Rexy Mainaky as Coach

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Eh Datuk Zolkples Embong, Lu Blah lah.....:mad:

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    If I remember, it was NSC that got the ball rolling with its report on how the coach was responsible for the "defensive" attitude of KKK/TBH and their resulting losses and bad form etc. And now of course, NSC would not want to pick up the tab if it can help it. Besides, BAM is flush with funds so, the NSC thinking is "let them pay whatever they want to Rexy, if they can afford it."

Back to the KPI phantom. Who will implement KPI on the CTC? Who sets the parameters? And if they want world-class, top foreign coaches, do they really think those guys will be willing to sign a contract that includes cuts in payment just because some players don't want to do what they are trained to do? All they will get then, is "guest" coaches and "consultants" for short periods. More of those, and the entire training programme will be a complete mess. The players won't know if they are coming or going!

No wonder Rexy is still smiling!!!! :D:D:D

3. PrimeShuttler

PrimeShuttler Regular Member

Health Dept
    I agree with the sentiments shown here so far. It is just absolutely ridiculous to say something like that. It's like they are targetting Rexy only. :mad:
    It's not his fault that they wanted to restructure things.
    Besides, he still has a good amount of players under him now if he is in charge of womens AND mixed doubles. Still a lot of workload. Unlike the other few guys who are only looking after the mens doubles. I really hope that Rexy can produce some world-class womens and mixed doubles combinations to shut up all those admin ppl.

This is typical BS from these fellas. And all this talk of KPI is also a joke.
    What about KPI for ppl like Zolkples or Ng Chin Chai ? What about Rashid Sidek? What role does he play exactly? DO they get sacked or salary cut? :mad:

Malaysia likes to believe that they are a top world badminton power. But with admin like that, they truly reflect their 3rd-world/developing-world status. Always abuse the foreign coach. I'm sure if ppl like Morten Frost, Han Jian, Li Mao and Rexy get to truly speak their mind and reveal the going-on in BAM and NSC, it would make very interesting reading news. :p

4. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    I think all those trains under Rexy should vote Zul out next election. That will teach him a lesson to shut up. ;) lol.

5. extremenanopowe

Anyway, I think BAM is rich to top up the gap. This NSC is also brainless. They put money on football which is not world class. After winning a regional competition, big huha as if they won a world cup. ;) Shame. I think those football junkies brain is also distorted. ;)

6. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Datuk Z. is the man that caused so much trouble, yap yap yap but don't know more than what the public knows.

7. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    The Malaysia I knew 30 plus years ago still the same old, same old today...it is all about connections and men of power with Datuk title that run public funded projects e.g. BAM. So we have a bunch of Datuks given a whole whack of ringgit to run badminton to the ground. It is the passion of the malaysian players that produced so many great players. What happen if we have manager from the tiny island nation to the south of Malaysia to run BAM. Just a thought

8. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    The Malaysia I knew 30 plus years ago still the same old, same old today...it is all about connections and men of power with Datuk title that run public funded projects e.g. BAM. So we have a bunch of Datuks given a whole whack of ringgit to run badminton to the ground. It is the passion of the malaysian players that produced so many great players. What happen if we have manager from the tiny island nation to the south of Malaysia to run BAM. Just a thought;)

9. ksquared

ksquared Regular Member

OTB raised a very interesting point/issue. What made malaysia so successful back then with so many champions (they didnt really have much financial incentives then).I understand the environment now has changed, becoming much more competitive and international comparatively.But surely we can learn something from the past that the present can adopt n apply......what are champions made of, or what made them champions

10. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The Star Online > Sports
    Tuesday October 11, 2011
    Rexy not worried over Ng sisters’ exit
    KUALA LUMPUR: One of the country’s strong women pairs - Ng Hui Lin-Ng Hui Ern - have left the national team to further their studies but national coach Rexy Mainaky is not too worried about the dwindling numbers of players under his charge.
    Those under Rexy are seniors Wong Pei Tty-Chin Eei Hui, reigning Indonesia Open Grand Prix champions Woon Khe Wei-Vivian Hoo and Marylen Ng Paou Leng-Lim Yin Loo.
    The other women players are Goh Liu Ying, Lai Pei Jing and Sabrina Chong who are all involved in the mixed doubles event.
    Said Rexy: “Eei Hui-Pei Tty are on the right track for the London Olympic Games while Khe Wei-Vivian are shaping up well following their breakthrough in Indonesia. Currently, we have enough players to bank on for next year’s Uber Cup Finals.”
    “It would have been good to have the Ng sisters as they would have added more depth to the team.
    “They have left for England to pursue their studies (economics at University of Larborough). Fortunately, other younger pairs have stepped up.”
    The 22-year-old Hui Lin and 20-year-old Hui Ern competed in the World Championships in Wembley last month, losing in the second round.
    Their best achievements was a runner-up finish at last year’s India Open Grand Prix Gold event.
    Hui Lin also played for the gold medal winning women’s team in the Laos SEA Games in 2009.
    However, it is not all bad news for the Ng sisters as they have secured a win-win deal with the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) in their pursuit to balance studies and sport.
    BAM secretary Ng Chin Chai said that the players would be still be part of the national team.
    “They have left for England for the three-year programme.
    “They will spend seven months at the university and five months back home each year,” said Chin Chai.
    “During the five months, they will join our national training. They will still be recognised as the country’s national athletes.
    He said that the decision “does not mean we are according the Ng sisters special treatment”.
    “The university is also known for it’s good badminton programme.
    “Former international Mike Adams is the head coach and Hui Lin and Hui Ern will benefit from his coaching.”
    Loughborough University is a designated High Performance Centre for badminton. It has 20 badminton courts, including a purpose-built badminton hall of international standard.
    “All the funding will be borne by the players.
    “They will not enjoy any benefits or perks as national players under this arrangement. We want them to pursue their tertiary studies but, at the same time, we want to support them in their sporting career,” said Chin Chai.
    “They are young and can still serve the country.
    “These players, however, will still be evaluated by our coaches if they are to compete in major tournaments (like the Uber Cup Finals and SEA Games) when they return home for training.”
    The duo are currently ranked 39th in the world. They are second in the local standings behind world No. 25 Pei Tty-Eei Hui and three rungs higher than Khe Wei-Vivian.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2011/10/11/sports/9669639.asp&sec=sports

No wonder havent seen them in tournaments lately

11. eaglehelang

[h=2]Badminton: Rexy: Give me time for results[/h] By K.M. Boopathy
    boopathy@nst.com.my
    2011/10/11

REXY Mainaky is unfazed by the National Sports Council's call to slash his salary.
    But the Indonesian coach, who is a former Olympic champion, hopes the BA of Malaysia (BAM) will judge him on his performance as the women's doubles and mixed doubles chief coach before taking any action.

Given the task of ensuring that wome's doubles Wong Pei Tty-Chin Eei Hui and mixed doubles Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying qualify for next year's London Olympics, Rexy only started his new duties three weeks ago.

Although Rexy agreed that the Olympic expectations on Pei Tty-Eei Hui and Peng Soon-Liu Ying are not as high as compared to Lee Chong Wei or Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong, he feels that there is always the pressure to make players perform in the Olympics.

"All I can say at the moment is give me time until the London Olympics and judge me on the performances of my charges in the major event," said Rexy.

"Women's doubles and mixed doubles are not as high profile as men's singles and doubles but my responsibility to make Pei Tty-Eei Hui perform in the Olympics is the same.

"Jeremy Gan will be guiding the mixed doubles but I have to take responsibility on the overall performance and must make sure they, too, qualify.

"We are not just looking at qualifying but also at playing well and fighting for a medal. There is an outside chance and with a bit of luck, we may able to do it. That is going to be my battle.

"It is also good if BAM includes performance-based increment or reduction in the coaches' contracts as we can now see the consequences early."

BAM secretary Ng Chin Chai had stated that a reduction of Rexy's salary is unlikely at the moment.

Rexy's main task is to get Pei Tty-Eei Hui ready for the Denmark Open on Oct 18-23 where they will face Japan's Mizuki Fujii-Reika Kakiiwa in the first round and also help Woon Khe Wei-Vivian Hoo continue their progress and do well in the Europe.

"Pei Tty-Eei Hui have been training hard and I am expecting them to overcome the Japanese pair after losing to them in the World Championships in three games.

"They need to do well and earn more world ranking points as they are currently 25th while Khe Wei-Vivian also have a good chance to survive the qualifiers and go as far as the last eight."

They will also play in the French Open in Paris which begins on Oct 25.

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/ioopekl_e/Article/art_print

12. eaglehelang

13. mb111

mb111 Regular Member

Information Technology
    Interesting idea. If the manager from the tiny island nation to the south of M’sia is given right autonomy to run administration and management the way it should be, yes, we may see some promising results. (With this condition, maybe a competent local manager could do the same job too). However, my fear if this manager has those Datuks in the higher position that constantly question and overwrite his decisions, we are back to square one.

14. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    You can say it is FT import that propels Singapore into world level in women table tennis and the ony nation that can take on mighty CHN. In the last WC, 7 of the WS are CHN and the lone non-CHN is Sing's FTW. If it is that simple, then every nation can emulate Sing success by importing FT. IN Sing, a baddy player shows no discipline is shown the exit whether she/he is young, super talented. In MAS, the same scenario, we change the coach and pander to the players.
    It is a lot of thoughtful planning and good governance that SIng being a tiny island with nothing much in resources have so much to show in terms of financial, reserves, no debt, first class infrastructure, education, strong dollar and along with Jap/HK has the highest per capital income in Asia. I do admire LKW and the way he runs Singapore.

15. flite

flite Regular Member

Precisely uncle OTB. Infact the current situation or trend you may call it is much pathetic then those good old days. During the 70s and 80s era, beside badminton Malaysia's soccer and sepak takraw were still considered a force to reckon with regionally if not internationally. Today these two sports were no where to be seen lol.

Everybody knew what happened and what needs to be done. But doing it successfully is another matter altogether. If the terms & conditions are not met the "Malaysian" way then might as well not do it and let it slum for as long it could. Sure they can leave with that.

You may get any capable or result-proven individual to run BAM but for how long before that poor guy receive the same treatment as all those great coaches before him? More so ever after which he manage to elevate Malaysia badminton to real world class status. There is always certain party or powerful politician from somewhere along the chain that would jump in, do a few episodes of 'wayang kulit' and place their people on that hot seat and before long everything are back to square one.

My point is, the root-cause problem is not only with BAM. Its much more than that single organization.

16. extremenanopowe

If you let politician runs the show, they are only temporary. They will say, oh.. I was the leader then. Now, I am out of it. Too bad.

Good to let those former champion to run it. The have more credibility and they know their reputation is at stake.

For politician, they could care less but to collect the 'big' pay cheque. Applies to any country. ;)

17. mb111

mb111 Regular Member

Information Technology
    I suspect many past champions have thought about running the organization, but shy away by this idea as they aware of the many obstacles, challenges and road blocks they had to face in order to get things done.

18. flite

flite Regular Member

In bold: I was referring to those culprit with third world kind of mentality that
    accounted for the poor state of Malaysian sports etc etc.

I was actually against it but I sounded like I wasn't.:eek:

19. aril79

aril79 Regular Member

after looking at the latest ranking that was updated yesterday... i have to say that i'm really impressed by the progress made by malaysian wd & xd players
    ZERO DROP IN RANKING (except the already quit ng sisters) AND with a lot of them progressing
    this is totally opposite the achievement of men department

20. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    Coach Rexy is doing a great job for MAS WD especially, albeit the inconsistency that still need to be work on for Vivian Hoo/Woon Khe Wei and Pei Tty/Eei Hui's form.