Zakry and Fairuzizuan decide to become independent players

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by jug8man, Aug 20, 2011.

1. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    It's very bad news so don't be surprise the next candidate is a younger one :eek: :p

2. victory

victory Regular Member

If junior players also leave BAM, what is left in BAM? Ha ha Rexy has to step into court now.:eek::D

3. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Badminton Ada Masalah ( Badminton no problem )

4. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Close shop then.

5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Of course the next candidate is younger one, Fuzzy are the oldest in the MD team. Actually two younger ones already left this year - Goh HJ and Pang Zeng Lin, from Chooi's batch.

6. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I wasn't even aware that Pang ZL left :eek: But I guess they know that they are overshadowed that they have no future in the national team.

7. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Guys, please do not quote KKK's words out of context. If you are not sure, please ASK.
    From what I read, there is a reason why KKK said there isn't enough training partners and he certainly did not mention anything about Zakry and Fairuzizuan. For your information, Rexy's and Kim Her's squads do not train together. As such, there isn't much chance for KKK/TBH to play against Mak/Tan, LKW/GWS and etc.
    I do not know the reason behind why different coaches prefer to train their players in different place. This is happening in MS squads too and I honestly don't think Hendrawan's charges train together with LCW in a day in day out basis.

And last thing, this is a public forum. So please please think twice before you try to put words into other people's mouth. You might be hiding behind a virtual ID saying whatever you feel like it without losing anythung but others do have a reputation to uphold. Thank you.

8. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    But this one I am talking about is quite a potential one.

I won't reveal name and hope somebody from bam is reading bc forum.

A lot of us may wish more to leave bam but seriously not the young ones.

The world is cruel out there when you become a nobody from a somebody.

9. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The Star Online > Sports
    Friday August 26, 2011
    Zakry to start partnership afresh with Fairuzizuan after the Raya holidays
    KUALA LUMPUR: Doubles shuttler Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif will be starting afresh with Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari after the Hari Raya celebration as independent players.
    The journey will get more challenging after breaking away from the national team last week but Zakry has vowed to achieve two major goals next year – to represent the country at the Thomas Cup Finals and qualify for next year’s Olympic Games in London.
    Zakry is hoping that his reunion with his former partner Fairuzizuan would help to bring back the glory days of the past. The duo’s partnership was split up after last year’s Thomas Cup Finals following stagnancy in their game.
    Zakry teamed up with Hoon Thien How while Fairuzizuan partnered Ong Soon Hock.
    Zakry’s last assignment with the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) was the recent World Championships at London but he and Thien How crashed out in the second round.
    They did not qualify on merit for the world meet but the duo were chosen ahead of former internationals Gan Teik Chai-Tan Bin Shen because the BAM thought that they were better and would strengthen their claim to qualify for the London Olympic Games.
    However, BAM’s “long-term” plan, backfired with Zakry’s decision to reunite with Fairuzizuan.
    The 28-year-old Zakry said that it was time for him to move on.
    “I had thoughts of leaving before the world championships but when the opportunity came to play with Thien How, I hung on. I knew I was going to leave after the world meet but trust me, I did not take my challenge in the world meet lightly.
    “I gave it my all, in fact, it was one of my best performances,” said Zakry.
    “But I knew, I could not stay on in BAM anymore. It is time for Fairuzizuan and I to give the youngsters the place in the elite squad.
    “I want to end my badminton career with Fairuzizuan. Afterall, I enjoyed a high in my career with Fairuzizuan and I think, I have at least three more good years with him.”
    The duo won the back-to-back Singapore and Indonesia Opens in 2007 and was once ranked fourth in the world.
    Zakry-Fairuzizuan’s first assignment will be the Indonesia Open Grand Prix Gold in East Kalimantan from Sept 27-Oct 2 and the former hopes to get off to a good start.
    “It is time for us to re-build our partnership.
    “We need to improve our world ranking and hopefully, we will be able to do well in the Indonesia Open GP Gold. Our goal is to qualify for next year’s Olympic Games and also fight for the right to play in the Thomas Cup Finals,” he said.
    To ensure that they get quality sparring, Zakry-Fairuzizuan will spar three times with the national team at Bukit Kiara.
    On remaining days, they will join a handful of former players at the New Vision Academy co-owned by K.Yogendran and Yeoh Kay Bin in Petaling Jaya.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2011/8/26/sports/9375710.asp&sec=sports

10. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Regarding zakri and Fairuzzizuan case, I was told some Chinese press put it in a different way :DIs there anybody who came across this? :)

11. victory

victory Regular Member

I do read chinese press. I read Sin Chew daily. I think Sin Chew reported things as it is. I don' t know about other chinese press.

Can you please tell us what are the things that chinese press put it differently? Which paper? What did you hear?

12. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    International times today I think. Sorry can't even read the date :p

My wife translated to me, it sound like one of them needs to write to bam to renew their contract after it expire next year, something like that :D

#72 pBmMalaysia, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  13. victory

victory Regular Member

International Times? I am not sure if there is a International Times chinese press in Malaysia my friend.:confused:

14. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Hari raya to them and all the best to them in near future.. I won't be surprise if they can overtake koo/tan;)

15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    "SELAMAt HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI" to all celebrating and I will have limited access to the internet during this festive season.

16. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    me too....yahoo....one week no BC!!!

17. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Really? I don't know how to read maybe I gave you the wrong times :p :D Maybe a picture can show something :D

Attached Files:

18. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    it written there Lee C W is gunning for a 4th Super Series Finsls Glory ~~ i mean the title there ~~

19. victory

victory Regular Member

The paper reported a few matters. I will skip the rest but focus on Fuzzy left BAM.

Nadzmi defended BAM saying BAM is still the badminton authority in Malaysia. He said private companies still sponsor BAM activities( I think he meant PROTON and YONEX). He said these companies still link up with BAM not just because individual players's performance in international tournaments, but also these private institutions still have confidence in BAM's leadership.( Yeah......... right! My foot!:cool:).

He also said senior players leaving BAM is normal. Just like sometimes ago LWW/CTF left BAM to turn pro. Lastly, he also said BAM only deserve critics if players who are in their prime like LCW leaves BAM.

20. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

WHy? balik kampung celebrating hari raya?