Victor Brave Sword Lee Yong Dae 2011 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tranphuloc, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    That's because the head is significantly shorter than the other Braveswords. :p

2. ikki9394

ikki9394 Regular Member

student
    Thought it was like about 4mm shorter?
    Hmm thought of getting a BS15 as a backup/spare... now need to consider another BS LYD ._.

Btw bro maklike, I sold my VTZF :D

3. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Get both and let us know how they are compared to each other :D

I'll post you some pictures this Friday or Saturday how the head comparison to Arc10 looks like.

4. Geekzk

Geekzk Regular Member

That's a matter of feeling, for example I found it less HH than an Arc 10 :p But again, I didn't had the feeling of playing with a slightly HH racket with the LYD, it is damn fast that's all :)

5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Depends a bit on swinging style and speed. The faster your swing, the slower medium stiff rackets feel, and stiff rackets can feel a little quicker and less head heavy if you're not using much wrist/pronation and have a rather big swing.
    It's also very dependant on what you're used to and how experienced you are. I have played with a wide variety of rackets, and can play decently with pretty much anything as a result - when I first got my BS10s, they felt super head light and I had real trouble timing my shots. Now that I'm used to them, I feel the head heaviness very clearly (although they're still super quick overhead when compared to anything other than Nanorays or Braveswords).

6. niemrieng

niemrieng Regular Member

The mx is still made in taiwan but the bs lyd is made in china now... I thought all the hi end rackets from victor should be made in taiwan, rite? Does it push bs lyd into lower range???

7. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Gee, lucky they aren't made in Vietnam huh, or they'd be really crap!

8. niemrieng

niemrieng Regular Member

I've been bad, i know... I know...

9. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    This seems like a great combination in terms of design.

Why is it at the moment that so many players seem to be moved towards light-headed racquets rather than head-heavy racquets?

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

10. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

What are you talking about...? BS LYD and light headed? sure... lol...

I guess it's a non-sense posting with advertising for your own website... Could it be?
    No need to read repeated "this must be a great racket"-postings from you, Paul... o_O"

Well, that's what I've read from you the last few times...:rolleyes: It's okay to be exciting, but this posting was definitely without any contents or rather with wrong contents (bs lyd -> head light? haha)

11. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    I think the complete opposite - players are going AWAY from headlight rackets. Heck, there even seems to be renewed interest in the much neglected 'mid stiff mid heavy' ranges.

12. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    In my opinion, most of players will move towards medium head heavy fast rackets in today's fast changing games...

13. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Accordaz

I didn't say LYD was light-headed racquet. I made the comment that the spec on LYD seemed a good combination. I then asked why players seem to be moving towards using light-headed racquets because where I am so many players are using Nanospeed racquets and seem to have an aversion to even balance or head heavy racquets.

On the forum there seems to be more players using head heavy racquets.

I just thought it strange that I seem to be surrounded by players going against the general trend towards using head heavy racquets.

By the way Accordaz, I do test poor racquets such as Spira 22 but I don't always publish them on my blog. I recently tested 10 APACS racquets and three were pretty poor. I haven't completed the reviews for these racquets yet.

I get emails every day from players asking for reviews on racquets and I can't do them all as it depends whether I have access to the racquets. I recognise that I am in a fortunate position to test so many racquets but in view of the time and cost to me in doing them, I would much rather not bother and just spend my time writing coaching articles. However, there is demand for an honest opinion and that's what I give, regardless of the manufacturer.

Paul

14. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Keep up the good work Paul - I love reading the reviews!

15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Spira 22=poor?? Can't imagine that....there are a few good players using it 'round here....although I haven't tested it, so I have no opinion of my own about the racket.

16. nkdinz

nkdinz Regular Member

i think he meant the apacs racket was poor.... not the spira 22..

17. Kinderbijbel

Kinderbijbel Regular Member

student
    back on topic, Did somebody played with the BS LYD and BS 10? Are they simular? I absolutely love my BS 10 but in Holland it is out of stock.

18. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    No I'll stand by my comments regards Spira 22. I spent considerable time testing this racquet and had a number of discussions with the UK distributor for Victor.

He agreed with my comments about the racquet as he'd also tested it. As a result of this, he only imported a few into UK and struggled selling them. Soon after this Victor cancelled the manufacture of the Spira range so obviously it wasn't selling well for them.

No doubt some players like the racquet, but the measure of a good racquet is usually in volume of sales. If the racquet had sold well then there's no way it would have been withdrawn.

Perhaps there are a few around but I know Victor Europe did not like the racquet and therefore did not import into Germany for european distribution.

So I'll stand by my comments it was a poor racquet. That doesn't mean it had a zero score but was down around 2 star rating.

Paul

19. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Well, the way you've written it was really confusing and easily to misunderstood. Nevermind.
    Shouldn't be an offense against your reviews. So, forget it :rolleyes:

20. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

Not really that hard to understand. Balance is relative, if you go from playing with a VT-80 to playing with a BS-LYD, you've moved towards a more head light balance. If some guy in England mentions that people are switching towards headlight balance then it should be taken for granted that he's not talking about the trends in China, Germany or Switzerland. If by easy to misunderstand you mean easier than thinking for a few minutes before jumping down the guy's throat then yes, I suppose you're right. That aside, even if there was a genuine misunderstanding it doesn't warrant a personal attack on the guys reviews. If he had said something like "I don't understand all these idiots moving to headlight" or something to that effect then maybe some slagging of the guy might have been called for. In fact, I likely would have beaten you to it.

LOL, you slag the guy's reviewing style and then tell they guy it shouldn't be an offense against his reviews? Heh Heh, I guess the clocks aren't the only thing that are Cuckoo in Switzerland these days :rolleyes:.