Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    A stupid statement been made by Rashid Sidek few days ago - only LD is creating problems for DLCW to win the WC title this year. Others just not up to the level of DLCW's, including the player that has just beat Datuk few hours ago, Sony Dwi Kuncoro.

Rashid Boleh!

Malaysia Boleh!

2. Leoximus

Leoximus Regular Member

Sales n marketing manager
    I think the explosiveness of LCW's game today was just not there tonite.. but kudos to SDK too as his defence and netplay was superb..

Hopefully oubles would bring some cheer for Malaysia.

3. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Doubles bringing cheers?

LYD/JJS VS. KKK/TBH
    FUZZY VS. CY/FHF

Hope they can bring cheers, not 'cheh'.....:p

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    lol, do malaysians say 'cheh' too, i didnt know that

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

For next yr's edition..

..LCW should stay, at least, for 1 month in Korea to train w/LM. I think the 10 days last minute training stint was too short for this yr..

6. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER

Maybe he can consider CHN and train under LYB. LM is not that good since Korea is lack of MS's....

7. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Even MAS media never mentions INA MS players as a threat anymore....
    It is good to be underdog.....:cool:

8. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Just train INA...food is easy..we have Andre, TH, Sony, Simon and Hayom that LCW can spar with.....:p

9. hendrawanfan

hendrawanfan Regular Member

Buyer
    Chong Wei played too much recently or should i say within this year, physically maybe he is very exhausted. When the camera rolled closer to his face, i can find weary. He needs more rest i reckon, coz he is not young as he reached 28. He needs to select which champ he should attend and which champ not. I know his athletic body and fitness can help him encounter any situation, nevertheless he is a human he ain't no machine. Hope he will change his attitude and planning in coming future if he wanna extend his career much longer. He needs rest and reform himself mentally too.

10. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    LCW mentions he will try to take a break from competition, and I think this is a good idea. He is under a lot of stress to keep winning tournaments to keep up his ranking and continue his reputation as a top player. However, he is starting to burn out and it would be healthy to go on holiday, or have continuous training, like what LD had last year for OG and his post OG holiday.

11. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    certainly Lee ain't machine.. but don't forget machine needs to "cool down " too otherwise .........

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

maybe chong wei can consider train under Hendrawan:cool::cool:

13. george@chongwei

wow, see the word Indon..its not me..its mas' press who published it;)

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2009/8/15/sports/4527569&sec=sports

Indon ends Chong Wei’s World title bid

[​IMG]
    WORLD No. 1 Lee Chong Wei was crushed by Sony Dwi Kuncoro yet again in the World Championships at the Gachi­bowli Stadium yesterday.
    Surprisingly, though, the Malaysian did not take the defeat too badly.
    The top seed was hailed as Malaysia’s great hope to end the country’s elusive chase for a world title but yesterday Chong Wei showed the ugly side of his game to lose 16-21, 21-14, 12-21 to Sony in the quarter-finals of the men’s singles match that lasted an hour.
    Ironically, it was Sony who dashed Chong Wei’s dream of a first world title at the previous world meet in Kuala Lumpur, stopping the Malaysian in the third round.
    And yesterday, Sony showed the same drive and determination while Chong Wei looked lost and out of sorts from the start.
    “I gave it my all. After the first game defeat, I fought back. But it was not to be my day today,” said Chong Wei, who hardly showed any signs of being terribly upset.
    “My strength is in net play but it worked against me. I was sending half court returns and my defence was weak.
    “I have to accept this defeat. I know people will be angry with me but it just seems that I am not lucky when it comes to the World Championships.”
    [​IMG] What a win: Sony celebrates after beating Chong Wei in the quarter-finals on Friday. Sony won 21-16, 14-21, 21-12. Starpic by S.S. Kanesan
    His best achievement in four world outings thus far has been a semi-final finish in Anaheim in 2005.
    When asked why he was all smiles despite the defeat, he said: “I am putting on a brave front here, but inside I am hurting. I wanted, as much as anyone else, to do well here.”
    A confident display by Sony in the first game ripped Chong Wei’s confidence into tatters right from the start. The Malaysian was slower than usual and did not show any urgency in his game, giving room for Sony to take control of the game.
    Chong Wei, who has won four Open titles this year, sparked hopes of a great fightback after taking the second game but it all fell flat when he adopted a cautious approach in the decider, hardly showing any aggression.
    The Beijing Olympic Games silver medallist said he would discuss with coach Misbun Sidek about taking a long break from competition.
    “I have been listed for the Macau Open but I will talk with my coach to skip the tournament. I need a break. I may come back refreshed after a break to continue my chase for a world title and an Olympic title,” said Chong Wei.
    Sony’s reward for taking out Chong Wei is a semi-final date with Lin Dan of China.
    Lin Dan was pushed to the limit before prevailing 22-20, 21-16 over the evergreen Peter-Gade Christensen.
    The other semi-final will be between second seed Chen Jin and Indonesian Taufik Hidayat, who is eyeing his second world crown.

14. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

This is what LCW have to say about his defeat in QF to SDK....I can feel his sadness...poor LCW...sigh

●李宗偉

我什么方法都試,防守、網前球、扣殺等,就是拿他沒有辦法。我唯有接受這個事實。
    輸了就輸了,我沒什麼好說的,真的,自己沒打出最好水平,被索尼壓著打,網前的防守很糟糕,打到最后已經一 片空白,感覺自己的打法沒有打出來,很軟,好多機會都沒有把握住。
    不是索尼狀態好,是我自己太差。 拿了幾個比賽冠軍,但大賽如奧運會和世界賽就是沒法突破,我也無可奈何。

China Press : link http://www.chinapress.com.my/content...15ssa39a18.txt

Translation :

I have tried every things, defences, nets, smashes...just can get thru him. I jusst have to accept this reality. A lost is a lost, I have nothing to say, really, I just didnt play what i shd have, and Sony did control the whole match, i cant do any things....my defends and nets were bad, I was totally blanck at the end of the match....I didnt play my game, i was weak at times....didnt utilise most of the chances given..........

Sony was not at his super form, its myself who play very badly...although i managed to win a few international titles, but i still unable to make a break thru for a major title........I am speechless.....dont know what to do...

15. george@chongwei

didn't know you know chinese quite well though:D

16. The Boxer

The Boxer Regular Member

My fren, maybe it is time we admit that LCW dont have the quality to win those major titles.

17. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

let's face it guys, LCW just dont have the mental toughness to be a World Champion. He is a fantastic badminton player but just didnt have the mental qualities.

Our mas players usually just froze when the going gets tough especially tournaments like the OG and WC. He doesnt need changing coaches.

His best performances and titiles have been won under Misbun.

I have posted before that he should be rested more often and be selective with his tournanments. China is learning this lesson by resting LD as he gets older and putting the younger players forward.

We are still keeping the boys from becoming men.

18. george@chongwei

My friend, only time will tell by the way.. its still not the end of the world or end of lcw's career now.. just look at lin dan.. during the og04, what happen? and after 4 years, what happen? only time will tell..:cool:

19. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

That's China uncle. Their system & the system (+ sponsorships) of non communist countries are different. Even PG at 33, still go for a lot of tourneys. Same with other country players.
    If I'm not mistaken, sponsors require the players to play 10 to 12 tourneys a year, not including team events like Sudirman, TC, Asian Games, Commonwealth.

++ either Razif or Jailani Sidek has commented that during their time, they play more tourneys a year than the current players, what rubbish abt being tired (ehem it was said more nicely of course). ;)

20. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    LD in OLY04 is 20/21 and 4 yrs later, LD is still a young 25/26 and could probably win more WC. Datuk is 25/26 or something now, therefore, time is not on his side.