Andre Kurniawan Tedjono

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 10, 2007.

1. johnps

johnps Regular Member

Wow, these are very good performances by Andre. Indeed, he has great potential. Unfortunately, many of us have not seen him play before. Anyone has any videos to share of Andre playing?

2. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I have confirmed reports that Andre will most likely face Tommy in this week's INA National Championship. They are seeded to meet each other in the quarterfinals this Thursday... :cool:

My prediction: Andre will win in rubber sets... Tommy will not go down easily... ;)

#162 Krisna, Nov 13, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Personally i think Tommy has a wider range of execution and shots compare to Andre. Its just that Tommy's game has not matured yet. It will be nice to see their matchup.

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-I believe

..TH was around 17 yrs old (1998) when he first reached his first AE Finals..;)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taufik_Hidayat

5. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i think i was still on topic.....

since i am comparing andre with taufik :D plus, i know taufik was really young when he had his breakthrough which is why i was mentioning it as a point in the comparison of andre and taufik. i wonder though from which country will a new very young prodigy emerge in the badminton arena. :)

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Lets not compare the both. Each of them have their own abilities. As for me.. Taufik was more of a thinking player when he was younger.. but have not matured yet. But at the same time TH was indeed a gifted player. Andre on the other side.. his game is still raw.. more on power and i would say easy to read his game. But then he still have alot to improve on.

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I've seen Tommy play several times in Singapore and probably elsewhere and I can't find myself being enthused with his performance. Maybe time will turn him into a better player.

On the other hand, I have never seen Andre in action, either on tape or live, but I am impressed that he managed to make a few headlines and he seems to be a fighter with lots of commitment. :)

Not too long ago, I thought Tago, the previous Japanese Asian Junior champion, would create waves in the world scene but his worse than expected loss to Chen Long at the recent World Junior Championships in NZ has given me disappointment and doubt.

Perhaps Chen Long will shine above them all and step into the shoes of his Chinese senior counterparts sooner than later! :cool:

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Tommy needs more confidence and Ummph...

9. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Off topic

Nalbandian had an impressive winning record against Federer when they were juniors. But see how much they achieved in their senior tours. Federer has been world number 1 for four straight years and winning 12 Grand Slams while Nalbandian is still looking for his first Grand Slam. One does well in junior circuit does not guarantee him/her a promising senior tour. Anyway, watch out for Chen Long.

10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Andre vs. Tommy has to be postponed... A tired Andre [who just arrived from Vietnam] was defeated by a brilliant Ahmad Rivai today.

11. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    After becoming the Russian Open Gold GP finalist, Andre is now world rank # 28. Next week when his Italian Challenge result kicked in... maybe 25?

12. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I think he will between 25 to 27.....enough for SS MAS......I hope Djarum will try him some SS like All England and Swiss or German Open....

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Andre Kurniawan Tedjono ends the year with no 25 in the World Ranking. Surely, he will go into the main draws of BOTH the Malaysia and Korea Super Series 2008.

We shall see if he can break the top 20 after both events.

14. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I heard that Djarum players may participate at MAS open only..no Korea...hope they change their minds...

15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

That will be quite a pity.

As for the other MS, WS, MD and WD; its true that they still need to compete at lower level tourneys and build up their rankings. However, I think both Andre and Rian/Yoke need more exposure in terms of matches against top players/pairs. They should be Djarum's focus next year in terms of a GP Gold or Super Series title :rolleyes:

16. yannie

yannie Regular Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Interview with Andre Kurniawan Tedjono
    [​IMG]

Andre Kurniawan Tedjono's performance in 2007
    Indonesia Open was magnificent. He was the only PB Djarum's player to make it to the quarter final. The Magelang borne man surprises his team and even himself. Andre admitted that he going as far as the quarter final was a surprising thing. It was an achievement he never thought about before.

Here is the interview between PB Djarum's journalist and the player at the 4th place in the national rank after he won the KLRC (Kuala Lumpur Racket Club), New Zealand Open 2007.

Q: Tell us about your success in reaching the quarter final of the 2007 Indonesia Open.
    A: It was a surprise, even for me. My target wasn't that far. What I did was training very hard and play without a burden.

Q: You said you didn't target that far. Are you giving up before the match?
    A: I wasn't giving up, I was just being realistic. My opponents were more experienced than me while I'm just starting my way to their level. Their fighting spirit was also better than mine. Therefore I decided to give it my best and perform as relax as I could. That attitude boosted my concentration in chasing after the shuttlecock.

Q: Who are your toughest opponents?
    A: Actually, there were a lot. There were Wong Choong Hann from Malaysia, and Kenneth Jonassen from Denmark. Those two were good.

Q: Was there any problem during the Indonesia Open?
    A: Yes, especially in the court. The wind from the air conditioner was very annoying.

Q: Do you have any special tips to perform optimally?
    A: Don't overestimate the opponent because eventually we must defeat him/her. Throw away any personal goal; it will only be a burden for you. That is what I'd do so I can play without any burden. Don't forget to concentrate. Usually on the night before the match, I think about the tactics that the opponent is going to use and how to counter it. The last but not least, don't forget to pray.

Q: What about your own tactic?
    A: First I will defend, and then started my offensive maneuvers. But I prefer offensive style.

Q: By the way, you just participated in New Zealand Grand Prix right?
    A: Yes, and I came out on top in the men's singles.

Q: Who was your opponent in the final?
    A: Wong Choong Hann from Malaysia. The score is 13-21, 21-18, 21-13.

Q: With this victory, surely your rank is rising again?
    A: Yes, my rank indeed went up even though it is still in the 38th place. I still need to participate in many tournaments and hopefully win some of them to raise my rank.

Q: What do you do when winning a tournament?
    A: I am very happy and grateful to God. I would send SMS to my family in Magelang, but that's it. I must return to my practice and forget about it. I shouldn't waste too much time just to celebrate a victory.

Q: What's the different playing there from playing in Indonesia?
    A: There are differences, especially on the court. There, the wind didn't bother the play at all.

Q: What were you thinking about hose victories?
    A: For me, this is not enough. I'm still very far from becoming the world champion. I wanted to be the world champion and I have to fight my way through a lot of worl class tournaments.

Q: What do you think about PB Djarum?
    A: Everything is great. The coach, the facility, and the equipment are more than we could ask for. I definitely can see the future from here.

Q: Is it truly good or were you just afraid to criticize it?
    A: No, really. As far as I know, PB Djarum is the best there is. Now it is up to me to achieve everything I could in national and international level.

Good luck, Andre!

#176 yannie, May 22, 2008
    Last edited: May 22, 2008
  17. yannie

yannie Regular Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Name :Andre Kurniawan Tedjono
    P.O. Birth/Birth Date :Magelang, 7 Desember 1986
    World Rank :Tunggal Putra
    National Rank :Tunggal Putra
    E-mail:andre_tjd7@hotmail.com
    Year Joined :1998
    Class/Match Category :Tunggal Putra
    Hand (Left/Right) :Tangan kanan
    Height :176 cm
    Start career in badminton (Age):10 tahun
    How start career in badminton :Diarahkan orang tua
    Achievement :
    - Juara I KLRC Open Grand Prix 2007
    - Juara I Kejurnas tahun 2003 - 2005
    - Juara I Brasil Open 2006
    - 8 Besar Indonesia Super Series 2007
    - Runner Up Romania International Series 2007
    Best Appearance :pertandingan di Indonesia Super Series 2007, karena saya bisa mengalahkan unggulan ke 8 yaitu Kenneth Jonassen (Denmark)
    Worst Appearance:pertandingan di Thailand Satelite Super Series 2005, karena dikalahkan oleh pemain non peringkat
    Greatest Opponent :Chen Hong, Taufik Hidayat
    Favorite training partner :Ari Yuli Wahyu Hartanto
    Debut for Indonesia :Asia Junior World Championship 2004 di Korea
    Goal for Badminton :Menyamai prestasi Taufik Hidayat
    Hobby :Main games, nonton bioskop
    Favorite Food :pizza
    Favorite Film :Terminator 1, 2 dan 3
    Favorite Song :Girl Friend - Avril Lavigne
    Favorite Actor/Actress :Avril Lavigne
    Favorite Athlete :Taufik Hidayat
    Favorite TV Show :4 Mata [talk show]
    Future plan if retire from badminton:Bisnis
    About me :pantang menyerah, pemalu, pendiam, humoris

#177 yannie, May 22, 2008
    Last edited: May 22, 2008
  18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Wow..^^

..yannie's mastery in the Indonesian language has improved!!:cool: ;)...Btw, did you really translate those??..Or are they from another source??:confused:

19. yannie

yannie Regular Member

hahaha, copy pasted from djarum's website, btw i've noticed that we now can choose between english and indonesian, plus it loads much faster!!! well done, or maybe they read bc so they've decided to improve??? hahaha..

andre is in spain now, playing against christian lind thomsen (denmark) tomorrow...

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^I hope..^^

..they guys at Djarum's website (or those reading them at Djarum's website) can read the gold texts, because i had to squint my eyes because of the glare & faintness of the color..:p..Well, at least this portion of the interviews is okay.:cool: