Yonex ArcSaber 10 Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ants, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Master Yoda

Master Yoda Regular Member

Manager
    You have just completely contradicted yourself in your first and second sentence.

So thanks for that you have just basically agreed with me in saying he works for yonex. I having nothing against ants, he's just taking orders from his boss at yonex. Plus I like the reviews

2. UncleFester

UncleFester Regular Member

Knock off the conspiracy theories.

3. Master Yoda

Manager
    Its not a conspiracy theory, its a marketing theory.

I have no problem with ants, just don't why people on BC love him so much.

Same goes for a few others members of BC, people just love em so much.

Its like they are celebrities. And everyone loves them. Have more respect for yourself, members of BC.:(

4. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Here is my answer if I am Ants.
    1) No comment.
    2) Can't tell you anything.
    3) I catagorically deny any rumor and untrue statements out there.
    4) I can tell you but I have to kill you.

From my reading of his prior review and post, I feel they are unbiased and very insightful. If Ants gets pay by Yonex to spread the true and unbiased review of racquet, I personally do not feel anything wrong with it. Infact, from ARC7 review, it gives him more credibility because he did say the best (or beast) is yet to come...
    No further comment till 3/9.

5. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Ants have been quite straightforward that he gets "freebies" from Yonex in terms of not released rackets etc. for testing.

Any intelligent forum reader will recognize that it may be hard for Ants to be entirely objective (if we are talking about comparing to other products, brands etc) getting all that "candy" from Yonex, and not having the same "attention" from other vendors prototypes etc. But I have no doubt in my mind that Ants is expressing his sincere views about the rackets tested..

It's not like he is blindly promoting the latest thing (if you've actually read what he has written).

Personally I think BC members gets credability when more members find out that they agree with the reviews or in retrospect think it was an accurate post...

As everything posted on the forum remains (if not taken away by the mods).. History is a good judge, and helps build credability..

Ants has done a good job so far, and regardless of his Yonex connections he has always been balanced and to the best of my knowlede honest in his posts..

If you are accusing people for being undercover or infiltrating BC, I think you should try to back it up with references to quotes from them indicating this, or links, proofs of bias etc. Otherwise it just kills your own credability.

/Twobeer

6. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    No offence but Master Yoda seems to like causing issues on the forum.

BTW: I saw that post of yours before the mods stepped in and removed it, considering I was only messing around as a joke.

#306 Matt, Feb 28, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  7. Master Yoda

Manager
    I agree the reviews do seem unbiased and are insightful, but then its not like yonex really make rubbish top end rackets, do they?

I got the armortec 900T partly based on ants review, and I think I might buy an Arcsaber 10.

But I just can't believe someone who isn't sponsored or works for yonex getting a free racket before it comes out.

Why don't Yonex send me a free racket before its released to the public?

8. Master Yoda

Manager
    Sorry about the post the mods removed Matt I didn't know you were joking.

As for causing issues, I'm just questioning what people seem to blindly believe.

It isn't rude to question someone credibility.

9. Fengwei

Fengwei Regular Member

I don't want to make this worse, but can some Mod remove these posts. They are irrelevant to the subject, and only cause issues. Still, I'm all for Ants. He's a great guy and trust him 200%.

10. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I can tell you that I do not work for YY. In fact I work for Allianz Life.
    YY need more than feed back from the pros. It need feed back from advance users and beginners (me) a like to see if a racquet sells or not. If inaccurate feed backs are given and the product tanked, that group of testers will get a bad mark. If a tester gets too many bad mark, he/she will have less chance to test out top end product. At the end, they will remove the bad tester. It is just market research. A prototype product is send out long before production. A tester will get a racquet to try with min paint or marking. Several versions and specs of the same racquet is send out to testers. Testers will write a review when the test is done. The review is usually done a few months before the product goes into production with final paint scheme after the stupid marketing dept decided the color, model # and etc. So what is wrong for Ants just post his report that is done and send to YY few month ago and finally post it now. In fact that is why his review is creditable because it is the report YY gets.
    I can not tell you why I know the system. I can not tell you my relationship with YY either. I can tell you I am not sleeping with anyone in works for the evil empire.

11. Geoffrey

Geoffrey Regular Member

Oh and, it seems that people on BC don't love you that much. Hope it tells you something?

12. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    I think master_yoda is just kinda jealous cuz some ppl r just generally more poplular then they are..im not a fan of ants..but..got nth against him..grateful for reviews~..

yoda..if u wanna get some popularity..go get ranked..sponsored by yonex then u can talk all the horse crap u want..lol

13. MSN04

MSN04 Regular Member

Engineer
    Master Yoda,
    What I really care is that Ants' past reviews have been fairly accurate so far. So, I believe what he says on this review, and very likely future reviews as well.

14. kaizen

kaizen Regular Member

Student
    LOL.......KWUN!!! u reading this??.....u would be very happy about this if it was true, wouldn't you?.....that Yonex is actually trying to use BC as a means of marketing strategy!!!:eek:.....KWUN!!....let us know if u get an offer from Yonex for a take-over deal or any sponsorship deals....:D....i wanna buy some shares of BC..:cool:..who knows?....With Yonex watching BC, other makers would be following too........next thing u know BC is flourished with sponsorships!!!!.....:D

Alrite...time to come back to reality!!...guys, chill out....if u guys wanna debate, start another thread on it.....let the reviews be discussed here......

Master_Yoda, even if u wanna debate over such things, please do not make rash statements. Please try to know more of ants before u make any judgements about him. Your suspicions are understandable, but ur statements are unacceptable. Please realise that.:)

Everyone else, don't try to attack Master_Yoda. If u guys disagree with him, u just have to defend ants.;) Please don't make personal attacks. That's just not how a forum should work.:)

Forgive me if i have said too much.:eek:

15. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Yop, I agree. The last time Master_Yoda stated an 'unacceptable' thing by the public, some of us including myself had personally attacked him. Hmmm.. if the majority is against his theories, then we know that he is mostlikely wrong. I dont see anyone supporting his statements yet. :eek:

Nope, people on BC do love him so much. :D
    If you have no problems with ants, then why are you questionning about him and his personal life ? :eek:

That's because Ants has done many great jobs in helping people with his 'accurate' reviews. :)

Lets get the mods to clear out all these off-topic posts.. and lets get back to the topic: ArcSaber 10 Review.

16. YinLoung

YinLoung Regular Member

Ok kids. Cool down and let it go. STOP ANSWERING HIM AND ALL WILL END.

Now now, gimme more news about the Black Arc10 before I get my Arc Saber 10 Fire.

17. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Will the Arc10 hard case be the same as the Arc7 "banana" hard case?

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    I thot arc10 comes in red only....

19. F-Man

F-Man Regular Member

Student
    Ants is ace! I have never had the pleasure of meeting him but I am sure that he is a very nice man. He seems nice, genuine and has a deep love of badminton just like many of us. That is all I need to know really.

Go Ants, you rock! Keep up the good work! ;)

20. YinLoung

YinLoung Regular Member

Apparently, there's many version of it. ( According to the rumors and some assumptions ).

Arc 10 Fire
    Arc 10 Black
    Arc 10 ( similar to arc 7 but red instead of yellow )

and another one without much description....sigh...gimme picturessss omgggg.

I"M getting my arc10 next tuesday

wahahhahahahah