Glen Waverley Sat. 7:30-10:00pm Titan Badminton Club

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by ashley, Jun 1, 2006.

1. N4ruto

N4ruto Regular Member

Engineer
    I'll take extra insurance protection in case we got fried. :)

2. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    I am hiding behind Greg, he is our biggest player we have :p

3. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    I think Greg's playing for them, he was lure over to the dark side with promises of eternal life and romance prospect with one of there many pretty vampire boys :p

4. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Dont know who you are Dolphin, but i like the way you trash talk :D .. this friendly is becoming more interesting .. well better put in my application to play in it, now .. approval sometimes takes a long while to confirm ... how does Ashley and Anthony manage to continue playing badminton living under the same autocratical system I now find myself in :rolleyes:

P.S. Personally I think all Nemesis players are already "special" ;)

#864 vienb, Jun 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  5. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    I cannot believe you openly say that about QA :eek:. The reason Anthony and I manage to continue to play is that we make other compromises and never ever openly state things like calling our partners a tyrant (at least not in open forums like this where she may be lurking). In fact before I was married I played badminton much more, you're not even married and she has already cut down your badminton time :(. WHAT, YOU NEED PERMISSION !!!:crying: The approval system does not apply until you are married.

You make a lousy role model for would be trophy hunters, I even go so far as petitioning you be banned for all future tournament grades from C grade and below :D.

6. Dolphin

Dolphin Regular Member

Electronics Engineer, Transport Systems
    my definition of "special players" is players who do not usually play for/at the club in question, but are drafted in for interclub matches with the sole aim of enhancing that club's chances of victory - what some others call "imports". but you're certainly free to define "special" however you like; the wackier the more interesting.

a few clicks is all it takes to know who i am. anyway, i was one of those who took the coveted C-grader spots against SS (the only section that did delivered that night - though frankly anyone from Titans would have done the same if put in that grade) :D:D

7. Dolphin

Dolphin Regular Member

Electronics Engineer, Transport Systems
    as long as the other half does not read these forums that's alright... and if she hates badminton so much she probably won't ;)

8. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Lamb.jpg Vs. Butcher.jpg

yeap, it will be lamb to the slaughters ;) ... dont worry about wearing a titan shirt Anthony, you'll need to be in kevlar for this friendly :p

9. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    I've been lucky that most things i post here never get back to the people those posting refer to :D ....... and dont buy into anything Ashley type .. he's just in denial about his oppressed situation .. unlike him i'm still playing in badminton tournaments :p .. and fingers cross still able to play in many many more C-grade tournaments :)

10. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    woah that is a very scary slaughterman - must be from a zombie computer game? My friendly local butcher looks nothing like that :) He has a curly moustache and big round jolly belly...no wait am mixing him up with {insert ur favourite}

I had a quick spy on Nemesis training this afternoon, wore non-badminton attire, so they didn't recognise me hehe:cool: After seeing their performance, I doubt we even need to use our main racket hand :p

Hey Vien, Ashley is 100% right, the Approval System, does not take effect legally until you put a ring on her finger (no - not a plastic one:)). As gf/bf, I think I played 4 times a week, so you better tread carefully, because if she has prematurely enforced the Approval System on your badminton now, by the time you are married, best retire your rackets, as will only be allowed to play once a month after that:eek:

Toni doesn't lurk on Badminton Central cause she sees badminton as an evil curse that has possessed me and is slowly ruining her life and soon Amy's too HAHA! All things touched by badminton she will avoid like the plague trust me, so in some ways this is my cunning plan and only expression of true badminton freedom :crying:

11. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    The only reason I don't play competitions is that I work on most weekends.

And that last comment "and fingers cross still able to play in many many more C-grade tournaments" sounds a bit lame. What you meant to say is "I hope she is in a good mood after I have done all the chores around the house and she lets me out for a few hours to attend the badminton tournament":p

12. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    Yeah Vien, that's pretty scary. Shouldn't you be banned for putting R18+ pictures on the forum. This time the ban should be for longer.

13. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Dont be too confident about winner yet. Nemesis still have to advantages ...

1. Their loud crowd support, I'm the only one at Titan that actually do better when there's a hostile and vocal crowd watching on ... some say i thrive on negativity :D
    2. We have Ashley playing for us, with him on our side we can easily snatch defeat from the teeth of victory :rolleyes:

Lucky for u guys theres a thinker amongst us .. me :p .. I've got the perfect plan to counter their advantages .. to muffle out their crowd support .. I've ordered us a box load of those South African vuvuzela.
    1174-0-0-0_358852.jpg

and two to stop Ashley giving the win to Nemesis .. we'll get him to play for them ;)

14. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    I like number 2. Very creative.

15. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    Vien you don't thrive on negativity. We talk crap about you all the time, but you still get beaten at Titans/Foxy.

Those horn things are really irritating. They sound like constant mosquitoes on the TV. But that is a good idea, where can you get those things ?

16. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Nahhh I am more old school, this is my new badminton attire for the friendly:) And before you tell me the racquet is a little oversized - WHERE in the ''rule book'' can I not use a massive racquet, let alone a shield and chain armour??

BADME1.png

17. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    See you even think like Nemesis ... sook about everything i say/type, try to get me ban from BC and C-Grade :D .. you really should play for them :p

18. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Ebay my young padawan .. it is where you can buy anything and everything .. at a price :) .. those simple platic horn are very very expensive .. ~$30 bucks each including delivery .. or 10 for $100 .. any body want to chip in with me?

19. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Hey I strive on negative crowd support too, after the match I wait in the carpark with my M-16 stolen from the base and go postal on them all hehe:cool:

Such a waste, a lot of the Nemesis support crowd are hot chicks, something Titans are desparately lacking, though we do have an abundance of prosthetic supports, wheelchairs and walking sticks to wave in their faces instead:p

Now now Vien, Ashley has only put the voodoo on our club 9 out of the last 10 interclub matches, the 10th one, he was away hehe:D If you have to dress up as Marilyn Munroe and sing Happy Birthday Mr Titan President to him to rouse his spirits, then don't let me stand in the way of Titan victory:rolleyes:

Kudos to you on that magnificent horn idea, that will totally deafen them, their players and us, so we can all change to the paraolympics and win GOLD for Australia!

20. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, the rules state the maximum racket size is 680 milleters long and 230 millimeters at its widest point. The stringed area must not be larger than 280 millimeters in length and 220 millimeters in width. No kidding.