Glen Waverley Sat. 7:30-10:00pm Titan Badminton Club

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by ashley, Jun 1, 2006.

1. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    ... as a naturally talented badminton player, i can use a golf club and still be able to smash really hard :p ....... well after trying everybody's racket last night ... it looks like the Lee Chong Wei one's is for me then .. surprising since i normally hate the head heavy rackets .. if only there was a way i can write it off as a work expense for next years tax return :rolleyes: .. i know I'll say its an Anti-Virus tool which i use to remove Nemesis Malware from C grade tournaments :)

2. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
  3. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    ... thats the second biggest badminton shuttlecock I've ever seen :rolleyes:

Good news everyone ... I'm on the brink of braking the 10 trophies in a calendar year barrier. :)

With 3 weeks plus finals left to go in the CBA Monday A Grade Single and Wednesday Double competition .. both my teams have won enough for the season to go directly into the final .. hence guarantying at least 2 runner up trophies.:D

** Trophy image to be inserted **

Trophy Count 2010 = 9 + (3Medallion)

...... Just one more trophy for the glory ... will anyone be able to stop me in the JT/RMIT tournament ;)

4. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
  5. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    I hope the your pals (Nemesis) enter all their players just to stop you at the JT/RMIT tournament. Don't let fat boy Vien get any more trophies.

6. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Enter all they like, I'm so determine to get that last trophy that I'm actually training hard and getting fit for it :) ....... have been walking a heck of a lot ... 10+ hours since Thursday .. mostly from Christmas shopping .. but I still count that as training :rolleyes: ... Shy woke me up early today after I stayed up to 4 am to watch the Wallabies lose to the Poms :mad: .. for 9 hours straight of sunday badminton social ....... 2 hours at Deakin Uni, 4 hours at Monash Uni then 3 hours at Altona social to end the day :)

.. and I will continue this sunday badminton marathone for the next 2 weekend :D .. added I might even do the same on Saturday .. and I still have the CBA comp to play Monday and Wednesday ... my BMI already drop abit ... at this rate you'll be calling me skinny Vien by the time the RMIT tournament begins ;)

.. and besides I wont be teaming up with Niti or Anthony for the RMIT tournament ... have a stronger partner line up to stack things in my favour :D .. I shall win !! .. at lease 1 trophy anyway :rolleyes:

7. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Yes Vien that C grade doubles at RMIT tournament next week will be YOURS:D

8. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    I might just show up to cheer for the opponents. :p

9. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    The RMIT fixture is out .....

http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/tournament.aspx?id=9CD2140B-244B-44C9-8195-25383A576A3B

.. and No Vien in C grade .. just someone named Yikia, that look's like Vien, but only with a thick moustache and a greek accent ;)

.. hehehe .. and look in C single a couple of unaware Nemesis Terry's thats going to get flogged by him again .. opps, I mean flogged by him for the first time :D

So Ashley you can come out and support Yikia .. cause I wont be there .. technically :rolleyes:

10. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    this is one of the best surprise attack plans since the Pearl Harbour :)

11. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Our counter intelligence plan is working better then what the Allies had on D-Day :D
    Nearly everyone's believing that rumour we started about us being interstate working this weekend ;) ... anyway, Jacky's just emailed the final fixture .. and my .. I mean Yikia's first scalp in C single is going to be your old mate, 2nd seed Nemesis contaminated Terry :rolleyes:

12. llCCll

llCCll Regular Member

Tsk Tsk...btw, the fixture has been changed again. "Yikai" is in a different group now haha.

13. N4ruto

N4ruto Regular Member

Engineer
    Due to the dark nature of intel services, we have silently infiltrated the D doubles and prevented the Nemesis dominance in this category.

14. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    ... mighty good work N4ruto .. whom ever you are for continuing a fine and noble tradition of Nemesis virus inoculation :)

Now that the weekend is over I can announce that its official

Trophy Count 2010 = 10 + (3 Medallion + 1 SportStadium gift voucher)

... and that 10th trophy come with a record price tag as well :rolleyes: .. but it's worth it :D

2010 Trophy Record.jpg

...details of the Sydney hunting trip will be posted later today :)

15. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    I am glad that I was able to stop you getting to 11 trophies. Next year I will have a few more opportunities to stop you again.:D

16. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    no Ash, he claims the B grade runner up as a trophy...we both got flogged out of C grade quarter finals in singles and doubles :( WHO said Sydney level was one grade lower than Melbourne??????? grrrrrrrrrrrrrr :O

17. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    You didn't stop me, it was Andrew that did the damage .. and besides B runners up gets a trophy with their name edged on it as well :p
    Just consider youself lucky you didnt try to take me on at the nets, like that tall guy did in the semi, look what happen to him ;)

... and why are there so many people entering in tournaments only motivated in beating me and not on winning the tournament itself :confused:

Kitty even got Andrew to enter with her in C grade mens double the next day
    (yes you read right, in Sydney plenty of women were playing in the mens event ... Anthony and I were hoping to do the reverse next year and enter their womens events .. D grade womens events :D)
    ... just to try and stop me and Anthony from winning it .. but they failed, they didnt even make it out of their pool, Anthony and I got piped in the quarters, we lost on their points system :crying: .. lost the first game, won the second, since there was no third game we lost on overall points .. 2 stinking points :rolleyes:

With the super slow shuttle, extreme humidity and temperature, and strong opposition I reckon this would be the toughest B and C grade I've played yet.

.. and what about Kitty, for so long has she looked down upon me and Anthony for playing in C men double .. calling us disgraceful trophy hunters and such, saying how embarrass she was to know us ...... and now she herself enters in a C mens double event :rolleyes: .. and not even making it out of the pool stage :p ... tsk tsk tsk .. go back to ladies Open grade Kitty, its easier then mens C grade :)

#1057 vienb, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  18. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Finally got the CBA trophy last night :)

Photo0373.jpg

Had Andrew filled in for Niti who is still in Sydney, with opposition screaming foul and accusing me of cheating by having a stronger fillin .. again :rolleyes:

... hoping to team up with Andrew in more C and B grades in 2011 :D, since he got a taste of it in Sydney .. maybe he too will get the bite from the easy trophy bug .. since I've never team up with him in tournaments before, we may be able to enter in C grade :)

Aiming for 11/11 (11 trophy in 2011) .. with atlease one of every grade D,C,B and A :D ...

#1058 vienb, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  19. N4ruto

N4ruto Regular Member

Engineer
    Andrew as your partner? Serious?

Anyway, looking forward to meeting you in any C Doubles in 2011....:D

20. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler

Me and Andrew will meet you on the C battle ground in 2011 :p

Below is the CBA - Section 1 trophy won tonight :D

cbaS22010.jpg

and here's artistic photo of the Stadium Sport gift voucher from Sydney ... unfortunately will have to wait for them to deliver the actual trophy :(

Photo0361.jpg