Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

What are you talking about? All of the videos I posted are viewable by EVERYONE.
    Or maybe the original uploader modified something before this..;)

2. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

In his match against Tien Minh Nguyen yesterday the commentator said that LCW has his very own specific (very thin) strings. Does anybody have further information about this?

3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Just watched the repeat. Heard that too.

4. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    LOL! He's flabbergasted that he is being interviewed by her. I think it's a fabulous idea to have a player interview another, as obviously they understand a fellow player more as a sportsperson.

5. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    LCW vs WZM

For those who missed the match between LCW and WZM (i know many did as we are busy working for bread and butter :D), here's the match link. Very nice and gripping indeed.

[video=youtube;8zU5NZeyilc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8zU5NZeyilc[/video]

6. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

It looks like Lee Chong Wei & Lin Dan era will goes to an end, and then comes the beginning of CL era...

7. voljinnui

voljinnui Regular Member

Free lancer
    Lee Chong Wei looks so out of shape today.

Is it a sign telling us and him that two more years is the maximum extension Lee Chong Wei is going to get at most?

Doubt going all the way to qualify for 2016 Rio is possible now.

8. Gingerbeer

Gingerbeer Regular Member

I think, LCW can certainly qualify for 2016 Rio if he wants. But winning is another story.

9. boboboi

boboboi New Member

IM
    No matter what i will always be ur fans chong wei..

10. hashdam

hashdam Regular Member

has anyone seen closely the shoes that lcw was wearing in the ae13 final?
    interestingly it doesnt have any of those orange claw things ? it surely cant be the jr version as they are lower quailty?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtHKe4e-vnQ
    you can clearly see it in 58:53

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

It surely can't be the Jr version because of the size :D I guess it's just a customized shoe for him. It'll be just his size and perhaps he didn't want the claws - his SHB92 didn't have them either...

12. hashdam

hashdam Regular Member

yeah but 92 werent designed to have claws. i quite like the new design but im not a fan of those claws i hope they somehow release a version with no claws !

13. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Too bad for LCW

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lee chong wei said in interview that the double who play in AE is not the best pair.

15. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    I'm glad I didn't watch LCW vs CL, wouldn't be able to handle the disappointment. Somehow I knew that CL would be the winner. Was already sleeping, then I heard my father angry rants and screams from the living room (with the crowd noise from the TV as the background sound) I knew LCW was losing. I hated that my gut feeling was right from the beginning.

LCW can still compete of course, but winning is another story. I can imagine him in somewhat the same path as Peter Gade - become beatable tournament after tournament till retirement. Anyways, shifting my focus to Swiss Open, and look forward to LCW's next tournament.

16. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    I'm afraid this will happen sooner or later, something also experienced by Peter and Taufik (although it's unlikely as extreme as the latter).

However, one thing still puzzles me: why is it only Peter could escape ridicule by, er, anonymous netizens whenever he loses over and over again... while Taufik (and to some extent, LCW too -> e.g forever No. 2 yahda yahda yahda) got bombed and hantam-ed when they lose, despite all achievements and honors they got?

I mean, have you ever seen BCers mock Peter when he loses? While I know one or two members who'll quickly jump in to ridicule every Taufik's and LCW's defeat... ;)

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

With Peter, you can always see his dedication, that he has prepared as well as he could, and that he was giving it his absolute best in every tournament he played, and it's hard to ridicule a guy that's obviously doing everything in his power to both do his best and promote the sport. In the end, the only thing that kept him from winning titles the last years was his age - nothing he could do anything about.

With Taufik, there's been rumors that he didn't take his training as seriously anymore for a long time, and results seem to back that up. (Except for 2010, where he had just split from PBSI, and played well in the AE and WC)
    LCW is a different case - personally, I don't understand why ppl keep criticizing him so much as he's the only Malaysian winning titles and standing up against the Chinese MS squad on a constant basis. The reason they do so is probably a) the incredibly high expectations whenever he enters a tournament and b) the fact that he seems unable to beat LD in any big tournament (with the exception of the '11 AE). Don't forget that every Chinese MS player always has to face the "given easy walkovers" prejudice, but LD effectively shut up everyone by winning every title there is and the Olympics twice (as the first MS player to do so), also being seemingly able to step it up whenever he wants to and win at will.

18. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

I don't understand why people keep talking that LCW's prime is over, that he sucks now and so on...
    He just played not his usual best in this AE, as he stated in an interview that he's not in the right form. Moreover, he already won two tournaments this year plus reached the final of another (although he was not really "playing well" - pretty impressive).

19. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    LCW was visibly off his form at this AE, no question. Silly mistakes, a distinct absence of clear tactics etc etc. He probably had other things on his mind; he probably was not sufficiently prepared. And then, there is this thing called age. Sooner or later, it creeps up on you when you're not looking; and one day you wake up to find you have to work harder to do the same things that came so naturally just a few months ago.

No one can escape it. Not LCW, or LD, or Zhang Ning, or Peter or Taufik or Tine (she didn't change her mind about retirement just because she won the AE). I think we as fans also need to temper our expectations accordingly.

Besides, he's got to go and attend "how-to-be-a-Daddy" classes now! :D That's going to be tougher than winning any title! :p

20. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Yeah sure, just saying that this doesn't happen over night (or here: within two month); cause he showed incredible form in Korea Open and Malaysia Open this year. ;)