Malaysian Juniors 2009

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by champion8, Jan 30, 2008.

1. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Congratulation, Limsy......u will have Mas team as AJC Champion's photos as your primary photo now...........they have just fulfilled ur 1st small dream....the 2nd small dream is WJC........:D:D Boleh........

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

congrats to our juniors, tomm will have all the nice podium photos in the newspapers.

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    applause to each and everyone of u,we proud of u.

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i dare not dream big in wjc.;),lixuerui is watching all the video and do all the analysis:rolleyes:
    no need congrates me,not i win:cool:

mine is better:p

5. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

well.... i tends to agree with u that the AJC 2007 is better than this year as the quality of players then was much tougher. while China have all their AJC/WJC players have make progress in the senior world, our AJC is still struggling. Ma Jin is one of them which have make good progress along with Wang Yihan and Saina Nehwal.

As i said b4, while the Junior coaches have done a good job grooming them at the junior level and passed them to the senior level.... what happened now???

Anyway... this is malaysia style. hopefully things changed when they realise.

Actually, this year, i found alot of very young players are here for experience. Why China send their second team.... actually is to gear these players for the next year AJC/WJC in March/April 2010. Youth Olympics is in August and the qualification points is actually these two tournament. Its is also a testing ground on the uprising standard of many country.

So actually to many Asian Countries.. it is a good exposure ground for the many 16/17 years( only those borned in 1992?1993 are qualify to play)

Limsy,i feel u should go around watching those 16/17 years old instead. I think Chen Xiaojia can play in the youth Olympic. So u have to analyst how many good potential Youth Olympian 2010 here.

Just give u an idea...lol

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    oh,ok.
    will try to abserve them:)
    ratchanok will be the main contender to me next year.she still have 4 years in junior:cool:

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    happy birthday to ong boon hui and hope she recover faster:)

8. eaglehelang

Since nobody has posted the news here yet :

The Star Online > Sports
    Thursday July 16, 2009
    Badminton: Iskandar, Jing Yi spur Malaysia to mixed team final win over China
    By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia rode on their victories in the singles matches and went on to dethrone China as the mixed team champions of the Asian junior championships at the Juara Stadium in Bukit Kiara here yesterday.

Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin and Tee Jing Yi rose to the occasion to win the boys� and girls� singles matches respectively to pave the way for the boys� doubles of Goh Jian Hao-Pang Zheng Lin to seal the final tie at 3-1.
    In the battle that lasted for almost three hours, Malaysia had lost the opening mixed doubles match.

It was the second time that Malaysia clinched the mixed team title after 2007. For the Chinese juniors, the defeat was a big blow, especially when they had their national senior team�s chief coach Li Yongbo watching them in action yesterday.
    [​IMG] Heroes: Malaysia�s Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin returning a shot to China�s Tian Houwei during their singles tie.

The hope was on winning all three doubles matches but Iskandar and Jing Yi showed the Malaysian strength in the singles too.

After Ow Yao Han-Lai Pei Jing were beaten 17-21, 10-21 by Lu Kai-Bao Yixin in just 28 minutes in the opening mixed doubles match, national junior champion Iskandar levelled the tie with a 21-17, 21-16 win against Tian Houwei in 45 minutes.

Iskandar showed better grip of the game and he was excellent at the net against an error-prone Houwei. But the Malaysian grew complacent after taking a 17-8 lead in the second game.

�I was too eager to wrap up the match and I lost focus. Fortunately, I regained my touch to play my part in helping Malaysia succeed today,� said Iskandar.

�I have the tendency to lose focus and I must work on this area. I have to be steadier in my bid to win the individual title.�

The tide turned to Malaysia�s favour when Jing Yi pulled the rug from under Chen Xiaojia with a sensational 21-19, 12-21, 21-17 win.

The 18-year-old showed that she was a true fighter when she clawed back from 15-19 down to take the first game and she fought with sheer determination in the rubber.

�I won six straight points to win the first game and that gave me the confidence that I can match Xiaojia. Before that, I was quite nervous.
    �With support from my team-mates, I fought on and I am so happy that I pulled it off,� said Jing Yee.

Jian Hao-Zheng Lin also did not buckle under pressure during the crucial stages.

The took the first game against Liu Peixuan-Guo Junjie at 21-16 with their fast attacking play. But they stared at defeat in the second game at 14-20. However, Jian Hao-Zheng Lin staged an amazing comeback to force deuce and went on to win 22-20.

Said the 18-year-old Zheng Lin: �We refused to give up and stayed calm. We continued with our attack but with more precision. And we are so happy to seal the title for Malaysia.�

Jian Hao said that their good performances had given them confidence to do well in the individual competition.

�Our first Asian competition as a pair has turned out to be a big success. We hope to ride on this momentum and get it right too in the individual event,� he said.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2009/7/16/sports/4326572.asp&sec=sports

9. eaglehelang

The Star Online > Sports
    Thursday July 16, 2009
    Jing Yi reaps the fruits of going the extra mile
    By RAJES PAUL
    KUALA LUMPUR: Singles shuttler Tee Jing Yi did some extra training on her own prior to the Asian junior championships.

And the hard work and steely determination to prove that she can make a difference in the Malaysian team paid off yesterday.

The 18-year-old won an important point in Malaysia�s 3-1 victory over China in the mixed team final, beating Chen Xiaojia in the girls� singles match.
    [​IMG] Determined display: Malaysia�s Tee Jing Yi in action against China�s Chen Xiaojia during the Asian junior championships mixed team final Wednesday.

Jing Yi, who failed to earn a promotion to the elite squad after struggling to find her footing last year, said that she became more determined to succeed after being sidelined.

�This is my last Asian Juniors. It is important for me to prove that I can play well after the disappointment last year,� she said.

Jing Yi failed to win a point in Malaysia�s semi-final defeat by South Korea in the mixed team competition last year and she crashed out in the early rounds of the individual competition.

�I know the weakness is in my leg. I am not as fast as the others. For the last three weeks, I arrived for training 30-45 minutes earlier to work on this area,� said Jing Yee.

�I also stayed back after training and to do push-ups and other physical training. The extra training certainly gave me some edge today.�
    Jing Yi is grateful to Sun Chenhua, the chief coach of national junior squad, for his guidance.

�He has built me up to become a strong attacking player. Today, I am happy that I stuck to the game plan and minimised my mistakes. It is always nice to beat a player from China,� she said.

On her challenge in the individual events, Jing Yi said: �My best result was a quarter-final appearance in 2007. The challenge will be greater this time and hopefully, I will be able to make my last Asian Juniors a more memorable one by doing well in the individual competition.�

After the sensational showing in the mixed team event yesterday, Jing Yi had to make a quick return to the court in the afternoon for the individual competition and found the going tough in the first round of the girls� singles event at Stadium Juara in Bukit Kiara.

A jaded Jing Yi took 45 minutes to beat Ching Hsu-ya of Taiwan 21-15, 18-21, 21-19 to set up a meeting with Tan Wei Han of Singapore.

Three others - Sonia Cheah, Florah Ng and Yang Li Lian - also joined Jing Yi in the second round after winning their opening round matches in straight games.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2009/7/16/sports/4326982.asp&sec=sports

10. eaglehelang

Asian Junior Championships: Goh-Pang inspire Malaysia

2009/07/16
    Ajitpal Singh
    A FIERY Malaysia downed favourites China 3-1 to claim the Asian Junior Championships mixed team gold medal at the Juara Stadium in Bukit Kiara yesterday.
    A match-winning performance from Goh Jian Hao-Pang Zheng Lin saw the pair secure a 21-16, 22-20 over Liu Peixuan-Guo Junjie in 25 minutes to ensure Malaysia's third team gold in the championships after triumphs in 2001 and 2007.

Jian Hao-Zheng Lin played their hearts out to come back from six points down to force deuce before winning 22-20 in the second game.

"Though, we were down 20-14 at one stage in the second game, we did not feel like we would lose it. We changed our tactics by sending the shuttle to the baseline and it caught the China pair off guard. We remained cool and patient to win point after point which helped us clinch the match," said an elated Zheng Lin.

On Tuesday, the pair also played a crucial part in Malaysia's 3-1 victory over Japan in the semi-finals.

Lu Kai-Bao Yixin gave China a rousing start with a 21-17, 21-10 victory over Ow Yao Han-Lai Pei Jing in the mixed doubles, but Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin then turned in a commanding performance to beat China's Tian Houwei 21-17, 21-16 in 45 minutes in the boys' singles to level the score.

The 18-year-old Iskandar started cautiously but gained the upperhand by using his deceptive and clever netplay to maintain his unbeaten run in the tournament.

"It was a team effort. My win may have changed the outcome but victory would not have been possible if my teammates had not won their respective matches," said Iskandar.

"It's my last Asian Junior and it is nice to finally win a gold medal." Tee Jing Yi, who was unimpressive in the semi-final against Japan's Mitani Minatsu, made amends yesterday by edging Chen Xiaojia 21-19, 12-21, 21-17 in 55 minutes to give Malaysia the lead before Jian Hao-Zheng Lin clinched the winning point.

"My coach (Sun Chenhua) instructed me to attack in the deciding game. It was difficult to play Xiaojia but support from my teammates and the fans helped me," said the 18-year-old Jing Yee.

National juniors coach Yap Kim Hock was delighted with Malaysia's gold medal performance. "Jian Hao-Zheng Lin worked very well as a pair. They are absolutely perfect as each has sound attacking and defensive game styles. I see them going far in the individual event," said Kim Hock.

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/39ajitwrap/Article/index_html

11. eaglehelang

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    tomorow xd match
    we should win both match against thailand,even there is abit resistence,but should be probelm.
    the match against ina will be 50-50 as i didnt have chance to see they play before.

takahashi sayaka come out suddenly witha upset,sonia will have a fair chance against this lady,hopefully we can motivate her tomorow:D
    florah ng have a good chance to advance here,she need to be more focus and more faster.
    tee jing yi not in good form since individual event,all the best to her lah.

beside iskandar match,others should be a tough one,but we should have a chance to advance.the hardest will be syawal and ramdam,hopefully we have 2 or more in next round.

hard match in wd,all the best for them

we should have 3 pair in md quater final.

tomorow match should be very interesting as many matches is a close affair.:)

will sleep soon. to have energy to support them mah:D

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

She's baaaaaaaaack!!..

..is eaglehelang back from her long hibernation of not posting news/articles from M'sia online news??..;):)

14. eaglehelang

Long time ago back already, look at WPT/CEH thread;). Nobody post then only I post, if I'm free. :D

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    just pay attention on mas player matches.

ow and lai didnt play well in that match against thailand,they didnt play to their true ability.lai pei jing knew that and she cried after the match,and the tears change into the voctory in wd to semis:)

siblings of 2007 ajc team champ squad,twt and nhe should be a title contender material in wjc. but i dont think they will patner each others again in wjc. different age.

syawal and tjy,hmm,they should patner each other to play at the 1st place:(

sonia have a problem that her sister have,agility is weak.should train hard on her footwork and court coverage,then just she will be a really good player.

when in training,florah looks good. but when on court,she didnt show her true ability and the fighting spirit is lacking.

ratchanok played her normal game,and KOed not in form tjy.

iskandar didnt play his very best,but still enough to beat hermansah.
    good stratergy for iskandar,drag pisit into rubber set after pisit play xd,pisit didnt have enough energy to outlast iskandar.

hard training pay off after all,ramdam superb defence save him from defeat in both match,good to see he play. a promising talent.

zulfadli had everything need to be a wj champion in future. he should have beat thw,not calm enough in 1st set,and 3 questionable line call against him in 2nd set.if not,we already have ms title inside the pocket.

syawal is a really talented player,his backhand is impressive. and his skill save him in both match,he is a fighter. never give up when trailing.

really glad to see nhe/lpj march into semis. they have the hunger(got reason 1:cool:)to win,and they have the ability.

really hope florah ng can overcome her problem on court.

yew/ow still not a champion material:(
    what a disapointment display by them,they should have win in straight set.

goh/pang suffer the same problem koo/tan had,superb when attack,defence is good but cant win the match.

tan wee tat/lau win hwi will be a title contender in future,they just lost to the thailand pair because of the top of the net.:(

yeoh chong yee and chooi kah ming quite good,but still,i think ykh need to do something on md department.

16. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

i think Sonia have better agility in court than Lydia. She has good anticipation. watch her game with Jia Wen yesterday.Today she did not performed as well as yesterday

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm,thats the problem.
    i didnt watch her match yesterday mah:(
    sorry
    anyway,i just say my opinion base on that match.:)

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    for ms

it is iskandar title to lose,if he play like yesterday,no one can stop him from winning the ajc ms title
    moreover,tian hou wei had some slight injury,if iskandar cant take advantage,i speechless

for md

i believe that we have some advantage in this match,having beaten the better pair from ina.anyway,they should not be overconfident.i wont surprise if we lose in md.

anyway,hopefully we can have 3 gold in ajc,team/ms/md:D

20. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Sorry m'friend. Our pair ruined your hope.:p