Victor Brave Sword Lee Yong Dae 2011 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tranphuloc, Dec 14, 2011.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

LYD's racket promotional video..
    [video=youtube;cIVT9mPjwFA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIVT9mPjwFA[/video]

2. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I am really keen to watch LCW promotional video with VTZF. The video will be featured by LCW & LD in a match playing a long rally. At the end of the rally, LCW smashes hard to LD, with LD unable to defend it, since there was barely anything left of the shuttle on LD court, LCW had crushed the shuttle :p..

3. JukUx

JukUx Regular Member

Where can I see the video of him doing that? crushing the shuttle on a smash that is :p I am so curious to see!

4. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Lol, he says: people move towards head light balanced rackets
    What I interpret: More and more people move TO head light balanced rackets
    What I did NOT interpret: People move to head lightER rackets - as you've interpret it probably correctly from start on

I just found Paul's postings suspicious, because the last few postings didn't consist any real contents. We all do a little spam here and there - no problem! -, but imho it looked like too much spam with hidden advertising. That was my impression.

It wasn't an offense against his reviews, because I've never mentioned his reviews in any comments. That's what also was confusing in his reply. His reviews are great, nobody would criticize them:rolleyes:

There's nothing more to add from myself. So, just don't be cuckoo, thunder.tw *lol* - if there's anything to say, its Paul who should write, not you ;)
    Eventhough there's nothing more to add, my PM-box is free for you, Paul, just to avoid a little bit offtopic in this thread.

5. alala

alala Regular Member

student
    Has anyone tried the BS LYD 4u?

6. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    im considering buying the lyd.... used to 3u's normally...... should i go for familiarity and stick with 3u? hk also do the 4u version....

suggestions?

7. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    I've used a 4u BS12 in the past and now use a 3U BS LYD and have no problems with it. If your used to 3U then go with it.

8. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

+1 go for 3U
    Maybe it's not that comparable but my SW37 in 4U is way toooooooo light :( At least it's a good racket for plastic shuttles.

Btw: Why do you consider to buy a 4U? :)

9. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    just heard that more of them were 4u....

but i wanted 3u......

10. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I think if you're concerned a racket will be too stiff and/or demanding, opting for a 4U is a good idea. Many TW Victors hover around 84-86g in my experience anyway, and in that range whether or not a racket is labeled 3U or 4U is largely semantics.

11. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    lol ill be fine:p

12. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    could do with a tiny bit of weight for smashes in doubles....:)

13. Swiftlegend

Swiftlegend Regular Member

Student
    Could anyone give a comparison to the LYD and the MX60? Thanks

14. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

I usually use 3U racquets and when I was sent my BS-LYD they mistakenly sent me a 4U. For me, the difference was pretty big. So my advice is stick to 3U.

What do you play with now? I see you mentioned you use 3U normally but, what kind of balance do you typically play with?

15. Porky

Porky Regular Member

Yup....few days back i juz chk out the 4U and 3U BS-LYD from my local distributor and after weighing found that 4U is 87g and 3U is 90g.....so effectively the 4U is like ur common 3U while the 3U becomes more of a 2U....haha...i would go with 4U which is a more suitable weight i felt

16. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    ah thanks porky.... well if the victor 4u is more like yonex 3u then il go for 4u.....

all my rackets are yy 3u.....

17. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    hmmm although a bit more research shows that 3u yonex is same as 3u victor both companies quote the unstrung weights to be 85-89grams..... ah well.... the extra weight would be good for my smash. and im sure those few that know me know i dont have too much problem with my racket speed and defense.... so a slightly heavier racket shouldnt make too much difference for maneuverability........

il just have to buy it and see:p let u guys know..... tbh iv never had trouble adjusting to any racket.... just racket i like and prefer... and rackets im less inclined towards.... but any player of a good standard should just about to pick up anything and still demonstrate his range of shots. me and some friends have long since come to the conclusion its more important to have a good stringer... and be able to regrip your racket properly:)

im also getting the z force..... as im not sure which racket i want.... a bit of a treat as i fractured my scaphoid playing football..... so as i couldnt play for 6-7weeeks..... i have just been THINKING badminton lol.

18. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

Victor 4U is not like YY 3U. All of my YY racquets are 3U. Two of my 3 Victor raquets are 4U and the difference is very noticeable.

I'll throw in the Caveat that my YY raquets are all head heavy models (900P, VT-80, VT-ZF) and my Victor 4U models are the MX-80 and the BS-LYD. So perhaps if my YY raquets were a NS-9900 or an Arc-10 perhaps I might have a different view.

However I have a 3U MX-80 as well and it is a lot less of an adjustment going from 3U yonex to it, than it is to go to the 4U MX-80.

19. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    yup decided getting a brave sword lyd and z force

and then selling the one i dont like to get a second one of the other one:p

20. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    what do you think of the lyd thunder? im a super offensive player. able to do pretty good jump smashes from rear court but also known for my quick movement and fast tempo in games. quick at intercepting at net.... but also not bad at tight net play...... and fast drives.