Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Voltric

Voltric Regular Member

At least Misbun took copious notes.

2. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    That's right. Why not TSB and RS? Several Chinese coaches do that as well. Why won't they? Rexy too take notes (when he was still coaching Koo-Tan, not sure if he still do in WD).

3. S.fusion

S.fusion Regular Member

one of the best replies I have seen in BC.com

4. S.fusion

S.fusion Regular Member

duplicate post

5. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

CW's defeat to LD was due to fatigue!!!

LCW and his coach further clarified today at KL that CW's continuos loss to LD, starting from WC, was due to fatigue!

See link below:http://sports.sinchew-i.com/node/20284

Ok, CW used a lot of energy in defeating all opponent in 2 sets prior to facing LD (who must saved a lot of energy by sometimes defeat his opponent in long 3 sets), so suddenly became fatigue when playing LD...

So fans please no more blame on mental issues, ok? It's fatigue!!!

6. S.fusion

S.fusion Regular Member

what a lame excuse!!!!!

next time we may hear tht LCW's pet dog is sick when LCW loses again to you-know-who.

bad planner, bad team and to put it simply just a bad management team around LCW.

solution> change team, hire foreign experts in mental conditioning, physiotherapist, nutritionists etc (i assure you Malaysia definitely has tht kind of the money to burn)

#6886 S.fusion, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    but they opt to save the money in their own pocket
    hehe

8. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

That's really more like because of "fatigue" !!! :D

9. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    boleh.....................! lol. long time didn't use this. ;)

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Tey Seu Bock said: No cause for alarm

Tey Seu Bock has replied to your question cobalt, :D:D:D

By K. M. Boopathy
    06 December 2011

LEE Chong Wei may not be able to win the World Super Series Finals in Liuzhou, China on Dec 14-18 but national coach Tey Seu Bock is unperturbed by the current dip in form of the World No 1.

Having reached 10 straight finals in as many months, Chong Wei suffered a double blow in the semi-finals of the Hong Kong Open and China Open to Lin Dan.

However, Seu Bock said it is virtually impossible for any shuttler, including Lin Dan, to do what Chong Wei had done until October and that the tough schedule will only end after the Super Series Finals.

Chong Wei is expected to cross swords again with Lin Dan, the third seed, and his new challenger from China, the second-seeded Chen Long, but Seu Bock will not be particularly bothered even if his charge returns without the title.

"Chong Wei has reached 10 finals in a row while Lin Dan has been withdrawing from competitions and has also lost early in several events. Chen Long only started doing well after the World Championships (in August)," said Seu Bock yesterday.

"Chong Wei's workload has been heavy and he is exhausted. Even if he loses in the Super Series Finals, it is not the time to panic as our main objective, the London Olympics, is another nine months away.

"It is better that Chong Wei suffers a few disappointments now rather than go through a lean patch next year when the Olympics draws closer.

"He should be able to return to top condition again by February.

"We are not putting any pressure on him to win every time he plays.

"Chong Wei is not at his best while Lin Dan and Chen Long are in peak condition.

"If Chong Wei can still beat them or take them the distance in Liuzhou, it will be good enough."

Chong Wei will have less than 10 days to prepare for the Super Series Finals while Lin Dan is expected to go for a hat-trick after winning in China and Hong Kong.

But as far as Seu Bock is concerned, the Olympics remains the main goal, so the minor pitfalls along the way will not distract Chong Wei.

Source: http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badminton/seu-bock-no-cause-for-alarm-1.15679#ixzz1fxBYU1r6

11. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    TSB would have collected enough money even if LCW fails. Smart fellow. ;)

12. visor

visor Regular Member

Indeed an excellent post!

IMO what you meant by "pushing himself out of his comfort zone" is that he needs to be pushed beyond his current status quo (which obviously is not working out) to the point where he'll come to realize that he needs to change his way of thinking, training, tactics etc. He hasn't reached that point yet. But if and when he does (hopefully sooner than later), then there'll be a paradigm shift that'll transform him for the better. I was hoping these few rather sad defeats by LD would be the agent of change for him to push himself out of his current comfort zone, but I'm not sure... only time will tell in the next few months.

It won't be easy for him, as he's facing not only himself, but also the "great wall of China" in LD and his compatriots in the incredibly finely honed CBA system. At the moment, his one and only chance of beating LD is only when LD is not playing his best and that is a rare occasion.

#6892 visor, Dec 8, 2011
  13. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Every time they say Olympics is the main goal. That comes once in 4 years. Weird. Wake up guys!

14. KooGuy

KooGuy Regular Member

Never mind losing, Lee already has 'Datuk' tile. What else will he get by wining the Olympic?

15. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Net Play and Counter Attack
    I think if LD had not existed or if his was older or younger and not playing at the same time as LCW, then probably most of LCW's fans and current critics would be praising TSB, BAM or whoever would have been his coach and team and they would be considered geniuses.

I think it's quite clear that LD is the superior player and that LCW will be catching up to LD for the perceivable future. I think LCW fan's do him a disservice by constantly belittling him and his team. Not only does LCW have to beat someone BETTER than him, he also has the added pressure of being the hope of an entire country. If he fails to meet these obligations he is gets flak from an entire country. I doubt his shoulders are strong enough to carry such a burden and it adds unnecessary pressure on LCW.

Ultimately the only thing LCW can do is play consistently at his very best, but victory is still going to be determined more by LD current form and motivation. So I think his fans should look to LCW as the underdog, rather thinking that he is the front-runner who is being dragged down by his mental state and/or bad team management. I think if LCW’s fans adjusted their expectations to reflect the real ranking of men’s singles then they will understand why it’s unfair to criticize LCW and his team so much.

16. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

That is very true. The LCW fans who have been insisting that LD's wins have been dirty tactics are ignoring the fact LD has proven them wrong with the previous 3 consecutive wins without any help which the LCW fans suggest all the time when there is a LD-LCW meet up. The win record will continue, and depending on LD's will and form at any one time, that will be the only blimps that will result in LCW winning.

But of course, the fans turn out to be one of the most ignorant people of the bunch so I don't think there will be much change with the trash talking we see all the time.

17. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    With respect, I disagree with the premise of V1lau's post. Here's why.

By the same argument, Lin Dan and others should never have striven or become part of a huge effort to find a way to overwhelm Taufik in his heyday. They could simply have said :Ahhh, Taufik is the best, so natural lah, magic lah, never mind, silver is a nice colour."

If LCW's achievements are to be considered in the light of Lin Dan's overwhelming presence, then I think you guys are doing a disservice to LCW and all sportspersons who strive in every way possible to achieve the very best at any time that they play. I don't think for a moment that LCW would agree with your sentiments, though they come from a well-meaning place in your heart. And again, I stress, the main issue is the total mismanagement of LCW, his talent, his presence at the top for too many years. The backroom support from an intelligence-gathering, assimilating and evaluating, and using that for strategizing/planning has been starkly absent. The focus has been on training, physical tune-up, scheduling, pep talks, discussions with coaches, photo ops, plane tickets. LCW will take care of the rest.

That's not exactly how LD became what he is today. I will say this clearly: Were it not for LYB and his shrewd, prescient handling of LD in the 2004-2006 time-frame, and the resources he then threw at LD and at the objective of using all his resources ruthlessly, knowing he was true champion material albeit volatile, LD would have been history by 2007. LYB pulled out all the stops, he left nothing to chance. Among other things, he took LD's innate self-confidence bordering on arrogance and turned it into an asset. He reaped his rewards ever since.

Besides, why exactly would anyone want to praise BAM, even if LCW won Gold at the WC or OG? I would not hesitate to say, as I have said in the past, that LCW has achieved what he has so far despite what he has to put up with everyday from those bozos. He is a national treasure but he was treated almost like a commodity. Consider: apart from LCW and a few KKK/TBH titles, what has MAS badminton achieved with any degree of consistency over the past 19 years?

I don't think LCW was ever the sharpest knife in the drawer. All the more reason for BAM to have acted wisely, professionally, dispassionately, and without allowing personal or narrow agendas/motives to dictate or colour their actions. Instead, they made him the poster boy and spent more time manipulating him and everyone around him, confident that they could ride the wave of his success.

Again, this is not about LCW being incapable. This is more about LCW having been made impotent over a period of time through neglect of key aspects of his mental make-up. To my mind, LCW is a champion, and in pure terms of being a badminton player, every bit as good as LD. The difference is in the aura; the mind; the "energy." His diminishes every time he faces LD; LD's grows every time he faces LCW. LCW's people could not have missed it, a long time ago. They just made the mistake of assuming that the badminton player in LCW would take care of it. They betrayed him. This truth I will carry to my grave.

PS. Apologies for the monologue! :D

#6897 cobalt, Dec 8, 2011
  18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    LCW needs his coach and BAM to tell him that he is better than LD

Agree... At tournaments, when we get a LD-vs-LCW match, we find when coming out onto the court, LD would march out with full of confidence. OTOH, LCW would softly walked in (showing less confidence).

Just watching their body languages, it's not a surprise that LCW would not win the match.

IMHO, LCW needs his coach and BAM to tell him that he is better than LD.

19. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Once a player is on court, he is on his own... Resources were only the build up part.Take the latest Man United loss in ECL to the small club Basel, resources-wise, Basel is never comparable to ManU, but their players played with confidence and desire, even admitting that they are the underdog...Even this is what their coach told them to do, it is the player's character to upkeep the desire on court, if u lapse, u collapse. It couldn't help even wih the coach (like Ferguson) yelling on courtside..

20. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I think Tong XF said to LD a few months before Beijing Olypmics that "you are the best badminton player in the world" or something similar... does anyone else remember this?