Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Once again, a painful day for INA fans...with another defeat at the AE Final means another wait for the elusive AE title :(

Time for INA XD to reshuffle and focus on which pairs to groom for the London Olympics 2012. Just less than 2.5 years to go and they better be fast!

2. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    They lost to Ahmad/Polii in kejurnas.Ahmad's smashes are harder,n his offensive play surely give devin a headache.2 straight sets i believe.But dunno whether it's just Ahmad's one perfect day or indeed he always play that well.:rolleyes:

3. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Nova performance today surely does give alot of indonesian spectators a headache today.N finally also affect natsir to do the same thing.From the beginning of the 3rd set,i told my friend that,if the indonesians dont give away free points,then they'll take it,no problem.Zhang Nan began to lose his stamina,n didn't attack alot.Zhao yunlei is not as difficult as they face Gao Ling.Zhang Nan also do no hard smashes no more.If u guys seen the live broadcast,u would know how they actually lose...

4. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Watched the match Tantowi/Greys beat Devin/Butet easily, I doubt the pairing Butet with Devin can break the elite pair.
    Try pairing Butet with Frans Kurniawan looked better.

5. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yeah, Nova/Liliyana lost to the qualifier pair despite leading in decider game:crying:

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..from what i witnessed (with my sleepy eyes), it seemed like it was a match where neither pair wanted to win, esp. from the INA pair. Both pairs made errors in crucial moments, and add a couple or so fault calls from the umpire.
    Actually the INA pair was also leading late in the 1st game, but muffed up the lead and allowed the CHN pair to rally and sealed the game w/7 straight pts.

7. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

March 16, 2010

Ami Afriatni

It’s Back to the Drawing Board for Indonesia's Shuttlers

The All England was supposed to measure whether local shuttlers were ready for a bigger stage.

If their dismal performance in Birmingham is any indication, Indonesia’s players have a lot of work to do before they are ready for their curtain call.

The shuttlers left the All England empty-handed for a seventh straight year. And unless they improve on key aspects of their game, national team coach Christian Hadinata said the poor results could carry over to their next top-flight tournament — the Thomas and Uber cups in May.

“Technically, our shuttlers are at par with other countries. In a major tournament like the All England or the Thomas and Uber cups, how motivated a player is and how determined they are makes the difference,” Christian said on Tuesday.

“I know the players feel the pressure of representing their country, but to be the best they have to overcome that.”

Christian said more experienced players on the team could help the younger ones cope with the mental stress.

-------------------

Complete article through the Jakarta Globe.com -- http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/badm...drawing-board-for-indonesias-shuttlers/364121

8. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Whoa.. KinDra lost. Hendra/Alvent lost too. :crying:
    Meanwhile KOR' young guns in MD department are showing good progress.
    Please, PBSI find way out to give chance for our MD young guns to improve their experiences.

9. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, bad outcome by those INA pairs:eek: Also Febe lost to Russian player after made sensational win to beat China promising WS, Wang Shixian last week.

10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    My friend in Swiss Open told me that Febe was not moving as smooth as usual, so Ella the Russian moved her waaay back and then kept giving her chops or bombs... :p

11. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Why some ppl think that Ella Diehl (old name : Ella Karachova) is easy meat to beaten.
    Even MKY has h2h 1-1 against Ella. So I wasn't dare to pick Febe in PAW.

In SF Saarbrucken 2008, Febe won against Ella the score something like 21-19 12-21 23-21. I say she won a bit lucky, Ella looked angry after the match.
    So in this tournament she prepare better to take revenge, and she played in homecountry too (she married with Switzerland man).

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Exactly...I told Hau-Ge before the match that it's not gonna be easy for Febe to win this one....

13. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Top men shuttlers to focus on training at home

Agnes Winarti , The Jakarta Post , Jakarta | Sat, 03/20/2010 10:35 AM | Sports

Indonesia’s top men’s shuttlers will undergo intensive training at home in the next seven weeks prior to the Thomas Cup’s May finals in Malaysia, thus giving the opportunity to younger players to compete at the Asia Championships in April — the last top tournament before the Thomas Cup.

“We had little preparations for the [Thomas Cup Asian Zone] preliminary rounds in Thailand. We don’t want a repeat of that. So my focus is seven weeks of training at home for my top shuttlers,” national men’s singles coach Agus Dwi Santoso said Friday.

Because of the training at the Indonesian Badminton Association’s (PBSI) training camp in Cipayung, East Jakarta, world number 11 Sony Dwi Kuncoro and world number 12 Simon Santoso will be absent from the Badminton Asia Championship on April 12-18 in New Delhi.

The Gold Grand Prix-level tournament in India is the only international event left before the Thomas and Uber Cup finals in Kuala Lumpur on May 9-16.

The country’s best professional shuttler and world No. 4, Taufik Hidayat, and his juniors, Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka, Tommy Sugiarto, Andre Kurniawan Tedjono and Nugroho Andi Saputro, though, will still participate in the event.

*Complete article through the Jakarta Post.com -- http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2010/03/20/top-men-shuttlers-focus-training-home.html

14. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Ella was good enough to go to the Swiss Open SF... :D

Nana will also go to India. Oh, they're gonna field Yoke-Ahsan!!! Awesome!:cool:

15. simonlovers

simonlovers Regular Member

Some good news :cool:

“We’re thinking about adding Hayom to our Thomas Cup finals roster,” Agus said, when asked about changes to the Thomas Cup finals team.

Aryono said he was considering adding professional shuttler Vita Marissa to pair with Lilyana Natsir for the Uber Cup finals team.

16. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Some changes in MD:

Edo will pair with Wiqgi
    Afiat with Rendy
    Both pairs will be participating at Vietnam Challenge

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

So, Rendy Sugiarto finally being paired with a more senior counterpart. I hope PBSI also start to send Ulin/Berry and Angga/Rian to some ICs and GPs this year.

18. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Some of INA players are competing this week in Cuba..INA's government funded the trip...from Aro Trisnanto, Ulin-Berry and others..( Lius Pongoh as their team manager).....long...long flight

19. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Good news for Vita to be back with Lily
    Can't wait seeing the videos of my fave WD ever :)

20. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    No confirmation as it depends on Vita.....