 brand new legs if anyone doesn't want theirs:D

5. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Sorry Anthony, I've got a 3rd leg but i want to keep it .. I'm not willing to part with this spare leg ;)

If you're getting knee problems, rest it for a few weeks so that come Ballarat you're ready to go .. else it'll just get worst .. no point coming to saturday social for 3 game only.
    Besides I recon i can still win teaming up with anyone against those two trophy hunter noobies .. maybe even win teaming up with FatAshley (the worlds fatest ever badminton player according to the Guinness Book of Worlds Records, 2011 edition ) :p

6. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    hmm do you think BC will soon be replaced just by our Facebook interaction?

7. eugene

eugene Regular Member

IT Consultant
    I'm sure it will! Social media is in the trend ATM... maybe Titan need to open a twitter account to broadcast msg

8. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    I am surprised Vien, you did not post anything on here about our latest badminton success (even before we lifted up a racket!0

9. b33fy

b33fy Regular Member

Software Developer
    I think I want to try a couple more tournaments before I get too fat and old. If anyone is looking for a doubles partner please let me know. I do need lots of notice and need a partner that can cover 90% of the court and leave the remainding 10% for me. :)
    Thanks
    Bran

10. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Do you just want to play ... participate in badminton tournaments .. or win it :)

... and if you get older theres always the veteran tournament for the over 35 ... there was on in Geelong over the weekend ... I heard they're getting larger now lots of entry .. its a team event of 4 male, 4 female team .. all doubles game to 21 using the old system.

11. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Just a little slow to post these days cause busy with work and emailing the ballarat commitees ;).. and been playing/filling in weekly comps :)

With a week to go before the start of the badminton tournament season of 2011 .. and the start of my path to AWESOMENESS.... 11 trophies in 2011.
    We get this email :crying:.....

Hi Anthony and Vien,

We've had some feedback regarding the Ballarat Open & Graded entries. Our committee has asked that you play in the Open & A grade competition. I know this won't be a popular request. If it is any consolation the Open and A Grade section hasn't received any entries from our past or present national squad. Many of the top Open and A Grade players from Melbourne have chosen not to make the trip to Ballarat.

The entries can be viewed online at
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/tournament.aspx?id=30B2E04A-3710-4487-A9E3-DD62888A836A

We hope that you will still consider playing the event. If not we will organise to reinburse any paid entries fees.

Regards,
    Ballarat Badminton Association

---------

Naturally Anthony and i wasnt just going to take this outrage lying down without a fight .. so we did what we do best .. sent an onslaught of protest email arguing why we should NOT be promoted up and citing "selective" pass results :D ... and when that didnt seem to be working we even try to get them to promote Ashley and Yutao up with us .. cause if we can't get into B/C we weren't going to let them win it :p

So many many emails later and with only a few days before the tournament we got this email :) .......

-----------

ok ok ok.. So after some last minute inclusions from the National squad I've just changed the players lists to accommodate the Bui/Robinson pair into B/C grade.

Please understand that while Ballarat will allow you to play B/C I'm certain this won't be the case in Melbourne for the Vic Open and Graded and the Monash Open & Graded. See you on Sunday.

-------------

SUCCESS !!!!!!!!!! :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

P.S. Note I'm not posting the email we sent, just incase we decided to use them again for the Vic Open and/or the Monash Graded :D

or and here's a little puzzle for anyone reading this ... guess if you can work out what the number 207, and 169 means to me and Anthony ;)

12. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Yes it was our finest hour so far in the badminton world, coming back from the brink of certain defeat in Open/A grade in Ballarat to get back to our rightful spot as TEAM AWESOMENESS and DOMINATOR OF all grades below the 'good player' grades :p

As for the trivia question regarding #167 and #209, I will give our readers a clue - it has something to do with Australia and Badminton r......s (no its not roosters!):D

13. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    My first guess was going to be Roosters ...
    Is the word Ramekins ? You guys have 167 and 209 ramekins each.

Ramekins doesn't sound like the right answer, could it be :
    Reptiles
    Rhubarbs
    Rebounds
    Refugees

14. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    No social badminton this saturday 5/3/11

Just a reminder that there will be NO social badminton at Titans this Saturday 5/3/11 as many regular attendees will be at the Ballarat Tournament.

Back to usual the week after.

15. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Ballarat Graded 2011

AWESOMENESS !!!!!!
    C-Champs of Ballarat in 2011 :D:D

Anthony: C Single Winner & C Double Winner
    Vien: C Double Winner

ballarat2011-2.jpg

C Grade final

ballarat2011.jpg

Cash Prize this year in Ballarat .. no trophies :eek:

16. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    ... forgot to mention Ashley, Andrew, Eugene, Sonny .... didnt even make it to a final :p
    ... Maybe Anthony and I will need to teach you boys about how to compete in tournaments :rolleyes:

P.S. Cost of the whole Ballarat trip $300+ (petrol, food, accomodation, and entries) .. cash prize for winning Double $15 each and $20 for winning Singles .. which is still less than the entry fee :mad: not good ... but bragging rights and the excuse to be allowed back into C/B in the CBA, VIC, and Monash Graded ... priceless :D

.. sorry Eugene .. me and Anthony make it look easy, but as you found out winning a tournament in Victoria isnt that easy :) ... is cause we're AWESOME :D !!!

17. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

NO TROPHY!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Hahahahahahahahahaha...... :D

18. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    yeah yeah very funny, yes unfortunately this year Ballarat assoc have gone back to their no trophy policy :)mad::mad::mad:), but at least not cutlery or shavers, --> we have never seen PRIZE MONEY for C grade before and rightly cashed in hehe!:D

ahhh back in the winner's circle, the C champs are BACK!!!:cool: With so much cash, I am quitting my day job and turning pro, with my total badminton prize money of $35 I can even buy one dinner:eek: Now if I play about 400+ points and win each day for the next 28,572 days I will be a millionaire from C grade badminton, but if Ballarat only do it and allow us back to C grade each year, I have to live 28,572 years to earn the mil:p:p

Man so hard this year, each singles match best of 3 sets to 21. Lucky for me, only had the one tough game, which happened to be the semi final - big thankyou to Greg for giving me the good tactics to beat that indian guy THANKS GREG IF U READING THIS:):):)

My first singles title since June 2008!!! Still some energy left in these old man legs:rolleyes:

19. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Hey Vien, checked my ranking, now its 163!! but funny no points from Ballarat as didn't play Open/A grade haha!:eek:

Did you check the results, our doubles total points was 146-86!! no-one got above 18 against us after our first "loss":p

And so my great Ballarat run continues:
    2011 - C doubles & singles winner
    2010 - B doubles winner
    2009 - B singles and C mixed runnerups (we lost to Jacky and Chris in A grade doubles that year:crying:)
    2008 - B doubles winner (with Vincent)
    2007 - B doubles winner (with Leong)
    2006 - no idea
    2005 - B singles and mixed runnerup

20. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Yeah ... interesting, Badminton Australia have increase both our ranking :confused: .... 163 in singles and 202 in double ... highest ranking C grade players ever :)

Ranked the same as Aaron and Dee still in double .. and they actually try to improve themself :) ... wonder whats going on with the ranking system ????