Yonex ArcSaber Z Slash Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ants, Jul 26, 2009.

1. FIVEs

FIVEs Regular Member

Most probably he would meant that too, no question:cool:! Seriously, they can substitute a 160 grams training racquet with Z specs:D! Thereafter, compare the before and after tourney results, I'd say ginormous improvements especially for the younger guys and gals.

Got an I idea, I'll try to find some well worn Zs (mostly they are paint chips from retrieving shuttles...unless you can post pics of broken racquets under normal use:D!), lead it up evenly so than it is 160 grams and train w/ it. And I'll let know if either I broke my arm or gotten better or worse (I think), no improvement whatsoever from all from the training:)!

2. MarkYin

MarkYin Regular Member

How is the Arc Z-slash compared with the Arc 10? Is there much difference at all?

3. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Arc Z is more head heavy and has less repulsion I believe..

4. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    I owned 2 Arc Z 3UG5 and 1 Arc Z 2UG5. I can tell you both are GREAT, especially the Arc Z 2U from JP. It does not feels sluggish or heavy. (i am a power player, not a wrist player). So the speed and power it generates is wonderful. And 2U Arc Z is overall more balance in control and netplay compare to 3U.
    So overall, Arc Z is a good racket. Whether or not the pros today are using it does not matter as it is the skills that make them pros, not the rackets.

5. FIVEs

FIVEs Regular Member

Twobeer,

Seems there are no takers to let me train with their worn out Zs (because there aren't any I've come accross with). Yeah, there's really only a few with paint chips, so can't really find someone willing to part with their Zs for me to lead-up to 160 grams for training purposes:eek:.

So, have you found many broken Zs yet:)?

6. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Actually i think my old Zs have switched owner a number of times..Players seem to keep them a month or so end then trading them for an ARC-10 or so, or another brand :) not broken yet though.. Let me put it this way.. its not one of Yonex biggest hits here..

Why bother to go Z if you want small sweetspot..just uy an old steel classic headshaped rackt and add lead..or go find a n old squash racket with small head... should do the trick..

/Twobeer

/Twobeer

7. FIVEs

FIVEs Regular Member

Twobeer,

Old steel vibrates like crazy! Hey I just want to experiment with the now and current for improvements...not to end up with creaky joints:D!

So Zs traded for 10s but none broken? Hmmm, at least it says something about its durability:cool:.

8. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    All rackets that sits in the bag are having better durability than the one used on courts :)

/T

9. waiwai8

waiwai8 Regular Member

Policy & Research Coordinator
    i got both.

quite a big difference between the 2.

the Z:

half oval half isometric = more aerodynamic (faster swing speed) and smaller sweetspot (less room for error, e.g. off centre shots)

smaller head = emphasises the above and increases stability
    longer shaft (not including handle) = faster swing speed

the main point i wanna emphasise is that the smaller size and shape of the head has its advantages.

although, i admit myself the Z has a very different feel to the other rackets yonex wouldnt make it their flagship racket for no reason. i think a lot of people criticise the z when in actual fact they perhaps just dont have the patience to adapt to it.

i also have old cab 21 and no the Z is not the same nor would i use a cab 21 instead of my Z, they are completely different.

#1729 waiwai8, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  10. FIVEs

FIVEs Regular Member

A nice way to say it bluntly, but true! Ha Ha.

11. FIVEs

FIVEs Regular Member

Would you care to give a brief comparison of your Z and Cab21? They are the same length slim shaft? Thanks.

12. waiwai8

waiwai8 Regular Member

compared to the Z the cab 21 (blue version) is the following:

shorter
    oval head shape (smaller sweetspot)
    has a box construction head frame (more robust feel on impact)
    more repulsive (nb this doesn't mean its more powerful)

13. waiwai8

waiwai8 Regular Member

compared to the Z the cab 21 (blue version) is the following:

shorter
    oval head shape (smaller sweetspot)
    has a box construction head frame (more robust feel on impact)
    more repulsive (nb this doesn't mean its more powerful)

14. FIVEs

FIVEs Regular Member

Thanks, I would guess, by ''more repulsive'', you meant, a tad flexier than Z but about the same stiffness?

Any known durability issues in your personal experience w regards to the two slim shafted racquets?

15. waiwai8

waiwai8 Regular Member

by more repulsion i mean that it feels like it comes off the string bed quicker, whereas the Z would have it a split second longer and then releases it. kind of like the 'arrow and bow' effect. the hold and release effect is the unique selling point of the arc series. in contrast the nano series has the highest repulsion, best case in point is the extra stiff ns9900.

the repulsion issue i think isnt only dependent upon the stiffness of a racket but also the technology behind it.

personally i prefer the arc series to both the others, namely, armotec and nano purely coz i feel that whilst i get a little more time to control the shot coz it holds the shuttle a bit longer, i feel the power isnt sacrificed..it has more of a 'spring effect'

durability issues, i havent broken any arc Zs (or 10s) or cab 21s so no issues really to comment. i feel the cab21 is very stable and anti torque but overall i prefer the Z.

16. waiwai8

waiwai8 Regular Member

by more repulsion i mean that it feels like it comes off the string bed quicker, whereas the Z would hold it a split second longer and then releases it. kind of like the 'arrow and bow' effect. the hold and release effect is the unique selling point of the arc series. in contrast the nano series has the highest repulsion, best case in point is the extra stiff ns9900 which i also have.

the degree of repulsion of a racket i think isnt only dependent on its flexibility/stiffness but also the technology behind it.

personally i prefer the arc series to both the others, namely, armortec and nano (uk dont sell higher end cab series so i cant comment on that) purely coz i feel i get a little more time to control the shot as it holds the shuttle a bit longer, but at the same time i dont feel power is sacrificed..it has more of a 'spring effect'

durability issues, i havent broken any arc Zs (or 10s) or cab 21s so no comment. i feel the cab21 is very stable and anti torque but overall i prefer the Z.

17. FIVEs

FIVEs Regular Member

waiwai8,

Thanks again. How much tension you use for the following: Z, NS9900 and Cab 21 respectively? Assuming they're all strung with the same strings?

18. waiwai8

waiwai8 Regular Member

all 30lbs with nbg95..

really, the Z is a very good racquet. people just need to get used to it, but when they do, they'll find its very rewarding.

#1738 waiwai8, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Finally i joined this yesterday. Strung it with bg-66 maxima;)..

hehehehe:cool:

20. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    lol.. George you're damn rich i'm considering kidnapping you ....... hahaha