Will Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong do better without Rexy Mainaky?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Sep 3, 2011.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Rexy is now the chief coach of the WD and XD teams

You haven't read the reshuffle made by BAM (yesterday) that I have posted?;

http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v5/newsindex.php?id=612306

Rexy is now the chief coach of the WD and XD teams. Pang will now be assisting Tan Kim Her, the now chief coach of the MD players.

2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Three heads to coach Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong

Source: http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/9/9/sports/9456548&sec=sports

====== * ====== parts of article ====== * ======

Ng Chin Chai said it is better to have three heads (Tan Kim Her, Pang Cheh Chang and Rosman Razak) to help Kien Keat-Boon Heong.

Their immediate goal will be to get Kien Keat-Boon Heong on the right track for the (2012) London Olympic Games.

The committee, however, sent out a strong message to Kien Keat-Boon Heong.

We may have made the changes to suit them but we want them to know that whether they succeed or fail depends on them. They must make sacrifices, work hard and own up. We will talk to them to ensure that they will be committed and disciplined,” said Chin Chai.

====== * ====== parts of article ====== * ======

3. KillerQT

KillerQT Regular Member

Hmmm seems 3 chef will cook 1 dish. What will be it's taste? Interesting... Anyway, the hot potato is with KKK/TBH now. It's a pressure for them. They asked for it so better perform well.

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

[h=2]Sweeping changes[/h] By K.M. Boopathy

2011/09/09

TAN Kim Her will take over from Rexy Mainaky as the head coach of the men's doubles squad while the former Olympic champion is now the women's and mixed doubles chief coach.
    The sweeping changes were announced by the BA of Malaysia (BAM) coaching and training committee (CTC) yesterday, which also said the elite and back-up doubles squads will be merged. The same applies to the singles squads.

Kim Her, who is currently the back-up doubles chief coach, will handle the combined squad of eight pairs, including Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong, and will be assisted by Pang Cheh Chang and Rosman Razak.

CTC chairman Ng Chin Chai also confirmed that while Kien Keat-Boon Heong's request to train under Cheh Chang had been given consideration, the committee felt that Kim Her should have the final say.

The combined singles squad will have Rashid Sidek as the chief coach and he will be assisted by Tey Seu Bock, Hendrawan and Hazwan Jamaluddin.

Chin Chai said this is to ensure Lee Chong Wei gets the benefit of sparring with a bigger group of players in his bid to win gold at the London Olympics.

"We didn't achieve our target at the World Championships and after discussing and receiving feedback from relevant parties, we decided on these changes with the target being gold in the Olympics," said Chin Chai.

"Kim Her will take charge of the combined men's doubles squad while Rexy will take over the women and mixed doubles squads with designated assistants while Rashid is the head coach of the men's singles.

"The move is to help Chong Wei and Kien Keat-Boon Heong get quality sparring while it will also help the younger players improve.

"Rashid can request for as many young players as he wants to help Chong Wei and it will be the same for Kim Her. We believe this is the way forward and will certainly enhance our preparation for the Olympics.

"Kien Keat-Boon Heong's main target is to reach the top four in the world ranking when the qualifying period ends (on April 30) as this will give them a better chance of reaching the semi-finals in London.

"We have not decided that Cheh Chang will be the specific coach for Kien Keat-Boon Heong. This will be decided once Kim Her returns (from the Taiwan Open). Cheh Chang will definitely train the duo but there is a possibility that Kim Her and Rosman will also be involved in their training.

"Rexy's target is to ensure that one mixed doubles and Wong Pei Tty-Chin Eei Hui qualify for the Olympics. It will be a very good achievement if he can guide Pei Tty-Eei Hui to the semi-finals.

"CTC will also propose to the BAM council that a special Olympic project management committee be formed to monitor the preparation for the London Olympics. The committee will be headed by a senior executive council member and will comprise members from BAM, National Sports Council (NSC) and National Sports Institute (NSI)."

Rexy took the change as a challenge and said he will be focused on helping Pei Tty-Eei Hui qualify for the Olympics, while also guiding Jeremy Gan to do likewise in ensuring Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying achieve the same in the mixed doubles.

"Everything has been in the dark for a couple of weeks and it has finally ended. At least, I know what is my responsibility and it is a different challenge for me. Pei Tty-Eei Hui will be retiring after the Olympics and I want them to qualify and also do well in London," said Rexy.

The CTC also confirmed the Sea Games squad with Liew Daren, Arif Latif, Chong Wei Feng, Goh Soon Huat, Lim Khim Wah, Goh V Shem, Hoon Thien How, Ong Jian Guo, Ong Soon Hock and Mak Hee Chun forming the men's team.

The women's team comprises Tee Jing Yi, Lydia Cheah, Yang Li Lian, Sonia Cheah, Vivian Hoo, Woon Khe Wei, Chong Sook Chin, Lim Yin Loo, Marylen Ng and Pai Pei Jing.

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/lkn33d/Article/art_print

5. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Rexy was a proven baddy legend and the intensity he and Ricky played the game was a product of their tough training and hardwork, there is no other way. Ditto for LD, LCW, FHF/CY, these players train hard to be what they are today. KKK/TBH attitude, jesting, slow, physically out of shape tell us how they trained, they will blown away 5 straight times by KOR 2nd pair, who are simply speed and power and in post game interview said they read TBH/KKK game clearly. Simply put, KKK/TBH cannot take Rexy training method, too demanding and too hard.
    So go blame the coach, I suggest to look at the mirror, the problem is with the players. So with Rexy KKK/TBH got AG gold, AE gold, WC silver...so let's see in 11 month time, whether the brilliance (or nutcase) of NCC in assigning 3 coaches to train KKK/TBH, is it gold or early KO...NCC better pray they don't meet their 5 straight times conqueror at OLY12, then I dunno who NCC will blame this time...maybe blame a Sidek, just any Sidek since they are so many of them in BAM anyway:D:p

6. flite

flite Regular Member

All the reshuffles and re-designations of coaches seemed to be heading in a backward direction. It was like throwing under performed employees around to different department heads who has yet to prove their worth (some proven failure) and hope for miracle to happen. But it should be alright for them as local defected products should be own-up by unrecognized local manufacturers.

The only good news is that the WD and XD department is going to have an established imported operator.

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    The recent WC has shown that that passion and fire in KKK/TBH was somehow not there anymore. KOR's second MD made mince meat out of them. I tend to agree with OTB that perhaps this top MAS pair has not worked hard enough to justify Rexy's devotion to them.

Just compare them with the top 'veteran' CHN duo and you can see the difference in their approach and focus in the game.

There is little hope in KKK/TBH winning the London Olympic gold. It has become worse with the latest changes unless the pair really bucks up and becomes more serious in wanting the title.

#47 Loh, Sep 9, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

This time, BAM is throwing coaches around

I am thinking the other way around; This time, BAM is throwing coaches around, not the players.

All this happened after Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong requested to part ways with Rexy Mainaky. :eek::eek::eek:

9. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

these 2 guys are just not good enough, as simple as that. they'd a good year in 2007, that's all about it. since then they'd won 3 t'ments and none of them are considered as majors. once at home and twice against the fairly average DEN pair, MB/CM.

winning the olympics gold! dream on. such an excellent coach as Rexy just wasted on them.

10. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Uncle, only 1 Sidek left in BAM, Misbun left

11. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

why not just get Gil (the legendary lady badminton commentator) to coach them.. i think she nailed it when she pointed out what's the problem with these two boys... everytime....

12. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Misbun is smart to leave. :) Rexy was smiling to the photographers after the meeting. Boy oh boy.. we is
    not a happy man. Well hail BAM the paymaster.

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Rexy was smiling to the photographers after the meeting

Rexy Mainaky shouldn't be worried; He has many other countries offering him a coaching position to join them. :):):)

14. Khai_AS10

Khai_AS10 Regular Member

Project Basis
    for me better change player than coach since the coach being world champ so many time lor.....

15. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    If NCC is a chef cooking chow kwai teoh, first he burnt the damn thingie, then change recipe and undercook them, change again and just as clueless pray the chow kwai teoh turns out good. This fellow has no business managing badminton and just as guilty are those just-as-clueless-Datuks (boss) who appoint him and let him run this business to the ground and NCC getting paid huge amount of tax-payer $$$.
    If I am Rexy, coaching the women team has the bright side. The women team is expected not to do well, just to qualify for OLY12 is an achievement, so if Rexy can do it, that enhance his stock to turn around an underperforming team, and he will be courted to coach elsewhere. If he can't, well, the women team is no good to begin with anyway.
    TBH/KKK has their best days past them, now is downhill and gathering speed with 3 coaches and less than 11 months to get their act together. Rexy should be happy NCC provides Rexy with a perfect exit and pass the blame to TKH, and Rexy can still enjoy his RM180K salary and locked in for 2 more years...No wonder Rexy is laughing, I ROFLOL too if I am Rexy and watch this circus show imploding.

#55 OneToughBirdie, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  16. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    KKK will retire become fashion model after 2012...

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Moving Rexy to be their chief coach of MAS WD and XD teams

IMHO, the MAS Womens and Mixed Doubles teams are the groups needing a top coach. Therefore, moving Rexy to be their chief coach will be of great benefit to them.

Let's see if there can be an improvement in standard for MAS in the next Sudirman Cup (2013). :):):)

18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Tan Kim Her said: "I do not know"

When Tan Kim Her returned from the 2011 Taiwan Open yesterday, he found out he is now the coach of Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong. :D:D:D

Article: http://www.hmetro.com.my/articles/2011091123532420110911235324/Article

'I do not know'

By Mohd Hussin Hilmie
    mohdhilmie@hmetro.com.my

Monday 12-September-2011

(Translated by Google);

Head coach of the new men's doubles, Tan Kim Her has not planned anything at eight coupling trainer and assistant coach under the two operations.

He recently returned from the Taiwan Open pleaded not know anything about the planning of the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) and will refer to the management association.

"I do not know what to do, let me meet with the Chairman of the Coaching and Training (C & T) Ng Chin Chai (Honorary Secretary of BAM)) and Kenny Goh (General Manager) before to explain my role," said Kim Her.

Yet he regarded the action unites the doubles in a group is the most intelligent.

"Now there is no group of elite and junior and I think it is better for each player or coach will mutually help one another." When asked which of his, Pang Cheh Chang and Rosman Razak will train key doubles Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong after coupling was asked to be placed under Chang Cheh, he insisted undecided.

"At the moment I looked like a need to train all the players and assisted Cheh Chang and Rosman. Let me see Chin Chai and Kenny first to find out what their plans, "said Kim Her.

Kim Her statement clearly reveals that the coach should be part of the C & T did not know of any decisions made during a meeting of the committee ituapa longer be the only two coaches about Tey Seu Bock and Rexy Mainaky in the country.

The new structure of coaching and training will start today after a meeting of C & T on Thursday decided not to train Rexy men's doubles but the women's doubles and mixed.

Structural changes occurred through the insistence of coaching Kien Keat-Boon Heong, who expressed a desire to no longer practice under Rexy after the last World Championships and demands were made for both players to the management association.

Structural changes are according to BAM in accordance with its mission to see players won gold medals at the 2012 London Olympics.

19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

'Hair' model???for saloon?

20. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

So their 1st match in china will be against the chinese pair. I expect them to win in that match;)