Malaysian Juniors 2009

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by champion8, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I agree with dunker on turning our lil' boys into real men in the senior pro circuit. Our juniors biggest challenge is taking the step up. Like many, I am glad Ow/Chooi managed to overcome that 4 match points and snatched the title from the Ina pair. But I cautioned that winning the WJ title is no indication that Ow/Chooi will progress into world beaters in the senior level. We should not be intoxicated because before Ow/Chooi there were Chan Chong Ming, Jeremy Gan, Teo Kok Seng, Hoon Thien How etc. They were all WJ doubles champs, but what did they achieved at the senior level?? What happened to them? They faded because playing in the senior level is a totally different ball game.

Some say that Iskandar & co are the best junior MS shuttlers produced. I will say this, I agree they are the best juniors in Malaysia. But being best in Malaysia dont mean that our best is at par with the best of the best out there. Our best may as well be just average. What hope are we dreaming about when in reality Iskandar & co are just average when you compare against the rest of the world?

LCW?? Him being a tiny fella when he was a kid? Well, what has LCW achieved todate? Yes, I mean he is the MS WR#1 but lets not kid ourselves, shall we? Where are his major titles?? 20-40 years from now, when people talk about legends, do you think LCW will be mentioned in the same breath as LD, Liem Swie King, Morten Frost, The Thing, Rudy Hartono??

2. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    Ow & Chooi is going to "break up " soon ...

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    can i ask who say that they will become world beater?:confused:
    someone claim this batch is the best,but did he claim any of this batch will become world beater?:confused:
    kinda funny:rolleyes:

4. Amin Khalili

Amin Khalili Regular Member

Student
    Time will tell ....
    BTW so fast you reached 200 post!!!I remember like few days ago you celebrate 10k post ...

#264 Amin Khalili, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

LOL, let them think whatever they want. We already discuss so many times,looking at so many aspects, now only they want to discuss same topic.
    TBH green horn that time in 2006 who gave him much thought...

We look at 2010 WJC pulak, so.... ohh Yew 18 already. That's why you said Ow will partner Tan Wee Tat instead ? Wee Tat does look like Wee Kiong, hair style also same :D. Like that, next time we compare, Ow/Chooi, Ow/Yew & Ow/Tan combo, how is it.

#265 eaglehelang, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  6. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Don't you remember? We've already made noise bout this in his fb page.
    You pun join la that day, amin? :p

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes,we will know in half year time which pair is the better combo,now,chooi/ow is he better 1:)

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

8. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, that because OYH has to partner somebody else for junior tournaments next year as CKM already over aged,......

Any idea this CKM new partner...? or CKM will promote to back up....? :confused:

9. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Just the first impression looking at his picture........:D:D

And Chooi's face looks like LCW....just darker....

10. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    at presents i don't have an answr to your question ...:)

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

perhaps yew hong kheng?:D

12. Amin Khalili

Student
    Thats why I said that ...
    BTW , what is the date for mssm next year(2010)?If Id ask the wrong place sorry!!!

13. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

10,000 + over postings, thats a Malaysia Boleh record!

14. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Averages 17 posts per day...:D:p

15. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Hello limsy ...

Ohhh limsy ..... yoooo hoooo limsy ...

seriously dude, why dont you join me for football on Saturday evening or be my wing man and go clubbing with me on Friday ... there are lots of babes to hunt along Heritage Row than spend your entire productive life here.

16. Amin Khalili

Student
    Naaaa .... He arent ict nerd la , he have a life , he need to study , in university , and he have many friends . It is just he get many posts because he is badminton nerd ... Better dont change topic from this "Malaysia Boleh record" then it will be locked

17. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    One look at the football field from one end to the other, man! that's a lot of acreage to run, darn that's is tough la! Now, clubbing may be a far better option, just enough muscle power to lift a glass or 2 of ice cold draft and throw in some chicken wings, cooked malaysian style of course;)

18. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

ok back to serious stuff ...

On my lunch break now ...

We consider ourselves as a top badminton nation ... or we would like to think that we are a top badminton nation.

But ever wonder why the last time we won the Thomas Cup was back in 92?

Why till today we find that 1st Olympic gold and WC title elusive despite all the usual sabre rattling and chest thumping?

How come our shuttlers are not regular winners of the AE?

Put aside our current batch of seniors. It is the future we need to look at if we want to bring home the TC, Olympic gold, WC or AE titles on a regular and consistent basis.

The million $ question is are we selecting/training/investing the right junior shuttlers? Did we cast our net far and wide throughout every nook and corner of the country to select the best? Was the selection process objective?

I have nothing against Misbun' son, but I must say the boy is very ordinary thus I cant help but to question the selection or talent identification process.

Even though we bag the boys doubles title, the WJC exposed our shortcomings. The recently concluded WJC showed that our girls are of very poor quality. I will say it again, many will fade away and those who progressed to the senior level will be lambs for slaughter. As for the boys, again nothing really outstanding. I see a bunch of 'Protons'. We dont really have a star in the making.

Why is it that we keep on producing average shuttlers? We cant expect a Proton to compete against the BMWs or Mercedes out there.

For now, I must say the future is looking gloomy for Malaysian badminton. We just dont have the substance. We can either remain proud and not accept our shortcomings or we re-examine our policies/methods and make the change. And to change, we may need to look over our competitors' shoulders to see what is it that they are doing right.

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm,maybe u enjoy ur life moer to be banned?:rolleyes:
    and uncle otb want to help him?:cool:

just relax,amin
    let those be in their own world;)

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli